Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Global Posts
    955 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jewel View Post
    This is also the trend in politics, Hollywood, news media, you name it.
    It's all the Democrats' fault.
    It's actually because he joined the forum in 2007, when the forum was mature, and the targeted device was very mature. There were folks banned on that forum as well, but the numbers were smaller, because it didn't have the "new toy, new place to talk, put down, extoll" draw.

This too shall pass.

In the meantime, what has the OP's contribution been to the Pre forum? One has to wonder, was this one "This is no good, I'm leaving" post his net contribution?
    Quote Originally Posted by ADGrant View Post
    I blame the iPhone. Its all Steve Job's fault.
    Us iPhone owners can be mature as well.
    SCH-A890 --> VX 9800 "V" --> VX 9900 "enV" --> Blackberry 8330 --> iPhone 3G --> Palm Pre --> iPhone 3GS
    Quote Originally Posted by cardfan View Post
    It goes along with Palm's new target audience. If you want the fat middle, then expect some of them to dumb down the forums.
    As a college-educated owner of a Palm Pre, I disagree whole-heartedly with this - whoa Ouch My Balls is on!
    Idiocracy anyone?

As the 21st century began, human evolution was at a turning point. Natural selection, the process by which the strongest, the smartest, the fastest, reproduced in greater numbers than the rest, a process which had once favored the noblest traits of man, now began to favor different traits. Most science fiction of the day predicted a future that was more civilized and more intelligent. But as time went on, things seemed to be heading in the opposite direction. A dumbing down. How did this happen? Evolution does not necessarily reward intelligence. With no natural predators to thin the herd, it began to simply reward those who reproduced the most, and left the intelligent to become an endangered species.
    Last edited by Integrals; 07/02/2009 at 03:51 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by wordweaver View Post
    iJaculate somewhere else
    I love how the mods move positive threads but leave the crap that is flooding the main forums there

AWESOME!
    Quote Originally Posted by wordweaver View Post
    iJaculate somewhere else
    Global Posts
    85 Global Posts
    This is a great forum.I was a "non member" for a while until I decided to take the plunge. Reading the forum, good and bad did help me make my decision.
    Some people do have a tendency to talk alot of crap when they know they can't get smaked upside the head, its just human nature. Ever get flipped off while driving ? I have yet to get flipped off walking by someone.
    I hoped in coming here to find a good source of information about the Treo Pro....and fairly often that has happened. However, there is such a deluge of attention given to the Pre that it has become discouraging to deal with this forum. Posts about the Pre should be in one place and each different other device should be likewise in its own "box"....so I can go to Pro related material only. In practice this hasnt been happening too well of late.

As for the griping and complaining....it seems that people are availing themselves of any opportunity to vent at least some part of their frustration, anger etc (which is actually in response to something unrelated to these forums).....The state of this country is causing so much stress in people's lives that I believe we are witnessing its manifestation here instead of its being directed at the government, banks, wheeler-dealers etc....pent up anger and frustration has to go somewhere...else something far worse could happen . I wonder, if people in America ca. 1770 or so had computers and the internet....would we have seen a similar pattern in their postings about things in their lives then?
    Quote Originally Posted by drfrog View Post
    I wonder, if people in America ca. 1770 or so had computers and the internet....would we have seen a similar pattern in their postings about things in their lives then?
    Interesting concept, but ultimately not meaningful. There's an entire historical progression leading up to today, and without the same sort of progression, people in the 1700's would have considered anyone with a computer to simply be in league with Satan. Talking boxes? Instant communications across many miles? Real-time knowledge of events happening in other places? Satan's work, all of it.

By the time folks in the 1700's got to the level of societal development we're at today, given the same philosophical and cultural conditions, they'd be pretty much the same as us...

Then again, what are we talking about?
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12