Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Global Posts
    71 Global Posts
    I wish the mods would move more posts then- looking at the palm pre general chat area- we have stuff about cracked screens, heat issues, dead screen, etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by bpdamas View Post
    Are you freaking kidding me? Am I on crazy pills here people? You have got to be joking. Please tell me you are. Please tell me you are joking.

Main Page

Hardware

Software

Maybe I'm wrong but aren't those forums labeled as such and intended for such posts. I really think I have taken some crazy pills or everyone else has lost their common sense pills.

oh, also, i meant to put "defective pres", but couldn't make the edited title show up.
    Quote Originally Posted by wp746911 View Post
    I wish the mods would move more posts then- looking at the palm pre general chat area- we have stuff about cracked screens, heat issues, dead screen, etc.
    I think that is near impossible with the amount of activity this forum is seeing. I am sure they are doing their best. Almost at any point there is about 1000 users viewing these things and there are countless repeat threads, posts in the wrong spots, unnecessary arguments, etc. I think there is not much more the mods can do with all of these user generated issues. I have seen them move quite a few but it has got to be tough to move even a majority of them.

Plus, like I said, this is mostly user generated problems. For instance, go to the main page and you will see around 1300 people viewing the general discussion. The next closest is the development forum and after that the most there is in one forum is less than 100. Do you really think all 1300 have general topics to talk about? I am betting if everyone posted in the correct forum it would make all of the mod's jobs a lot easier and all of our lives. Just some thoughts.
    Last edited by bpdamas; 06/30/2009 at 04:38 PM. Reason: punctuation
    Quote Originally Posted by bpdamas View Post
    I think that is near impossible with the amount of activity this forum is seeing. I am sure they are doing their best. Almost at any point there is about 1000 users viewing these things and there are countless repeat threads, posts in the wrong spots, unnecessary arguments, etc. I think there is not much more the mods can do with all of these user generated issues. I have seen them move quite a few but it has got to be tough to move even a majority of them.

Plus, like I said, this is mostly user generated problems. For instance, go to the main page and you will see around 1300 people viewing the general discussion. The next closest is the development forum and after that the most there is in one forum is less than 100. Do you really think all 1300 have general topics to talk about? I am betting if everyone posted in the correct forum it would make all of the mod's jobs a lot easier and all of our lives. Just some thoughts.
    sry, i meant for defective pre's. but yeah, you're right.
    We asked for a lot of input here:
    http://forums.precentral.net/treocen...-unusable.html
    Where I will merge this thread now.
    Just call me Berd.
    Global Posts
    640 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wp746911 View Post
    I gotta agree with this. Heck, I've seen posts moved for merely being a double of another post. If a concerted effort was made on this issue for a week, maybe people would finally get the right idea and start posting on the other correct forum threads.

I guarantee that people would get sick of seeing their posts moved and resign themselves to the proper forum.
    Global Posts
    640 Global Posts
    I should also add that some of these threads have been here for days and days and are several pages long, so how could they get so overlooked for moving?
    I move on an average of 15 threads a day.

I moved 40 last night.

I will go move more.

The biggest one was accessories - especially the Touchstone and skins.

Remember guys, a lot of moderation may go unnoticed.

I merged your repeated thread yesterday Sharon.
    Just call me Berd.
    We are also trying to keep the Hardware/Use/TroubleShooting forum from becoming a Rant section. We want it more for problem solving and fixes - Not; 'this Pre sucks! it's giving me so many problems! Stupid Palm! '

Members can help a lot by pointing posters to the correct forum.
    Just call me Berd.
    Regardless of how many sub-forums, categories, and search windows you place on the website, there are still going to be the 1 and done posters posting in the wrong section and creating unmanageable traffic.

I actually think there being so much traffic is somewhat of a good sign that Palm has actually, for once, appealed to the masses and created a phone that has general user gleam. I think this is the main reason there is so much activity in the forums right now. We are no longer comprised of geeky technology guru businessmen type people. There is a new wave of smartphone users that we have not seen before and this is mainly due to the curb appeal. I don't know what the right answer is for these forums but it is definitely evident the mods are doing everything they can.
    Global Posts
    640 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by berdinkerdickle View Post
    I move on an average of 15 threads a day.

I moved 40 last night.

I will go move more.

The biggest one was accessories - especially the Touchstone and skins.

Remember guys, a lot of moderation may go unnoticed.

I merged your repeated thread yesterday Sharon.
    Yeah, and you moved me today to here on this post. LOL I'm so freakin' embarrassed. Dropped me in a room full of mods while I'm complaining. Dang.

Maybe you guys need a stern warning at the top of the Pre forum: MOVE IT OR LOSE IT. This is not the forum for discussing issues related to hardware problems, etc. more detail yada yada. Let them know that complaints posted on the main forum will be moved once, but the poster will be warned only once. A second infraction and they're gone.
    Global Posts
    640 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by berdinkerdickle View Post
    We are also trying to keep the Hardware/Use/TroubleShooting forum from becoming a Rant section. We want it more for problem solving and fixes - Not; 'this Pre sucks! it's giving me so many problems! Stupid Palm! '

Members can help a lot by pointing posters to the correct forum.
    But wouldn't that be a more correct forum than the main forum? Right now the main forum is "this Pre sucks."

I'd be happy to help you guys out. I can play b*tchy traffic cop. Which forum do you want them directed to?

Maybe a Sound-off forum? That would be versus a Help forum.
    Is there a way to make a pop up dialog box or something that shows up every time you create a new thread? Maybe there are a couple check boxes in this dialog box. The first one could say "Did you search and did not find what you are looking for?". The second could say "Are you posting your thread in the correct forum?". This might help people get slightly more organized and realize they are potentially not following the rules. Maybe also give it a timeframe until this no longer happens. Like 3 or 6 months. Or however long. That part really doesn't matter much. Just some thoughts.
    That's a great idea, bpdamas. Noted. I will forward this to Dieter.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123