Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 24
  1.    #1  
    Just a little rant here, so excuse me if its out of place...

    I wish people would stop doing this. They quote a post they link and just say "+1"

    First off its a waste of space. It contributes nothing to the conversation either.

    PLUS, this forum has a "Thanks" feature designed for just this purpose. Click it and your name shows up under the post to say you liked it.

    Ok rant over.
  2. psm9's Avatar
    Posts
    328 Posts
    Global Posts
    340 Global Posts
    #2  
    +1

    Oh, wait....D*** it, Sorry......
    Palm V -->m505 -->Tungsten T3-->T5->Centro-->Pre!
  3. #3  
    I don't see a problem with it, just another way to say "i agree" on something someone has posted. It is not necessarily a way of saying thanks. There are alot of posts where someone will reply with just "I'd like that feature too" or "I'm seeing the same issue". So you are saying those posts are a waste of space as well.
  4. #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by gabbott View Post
    I don't see a problem with it, just another way to say "i agree" on something someone has posted. It is not necessarily a way of saying thanks. There are alot of posts where someone will reply with just "I'd like that feature too" or "I'm seeing the same issue". So you are saying those posts are a waste of space as well.
    You know what irks me about forums like this one - when people post meaningless threads like this one. There is no point to this rant, and it just clutters up the forum. Also, with tons of new threads popping up daily, people need to start using the darn SEARCH feature. Nearly every topic is covered twice (at a minimum!). And when people post questions, they should search for them first, because 99.9% of them have already been answered!
  5. #5  
    +1 = I agree != thanks

    Maybe we need an [I agree] button. (Think that I may have suggested that before)
  6. #6  
    +1+1+1+1+1

    Ummmmm.... Hey.

    Just one +1 question for ya Mr. Rant and raver waste of timer.....

    Where this special +1/thanks button you so refer to on... Uhh, the mobile site?

    I think you wasted my time to this topic/ thread. It is rather hard for some to delete and edit within the subwindow on a reply with the Pre.

    you know what's even more frustrating? Navigating back and forth to read stupid/Thread titles which implicate one thing but say another. Much like thiss one.....
  7. #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyPre View Post
    +1+1+1+1+1

    Ummmmm.... Hey.

    Just one +1 question for ya Mr. Rant and raver waste of timer.....

    Where this special +1/thanks button you so refer to on... Uhh, the mobile site?

    I think you wasted my time to this topic/ thread. It is rather hard for some to delete and edit within the subwindow on a reply with the Pre.

    you know what's even more frustrating? Navigating back and forth to read stupid/Thread titles which implicate one thing but say another. Much like thiss one.....
    +1
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyPre View Post
    +1+1+1+1+1

    Ummmmm.... Hey.

    Just one +1 question for ya Mr. Rant and raver waste of timer.....

    Where this special +1/thanks button you so refer to on... Uhh, the mobile site?

    I think you wasted my time to this topic/ thread. It is rather hard for some to delete and edit within the subwindow on a reply with the Pre.

    you know what's even more frustrating? Navigating back and forth to read stupid/Thread titles which implicate one thing but say another. Much like thiss one.....
    Then maybe they should add the thanks feature to the mobile version. Thats a good idea. I figured not everyone would agree, thats why I said it was a rant.

    Sorry if I think saying +1 and not saying anything of value that adds to the conversation is a waste of a post. Honestly I couldn't care less if NeoJohnny6773 agrees with Hoobastank69420.
  9. #9  
    Well... Apples & oranges. The original thread was a waste to be honest. I think some one expresses an opinion is more or less support. Alot of times people rant about relavant issues other than +1 and ask 'what do you think?' and when one agrees, its a show of support.

    Forum activity & discussion is important factor in moving forward with issues. Arugh. My wife is yelling @ me. Kids need to go to camp. Si I can't even finish this. Sry.

    -1 for incompletion.
    -1 OP Topic
  10. #10  
    One more thing as objects are thrown @ me (wife).

    We need a thumbs up & down which is added to the thread not a whole message. You know a thumb up & names listed & same for thumbs down.

    Like facebook. Ukijfir

    End of tranmission. :-)
  11. #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyPre View Post
    +1
    +1
  12. #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by joshewah View Post
    Just a little rant here, so excuse me if its out of place...

    I wish people would stop doing this. They quote a post they link and just say "+1"

    First off its a waste of space. It contributes nothing to the conversation either.

    PLUS, this forum has a "Thanks" feature designed for just this purpose. Click it and your name shows up under the post to say you liked it.

    Ok rant over.
    -1
  13. #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by joshewah View Post
    I wish people would stop doing this. They quote a post they link and just say "+1"........this forum has a "Thanks" feature designed for just this purpose.
    I think your frustration stems from not understanding what "+1" or the "thanks" feature are for.

    Forum 101: When someone types +1 they are agreeing with what the quoted poster said. By clicking the "Thanks" button you are thanking that person for the information contained in the post.
  14. #14  
    The only reason I am posting is to potentially get a thanks by nhavar.

    Also, +2.
  15. #15  
    For those keeping score, the sum is:

    ----
    8

  16. #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by sacherjj View Post
    For those keeping score, the sum is:

    ----
    8

    I disagree. I get 9.

    (P.S. I counted the title)

    Edit: Actually 15 if you count all of the + or - numbers in the post.
  17. #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by bpdamas View Post
    I disagree. I get 9.

    (P.S. I counted the title)

    Edit: Actually 15 if you count all of the + or - numbers in the post.
    I was only counting the attributes that the thread is about. And allowing the "voting" to count, rather than an abs() accumulation. I stick by my total.
  18. #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by sacherjj View Post
    I was only counting the attributes that the thread is about. And allowing the "voting" to count, rather than an abs() accumulation. I stick by my total.
    Agree to disagree. When in Rome.
  19. #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by ryleyinstl View Post
    I think your frustration stems from not understanding what "+1" or the "thanks" feature are for.

    Forum 101: When someone types +1 they are agreeing with what the quoted poster said. By clicking the "Thanks" button you are thanking that person for the information contained in the post.
    I totally agree!

    To the OP:
    http://forums.webosnation.com/members/stargate-albums-my-pre-picture960-moving-pre.gif
  20. Helidos's Avatar
    Posts
    791 Posts
    Global Posts
    810 Global Posts
    #20  
    +1
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions