Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1.    #21  
    Quote Originally Posted by ryleyinstl View Post
    I think your frustration stems from not understanding what "+1" or the "thanks" feature are for.

Forum 101: When someone types +1 they are agreeing with what the quoted poster said. By clicking the "Thanks" button you are thanking that person for the information contained in the post.
    I have been on tons of web forums for many years, and this is the one that it seems to be rampant on and it still seems pretty useless thing to post to me regardless of what people are used to doing around here.

So I am multiplying all of your posts by 1/pi and then squaring it.
    Quote Originally Posted by ryleyinstl View Post
    By clicking the "Thanks" button you are thanking that person for the information contained in the post.
    Maybe the "Thanks" button could be balanced with a "slapped" button for posts that are rude, don't help or promote things like insurance fraud. Then you could have a "total karma" listed. 10 thanks and 5 slaps equals a total karma of 5. I think I've seen that on some forums somewhere.

Hey, may as well have some fun with it.
    Global Posts
    411 Global Posts
    I understand the intent of the OP, and agree with it, except this site has the requirement for something like 10 posts before you can send a PM or do some other things. New users may not have enough knowledge to post something intelligent, but can get the post count going with an occasional +1 or the like. If that's their intent, I am in favor of it.
    Quote Originally Posted by joshewah View Post
    So I am multiplying all of your posts by 1/pi and then squaring it.
    But they are not your's to perform arithmetic on.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12