Global Posts
    362 Global Posts
    I'm very happy for the new partitioning of forums. It's a lot more organized. It had gotten to the point where every new conversation was instantly blown off the map, never to be seen or found again.

Thank you moderators!

But how do I keep up with forums now? Can anyone share any strategies? Following all new posts seems a non-option, as that would just produce the original fire-hose problem. There is also the sticky thread, "How can I exclude certain forums from the New Posts listing?," but reading quickly through it I can't tell what conclusions were made or what the answer to the thread's title question is -- it seemed to be under debate. (And creating a search for just new posts from selected forums didn't work because it required me to enter specific search terms.)

Is there a way to collate a single RSS feed from just selected forums? Is there a behavioral strategy I might personally adopt?

Thanks for your help!
    Last edited by jtlapp; 06/09/2009 at 09:06 AM.
    some one needs to make an app that can push updates to the pre
    Global Posts
    362 Global Posts
    I've discovered that each forum does have its own RSS feed, so it's possible to pull feeds for all the forums you care about into a reader. But I don't want to clutter my normal reader, which contains only posts I do always read. There's also the issue of each entry in the RSS feed always previewing only the first post of the thread, so there's no way to scan the feed for just posts that you might care about (have that problem with the web forum anyway).

Does this give anyone any ideas?