Results 1 to 15 of 15
  1.    #1  
    Why is it that every time anyone has anything even slightly negative to say about the Pre, at lease a handful of people jump in with a flamethrower throwing out the "troll" word left and right?

    Seriously, I've spent a LOT of time on many different forums, and this place is getting on my nerves. I thought iPhone fanboys were bad, but I can now safely say that Pre fanboys are much, much worse.

    Almost every topic that has anything to do with anyones opinion just turns into an argument because apparently criticism of the Pre just isn't welcome on these forums.

    now, let's see if the "troll hunters" will be able to resist bashing this thread...
  2. #2  
    Lol
  3. #3  
    People get sick of trolls because they are usually people complaining about things that either A) were well known before the release of the Pre or B) should just return their pre's within their 30 days and spare us.
  4. geodim's Avatar
    Posts
    276 Posts
    Global Posts
    278 Global Posts
    #4  
    Sidekick Color > Moto MPx220 > HTC Typhoon > Moto Q > HTC Apache > HTC Hermes > HTC Tilt > Palm Pre > HTC EVO 4G > HTC EVO 3D

    iPad 16GB WiFi > iPad 2 64GB WiFi
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by Beanis View Post
    People get sick of trolls because they are usually people complaining about things that either A) were well known before the release of the Pre or B) should just return their pre's within their 30 days and spare us.
    technically a Troll is someone who posts things specifically with the intention to elicit a negative response from people.

    I agree that a lot of the "complaints" are annoying, but many of them are valid, and people should be allowed to complain without getting flamed left and right.

    Here's a suggestion: Instead of bashing the person and calling them a troll, why not offer up an intelligent rebuttal? OR, just ignore them...

    Apparently some people on here get a sense of achievement by bashing people with opinions.
  6. tarhead's Avatar
    Posts
    183 Posts
    Global Posts
    184 Global Posts
    #6  
    I'm sorry - really, but I can't resist... I read the sentence "Technically a troll is..." and it didn't end with "monster under the bridge exacting tolls" - hah! technically - way off the mark - gosh i'm old.
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by tarhead View Post
    I'm sorry - really, but I can't resist... I read the sentence "Technically a troll is..." and it didn't end with "monster under the bridge exacting tolls" - hah! technically - way off the mark - gosh i'm old.
    Ha! you got me on that. How great of a response would that have been?
  8. #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by SkinFlaps View Post
    Why is it that every time anyone has anything even slightly negative to say about the Pre, at lease a handful of people jump in with a flamethrower throwing out the "troll" word left and right?

    Seriously, I've spent a LOT of time on many different forums, and this place is getting on my nerves. I thought iPhone fanboys were bad, but I can now safely say that Pre fanboys are much, much worse.

    Almost every topic that has anything to do with anyones opinion just turns into an argument because apparently criticism of the Pre just isn't welcome on these forums.

    now, let's see if the "troll hunters" will be able to resist bashing this thread...
    It all depends on your approach. If you come in here aggressively, you'll get an aggressive response.
    My Phone & My Wife's Phone Two Unlocked GSM Treo Pro's

  9. cashen's Avatar
    Posts
    759 Posts
    Global Posts
    773 Global Posts
    #9  
    Man, I was hunting and I thought this was a Pre bashing thread. I'll move on....
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by cashen View Post
    Man, I was hunting and I thought this was a Pre bashing thread. I'll move on....
  11. #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by SkinFlaps View Post
    Why is it that every time anyone has anything even slightly negative to say about the Pre, at lease a handful of people jump in with a flamethrower throwing out the "troll" word left and right?

    Seriously, I've spent a LOT of time on many different forums, and this place is getting on my nerves. I thought iPhone fanboys were bad, but I can now safely say that Pre fanboys are much, much worse.

    Almost every topic that has anything to do with anyones opinion just turns into an argument because apparently criticism of the Pre just isn't welcome on these forums.

    now, let's see if the "troll hunters" will be able to resist bashing this thread...
    So, you're saying that criticism should be left unchallenged?

    Interesting concept, but I think it's a bit unrealistic.
  12. #12  
    I would agree with you but we have had several cases in this forum where people who don't own a pre have set up a fake account on precentral to spread misinformation and spew negativity about the pre...thankfully now that we are past the initial launch these instances have become less frequent and these losers have moved on now that they know they cannot stop the success of the pre...
  13. #13  
    Sick of all the "troll hunters"? Not really.

    Sick of all the trolls? Absolutely! (But then there's always the ignore selection.)
  14. #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by SkinFlaps View Post
    Why is it that every time anyone has anything even slightly negative to say about the Pre, at lease a handful of people jump in with a flamethrower throwing out the "troll" word left and right?

    Seriously, I've spent a LOT of time on many different forums, and this place is getting on my nerves. I thought iPhone fanboys were bad, but I can now safely say that Pre fanboys are much, much worse.

    Almost every topic that has anything to do with anyones opinion just turns into an argument because apparently criticism of the Pre just isn't welcome on these forums.

    now, let's see if the "troll hunters" will be able to resist bashing this thread...
    There is a lot of I-Emotion in much of the trolling.
  15. #15  
    There are a ton threads talking about problems with the Pre and issues with WebOS, maybe people are just tired of hearing it and would rather talk about something positive?

Posting Permissions