1.    #1  
    Alright, Listen up. I am placing this in the Pre section, Mods, Because this is where the damage has mostly been done. I hope you can leave it in here so others can get what I'm saying.

Since I've joined, I know many know me as a jerk or a ***hole, or "jealous because I cannot get on SERO." I'm here to set my record straight.

Regarding SERO, I have never had anything against the plan itself, it's a very good plan by all means. My gripe about SERO, is not the plan itself, but the mindset of people. What many have been trying to say to these customers is that, be thankful and glad that you've had such an amazing plan for so long. But all great things come to an end, eventually, right? Many were so sad and pissed because their plans wouldn't work with the Pre. You are paying $30ish a month for an amazing plan, far more less than a lot of others are, but yet you still want the same benefits that us regular paying people get. I'm sorry but your getting a $30 plan (more or less), do you really think you deserve a flagship device? I'm proud to be a SEP paying customer because I switched to att for 2 months, to get the iPhone, and I ended up paying $140+tax (no insurance offered) for 900 minutes, text, data, and n&w at 7pm. Coming from that, I'm hella proud to pay $99+$7 for insurance for EVERYTHING. I was one of the customers who could get the Pre, with no problems.

Now before you blow up on me here, read this.. I wish the Pre could have been used on every plan. Sprint would maximize on sales if they did it this way. I think they should have made a $30 data pack or something to go along with the Pre, for regular customers (non everything/sep customers), like the iPhone, Blackberries. But they didn't, so in return, it is what it is, wouldn't you say?

----

Next is when I would get at people for creating duplicate topic threads. The forum has a search feature, and yes, it is part of the rules. I get told everyday, "stop being so aggressive, stop trolling, stop being rude, etc etc etc" from the moderators. Yes, I see why they say that because when I stand back, I am being rude. I'm being told I'm not following the forum rules. BUT, remember people, part of the forum rules is to search before you post. Hundreds of thousands of people are members of this forum, You can bet your *** that your topic has more than likely been created before. Archived content, eh.. Yeah, I could see the reason to create a new thread. But when the same question you're asking is within the first 3 pages, maybe 4.. there is no reason why you cannot post in that thread, to revive it (which brings it back to page 1, at the top of the list) to get your question answered.

Do you see where I'm coming from here? I've been a member of boards for several years.. there is a "method" if you will, when being on these things.

Example: You join up.. have a question, right? Well, jumping into creating a new thread is more or less okay, since you're new. But at the same token, you were asked to agree to the Terms and Conditions, which stated this, as well as telling people like me, "don't be a jackass" (yes, I'm not following the rules neither.. ). The part that gets me is the people who have been on here for a while.. the ones who should "know better" but still act like they don't know what to do.

---

Now, Moderators, sorry for causing so much ruckus(sp?) on this forum. I don't go around trying to pick fights, while that's the image I've sadly given myself. I am sorry to you all for giving you each around 3 more gray hairs (assuming you have hair ). I will take a vow right now to calm down, and cool down. Someone on another board who I've known on there for several years has told me, "Angelo, just ignore it buddy.." and I think I need to apply that on here as well..

Members; Well, what can I say. You know what I've said to you. I've given my good, constructive posts and helped as much as I could to most, and have also given others a bunch of crap for other reasons. I really don't know what all I can say other than I'm very sorry. Why this is coming about now? IDK, Call it a revelation if you will, and maybe a lesson learned before I get permanently banned from here. Which I do not want to happen because when I get my Pre, I want to be able to come back with any questions or help, or just general info about the phone, and have you all help me with no problems.

In short, I'm sorry for the way I've been for the past few weeks, I hope you all can accept my apology, and consider this a new start for "us" to get back to good terms.

Sorry for this being so long, and thank you for reading it.
    Last edited by NM08SRT8; 06/07/2009 at 12:44 AM.
    Wait wait listen, I think I hear crickets chirping......
    Global Posts
    94 Global Posts
    Nice post..

Go get a pre!
    There ya go. Good for you NM!
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by Eguy View Post
    There ya go. Good for you NM!
    Thanks..

Regarding me getting my phone. Yeah, I'll have it sooner or later. I was trying to get my 11/1/09 upgrade pushed but man, They are so strict on this phone. No pushed upgrades, no discounts towards the phone, or anything, outside what you become eligible for.

So this will be a retail purchase for me, but that's fine because hopefully by my contract date, I can get me the newest phone at that time at subsidized pricing.

But after reading what everyone is saying about it, I'm hoping all these dead pixel reports was just a bad batch of phones or displays. Hopefully it will be recognized and corrected free of charge aside from the 30 day exchange.
    Good for you, Angelo!

Way to let go of your "Inner Fonzarelli"
    “Wolves are the top of the food chain, and when the wolf population is healthy, all other animal and plant populations are healthy.” -- Lois Tulleners
  7.    #7  
    It had to happen...
    Quote Originally Posted by NM08SRT8 View Post
    Thanks..

Regarding me getting my phone. Yeah, I'll have it sooner or later. I was trying to get my 11/1/09 upgrade pushed but man, They are so strict on this phone. No pushed upgrades, no discounts towards the phone, or anything, outside what you become eligible for.

So this will be a retail purchase for me, but that's fine because hopefully by my contract date, I can get me the newest phone at that time at subsidized pricing.

