View Poll Results: Complaints Sub-forums?

Voters
253. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, complaints are useless

53 20.95%
  • Yes, I hate trolls and apple fanboys

110 43.48%
  • No, I am weird i like reading complaints

34 13.44%
  • No, I am a troll it would be harder for me

10 3.95%
  • I don't care

46 18.18%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Wow, seriously Vick? So only those that post loving, wonderful things about this device would be welcomed here? What ever happened to freedom of expression, and the peaceful exchange of ideas good or bad? In my opinion, that's exactly what these and all internet forums are for. Seems to me, reading one 'My pre kicks ***' post after another would be pretty boring.
    Global Posts
    158 Global Posts
    lol, some of you guys spend way too much time on this forum if you can't live with a pissed off customer every now and then.
    go outside
    Global Posts
    946 Global Posts
    Cellphones are a much more complicated purchase than anything else because you are actually buying two products. A phone and a carrier. And if both don't work perfect then you've got a problem. So where does an internet savvy user run when they have a problem? To discussion boards.

The thing that always strikes me as strange is that the "enlightened" snooty users who have zero problems with a product are always the ones who want to clear the room of negativity and turn it into a Support Group. But shouldn't the people suffering from problems be the ones looking for a support group of fellow users? Youre phone works fine and life is grand but they're the ones who can't figure out why "the phone is slow when I do this" or "it keeps rebooting when I do that". But instead of the problem free users giving them a hand they instead tell them to **** off, blame the problem on the user and tell them to take their stupid make-believe trollbait somewhere else.

The internet is a sick world.
    Last edited by Urkel; 09/02/2009 at 06:22 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by ejohnnyk View Post
    I love the Pre, but I've complained about the calendar on this very forum. I won't stop complaining until it gets fixed. Hearing other complaints similar to mine, and finding possible solutions to my complaint, is what the forum is all about in my opinion.

Your poll choices, although very funny, are tipped and unbalanced. You've made the very idea of a separate section for complaints completely uncredible

I understand that some people post erroneous statements and are just looking to make trouble, but the forum should be a place of free expression -- and for the most part -- it is. The information here is quite useful.

Even the complaining.
    Nobody said anything about not allowing complaints. It's about organizing the forum to make it friendlier/easier for everyone.

To me I see everybody (except the trolls) as winners. Those, like me, who are sick of seeing the same complaints over and over will have less crap to wade through. And those who love to read complaints (or have complaints themselves), or just want to vent, will have a place to come together without being attacked about duplicate threads etc.

There is already a 'tech support' like forum, I don't see why complaint threads can't put in there or have a sub-forum there.
    Sony Clie --> Tungsten t2 --> iPhone3g --> Palm Pre --> Droid
    specific forums would be great maybe make some distraction forums titled "no pre haters allowed" or "iphony haters here " or whatever lol ,you get my drift anyways im a plus on this idea !!
    Can you change the "apple fanboys" in option number 2 to just fanboys in general? I love my Pre, but I also think the Pre fanboys are just as bad just as bad as the Apple fanboys.
  7.    #47  
    Quote Originally Posted by donatom3 View Post
    Can you change the "apple fanboys" in option number 2 to just fanboys in general? I love my Pre, but I also think the Pre fanboys are just as bad just as bad as the Apple fanboys.
    apple fanboys are way worse
    its like a religion to them and steve jobs is god to them
    I find that most fanboys can't be reasoned with, that's why I find them all equally annoying. Like a true Pre fanboy would never acknowledge anything good the iPhone does, just like an Apple fanboy wouldn't acknowledge anything good the Pre does. You just don't find Pre fanboys as annoying because they like the product you're here to talk about. I do because they'll defend something that shouldn't be defended no matter what.
    Global Posts
    294 Global Posts
    ...just tired of all the future-tellers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Urkel View Post
    Cellphones are a much more complicated purchase than anything else because you are actually buying two products. A phone and a carrier. And if both don't work perfect then you've got a problem. So where does an internet savvy user run when they have a problem? To discussion boards.

The thing that always strikes me as strange is that the "enlightened" snooty users who have zero problems with a product are always the ones who want to clear the room of negativity and turn it into a Support Group. But shouldn't the people suffering from problems be the ones looking for a support group of fellow users? Youre phone works fine and life is grand but they're the ones who can't figure out why "the phone is slow when I do this" or "it keeps rebooting when I do that". But instead of the problem free users giving them a hand they instead tell them to **** off, blame the problem on the user and tell them to take their stupid make-believe trollbait somewhere else.

The internet is a sick world.
    Well, that's not really how it goes here though, now is it? Let's take for example the thread at the top of the list as I type this: "Navigation Within A Text Field". OP asks how to do something and he's immediately given an answer. But of course, that's not good enough on PreCentral; you've got to start a discussion over how badly that feature sucks, no matter what it is.

I've seen very few threads on here where someone legitimately asked for help and was told to **** off.
    Global Posts
    655 Global Posts
    good idea
    We never have these problems on iPhone forums, cause iPhones were made just perfect in the first place! GD&R
    HP200LX->Treo270->Treo600->Treo650->Treo680->Centro->iPhone3G->
    Treo680->TreoPro->iPhone3GS->PalmPre->HPPre2->HPVeer 2.2.3->HPPre3

Real concerns and issues are just fine, I hate people who use this forum as a venting tool.

Just remember, nothing can ever be as good as the almighty IPhone. All hail Steve Jobs and Apple.
    Last edited by davecttt; 01/01/2010 at 10:06 AM.
    I certainly wouldn't mind a sub-forum.
    In all honesty, I just ignore trolls! Over at sailing anarchy it is possible to place an actual user on ignore, so you don't see their posts.
    HP200LX->Treo270->Treo600->Treo650->Treo680->Centro->iPhone3G->
    Treo680->TreoPro->iPhone3GS->PalmPre->HPPre2->HPVeer 2.2.3->HPPre3

Quote Originally Posted by dbmgreen View Post
    In all honesty, I just ignore trolls! Over at sailing anarchy it is possible to place an actual user on ignore, so you don't see their posts.
    You can do that here. Use User CP on the menu to go to your profile and then under Settings & Options select Edit Ignore List. I'm please to say the most of those on my ignore list have disappeared or post infrequently these days.
    Quote Originally Posted by Les Anderson View Post
    Your poll choices unfortunately make this idea much less credible.
    +1
    +1
    Global Posts
    905 Global Posts
    Look up the word "forum"....

This is a Forum, everything is OK here. (...in the right thread, of course.)

Don't like it, don't read it. ;-)
    Im all for complaining when a solution or AT LEAST and IDEA for a solution is offered but theres way too much complaining for the sake of complaining on this forum
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123