Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by DanPLC View Post
    I've noticed that several of the negative thread are created by someone with a very small (<5) post count. They'll ask a question about a very well known missing feature or issue of the Pre (for example: "How can I forward text messages?"). Then you'll never hear from that person again. I'm pretty sure threads like that are fake.

If the person starting the thread has already been involved in other discussions, then most likely the thread is real.
    I always check the resumé to determine if a poster is credible. Most trolls aren't smart enough to at least pretend that they're legit, and if you simply click on their name and review previous posts you can tell that they're full of it.
    Quote Originally Posted by gigaorg View Post
    I have been following the threads since CES, and I have seen all the negative posts about HW, bugs, battery, radio, etc. In many cases, I have seen nothing like what people are describing. I also know of some people that are paid to post negative comments for a certain products, and other people that post negative comments for the heck of it (since it is the competition). I therefore bring skepticism to these posts, but I also recognize that some portion (majority?) are real.

Am I paranoid? Does it even matter?
    i thought that I was the only one that thought this.
    Global Posts
    708 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dj ozone View Post
    Alot of the negative posts are fake and written by apple fanboys who get some sort of orgiastic thrill from their love and support of the apple CULTure.....I had heard of apple fanboys before but i never understood the level of their obsession until i brought my pre...Its tough to believe that there are people who would go through these efforts and attempt to poison the well in this way but hey everybody is different!...most real people are not gonna go to some forum and write a loooooooooonnnng goodbye detailing all the reasons why they are returning a phone....especially as a first post....real people just go get the new phone....

then you have the stock market investors who bet heavily on palm stocks to tank....these folks had been predicting palm stock to fall back to $4-5...but it has remained at about the $14-15 level so the short sellers are pissed off at the pre for losing them money...

And it seems as these efforts of pre sabotage are becoming fewer since they are not successful so now we are getting more of the real people with regular problems...
    Yeah its all due to Apple, all the problems are Apple's faults.
    With the IPhone, app builders have complained for a long time that there was no way to rebut any of the negative comments in their apps. People sometimes get really excited about trashing something, even if they have never used it or care about it.

The Pre, like something clean in a pig pen, just begs for crap to be flug at it. The Pre is a legitimate alternative to the Iphone. Does the Pre strike fear into Apple fanboys, maybe. I do believe there are infiltrators amoung us, however, there are legitimate issues with our Pre's, and ignoring them as stupid comments by interloping Apple fanboys would be it itself, stupid.

Continue bringing up issues so our phones and future phones will be better.
    Last edited by pogeypre; 07/20/2009 at 04:14 PM.
    After a week or two with my original Pre I had a broken 3.5mm jack. I wrote about it on here, so I guess you could say it was a "negative" comment. I'm currently on my 2nd Pre and it is perfect. So I guess you can chalk that up to one verified negative comment.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adjei View Post
    Yeah its all due to Apple, all the problems are Apple's faults.
    Apple stop innovating, they only started selling the iphone 2 years ago and in that space they have introduced 2 different models and 2 different iphone operating systems in that space in 2 years, so much for not innovating. Meanwhile what has Palm done, the only reason they find that they are in the position they are is they've been putting out crap for so long, now that is a company that wasn't innovating. No wonder they had to go in from the ground up and start all over. Apple was also in this position before. If they weren't innovating and staying on top with the iphone, they will find themselves in such a position again.
    Quote Originally Posted by GMoney749 View Post
    Why are you here? Seriously. Looking at your posts (which is easy to do by clicking on your username), all you do is defend Apple and talk about the iPhone. Do you really have nothing better to do than troll Palm forums and talk about Apple. If the people in this forum want to live in a fantasy world where the Pre is a nice device, what's it to you? If all you want to hear is wonderful stuff about Apple, go to an Apple forum. Wouldn't that make sense?
    Lame.
    No actually I don't have anything better to do.
    Global Posts
    46 Global Posts
    i think that the vast majority of the issues posted are real. I've read some odd ball issues that are clearly not factual and also a few posts that do nothing more than rail on the Pre for not being an iPhone, but to think that at appreciable percentage of the posts are fake is just not being realistic.

the Pre has some very real build quality issues (especially with the first batch distributed) Add to that, it's a 1.0 OS with signal/battery issues. I think that most people that have a perfectly working Pre are not going to post, and they don't need to. The fact of the matter is that with any 1.0 product, the early adapters are essentially beta testers. I believe that Palm/Sprint reps are monitoring these threads (or they should be) so any complaints posted are valuable feedback.

Unfortunately, people take negative posts personally rather than realize that the negative posts can be a good tool for debugging both the Pre (and webOS) but also how the Pre preforms on the Sprint network.
    Global Posts
    116 Global Posts
    I think most are legit. Just about every Pre/palm site Ive been to is the same, the largest thread is people having hardware problems/returns. Last time i checked Palms own Webos hardware forum there was a 18 page thread just on the loose slider. I've had to replace a few Pre's as has everyone of my friends that has a Pre so from my experence I believe most posts are legit.

I think many of these people are new to palm products, and lets face it Palm has NEVER been known for the QA with hardware. When i think of build quality i don't think of Palm lol

but if you are like me, i still love Palm phones so I am sticking with the Pre,Palm and Sprint. Just get the TEP, worst case you have to exchange your phone in 6 months or what not. It's really not that big of a deal.

I would like to try an android phone but i'm not leaving Sprint to do so. I hope Sprint gets one in the future so I can try it out.
    What if CAT really spells DOG?
    Global Posts
    708 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GMoney749 View Post
    So you've now resorted to following me around?
    Originally posted by ecb1171:
    Unfortunately, people take negative posts personally rather than realize that the negative posts can be a good tool for debugging both the Pre (and webOS) but also how the Pre preforms on the Sprint network.
    The problem is that some of the post really aren't true posts. Sometimes people just go to the bug list or something list of issues and duplicate the statements. In addition, who cares if they're true or not. Posting the issues to the users isn't going to fix the issues with Palm or Sprint.

If they truly have these issues, they should post their comment to Sprint or Palm and provide us copies of Sprint or Palm's answers.

I don't have any of the issues, but I make note of what could be an issue. My husband doesn't have any issues with his Pre either. We're just a very lucky household. But my point is that when I have problems with a device, I go to the company and complain. If I can't get satisfaction, I share with others. I don't start by posting.

In addition, there is already a bug list thread that was made a sticky that was provided on day one. This is where all the bugs and issues are supposed to be posted so that there is a legitimate and organized way to find out about know issues with the Pre. Any of these posts that are listed in other places are simply a nice way to vent, but they serve no real purpose for the forum.
    So you've now resorted to following me around?
    Don't worry, you'll be on my ignore list very soon.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12