But after reading what everyone is saying about it, I'm hoping all these dead pixel reports was just a bad batch of phones or displays. Hopefully it will be recognized and corrected free of charge aside from the 30 day exchange.
    All is forgiven. You do have constructive posts. I just tend to get offended at your tone at times.

My Pre has been great if it is any consolation to you. A slight bit of distortion at the bottom of the screen if the phone gets hot. Barely noticeable though.
    -Goatin' Ain't Easy-
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by PedroTheGoat View Post
    All is forgiven. You do have constructive posts. I just tend to get offended at your tone at times.

My Pre has been great if it is any consolation to you. A slight bit of distortion at the bottom of the screen if the phone gets hot. Barely noticeable though.
    Yeah I "heard" about that. I remember the Diamond and Touch Pro do this. I think it's just the way they have the phone made. Maybe it's because of the processor speed of this thing.
    I used to be a SERO customer but had no problem switching to an everything plan. No gripes or complaining.

The group of people that don't get crap for complaining is the Premier customers. Sprint comes up with a free program and all of a sudden, sense of entitlement that these same people hate the SERO folks for appears.
    Palm M100 => Treo 755P => Treo 800w => Treo 755p => Palm Pre => No more Palm/HP products
    Way to be a jerk.
    ( pre-wallpapers.com ) - Over 7000+ Wallpapers for your Palm Pre... Enjoy!
    Well, NM, I've had you on ignore for a while, to be honest,* but I'm all for a fresh start. Good luck to ya.

* - I gripe a bit then I use "ignore" so that, hopefully, I don't spend TOO much time derailing threads.
  13. joelpalm
    You The Man Now Dog! Man, you tell it like it is and have been nothing but cool around here. Keep doing what you do.
    To tell you the truth, I haven't noticed you. (Others have made my ignore list though.)
    11 more steps to go!
    NM08SRT8 -

Thank you much for your post -- I'd say "Apology Accepted," but that sounds really snotty. Instead I'll say that I very much appreciate the sentiment of the post and I also very much appreciate all the work you've done helping us catch duplicate threads -- sincerely!

It's true that we've asked several folks in the forums to please 'simma down' a bit about duplicate threads and the like. The truth of the matter is that NM08SRT8 and I actually in near agreement about the issue of duplicate threads (and even SERO, though I don't think I'm as passionate as you about the issue ).

With the issue of duplicate threads - there's a balance to be made and we're trying to strike it in the face of a huge uptick in forum activity. This means helping teach new users to search before they post, merging threads where appropriate, and finally learning to accept that sometimes there will be threads that theoretically could/ought to be merged but aren't for various reasons like subtle differences in topic, timeliness, and so on. We've added three new moderators to the team to help deal with the extra traffic. Wonderful people that I've forgotten to publicly acknowledge, so I'll do that here:

Welcome Palandri, Mahootzki, and Derek Kessler to the mod team!

Basically, when there's a new thread that ought to be part of an old thread, the ideal reaction is this

1. Hey! Welcome to the forums!
    2. Your topic has actually been addressed already. It's best do to a search for an existing thread to post in instead of starting a new thread.
    3. [Report the thread so a mod can merge it]
    4. Here's the thread for your topic: LINK

...3 is a little time consuming and 4 too, so they're a bit more optional but very helpful.

As for the gray hairs - I probably have them, but I'm blonde so they're hard to see.

So honestly - we appreciate it when NM08SRT8 and everybody else points out duplicate threads! It's been very helpful.
  17.    #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by Dieter Bohn View Post
    NM08SRT8 -

Thank you much for your post -- I'd say "Apology Accepted," but that sounds really snotty. Instead I'll say that I very much appreciate the sentiment of the post and I also very much appreciate all the work you've done helping us catch duplicate threads -- sincerely!

It's true that we've asked several folks in the forums to please 'simma down' a bit about duplicate threads and the like. The truth of the matter is that NM08SRT8 and I actually in near agreement about the issue of duplicate threads (and even SERO, though I don't think I'm as passionate as you about the issue ).

With the issue of duplicate threads - there's a balance to be made and we're trying to strike it in the face of a huge uptick in forum activity. This means helping teach new users to search before they post, merging threads where appropriate, and finally learning to accept that sometimes there will be threads that theoretically could/ought to be merged but aren't for various reasons like subtle differences in topic, timeliness, and so on. We've added three new moderators to the team to help deal with the extra traffic. Wonderful people that I've forgotten to publicly acknowledge, so I'll do that here:

Welcome Palandri, Mahootzki, and Derek Kessler to the mod team!

Basically, when there's a new thread that ought to be part of an old thread, the ideal reaction is this

1. Hey! Welcome to the forums!
    2. Your topic has actually been addressed already. It's best do to a search for an existing thread to post in instead of starting a new thread.
    3. [Report the thread so a mod can merge it]
    4. Here's the thread for your topic: LINK

...3 is a little time consuming and 4 too, so they're a bit more optional but very helpful.

As for the gray hairs - I probably have them, but I'm blonde so they're hard to see.

So honestly - we appreciate it when NM08SRT8 and everybody else points out duplicate threads! It's been very helpful.
    Thank you a lot for this. Now I see Treo/PreCentral truely has superior moderators than on other forums. I'm glad to finally meet real moderators who don't feel the need to abuse their authority or "power" if you will.

Let this be a new beginning!!!