Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 26
  1. 1414H77's Avatar
    Posts
    221 Posts
    Global Posts
    417 Global Posts
       #1  
    Why did you close the BYE BYE PRE thread? Can't take dissenting views? What a gutless, wussey administrator.
  2. #2  
    I've been here for a long time and this is a good forum that doesn't put up with BS. If they closed the thread, there was a good reason.

    Resorting to insults isn't going to make your case any stronger... LOL
    Grant Smith
    A+, Net+, MCPx2, BSIT/VC, MIS

    eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

    DISCLAIMER: The views, conclusions, findings and opinions of this author are those of this author and do not necessarily reflect the views of eNVENT Technologies.
  3. #3  
    it's called "moderating" and precentral.net/treocentral.com has every right to "moderate" as they see fit...
    Last edited by Grim; 06/06/2009 at 07:18 PM. Reason: Correction - I didn't post in this particular thread
    “Wolves are the top of the food chain, and when the wolf population is healthy, all other animal and plant populations are healthy.” -- Lois Tulleners
  4. #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by hbg View Post
    Why did you close the BYE BYE PRE thread? Can't take dissenting views? What a gutless, wussey administrator.
    wahhh
  5. 1414H77's Avatar
    Posts
    221 Posts
    Global Posts
    417 Global Posts
       #5  
    They "moderated" because the person was not a fan of the Pre. Pure and simple.
  6. #6  
    anything negative about Palm is offensive to the Biased Palm users, and the administrators of this website.
    I thought this was America?
  7. 1414H77's Avatar
    Posts
    221 Posts
    Global Posts
    417 Global Posts
       #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by Grim View Post
    it's called "moderating" and precentral.net/treocentral.com has every right to "moderate" as they see fit...

    And I was one of those who probably caused the thread to be closed. IMHO it was an appropriate action.
    What caused to be so threatened by it?
  8. #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by hbg View Post
    They "moderated" because the person was not a fan of the Pre. Pure and simple.
    No, they moderated (I assume at least) because he was a troll. The same person also said last night before he even touched the Pre that "50% of all Pres sold would be returned" and other crap like that.
  9. #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by hbg View Post
    They "moderated" because the person was not a fan of the Pre. Pure and simple.
    Not true. There are plenty of 'not a fan' threads popping up with no problems...
    Grant Smith
    A+, Net+, MCPx2, BSIT/VC, MIS

    eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

    DISCLAIMER: The views, conclusions, findings and opinions of this author are those of this author and do not necessarily reflect the views of eNVENT Technologies.
  10. #10  
    FACE!!!
  11. #11  
    they moderated because it was degenerating into an iphone fan boy bash fast, and soon this will be locked too IMHO. It was not constructive in anyway and while i couldn't remember my treo central log on, i've been around for awhile and useless forum BS isn't put up with around here. which is a GREAT thing, this is about the pre, how to make it better, use it, or complain, but in a usefull grown up manner.
  12. #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by hbg View Post
    What caused to be so threatened by it?
    My bad - I was thinking of a different thread. I didn't reply to the thread the OP mentioned.
    “Wolves are the top of the food chain, and when the wolf population is healthy, all other animal and plant populations are healthy.” -- Lois Tulleners
  13. 1414H77's Avatar
    Posts
    221 Posts
    Global Posts
    417 Global Posts
       #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by gksmithlcw View Post
    Not true. There are plenty of 'not a fan' threads popping up with no problems...
    So what was so different about this one that it needed to be censored? If I missing something that got censored that should have been I apologize, but from what I see here it looks like suppressing negative views. Maybe you can shed like on what it was.
  14. #14  
    I think it was because it was getting ugly. You know how people act when their device gets put down. It was getting out of hand.
  15. 1414H77's Avatar
    Posts
    221 Posts
    Global Posts
    417 Global Posts
       #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by Funky Cricket View Post
    they moderated because it was degenerating into an iphone fan boy bash fast, and soon this will be locked too IMHO. It was not constructive in anyway and while i couldn't remember my treo central log on, i've been around for awhile and useless forum BS isn't put up with around here. which is a GREAT thing, this is about the pre, how to make it better, use it, or complain, but in a usefull grown up manner.
    No offense, but 50% of what is on any forum is "BS" as you say.
  16. #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by hbg View Post
    No offense, but 50% of what is on any forum is "BS" as you say.
    Does that mean only 25% is BS?
  17. 1414H77's Avatar
    Posts
    221 Posts
    Global Posts
    417 Global Posts
       #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by lopezpm View Post
    I think it was because it was getting ugly. You know how people act when their device gets put down. It was getting out of hand.
    OK, I hear you. I agree I should not have called the admin what I did. It just looked blatant to me to stop unhappy views which are also important to know.

    I'll stop here because this thread has said it all, on both sides. Best regards. I like my Pre, by the way.
  18. #18  
    If it's constructive, it will stay...if it's just a troll-based bash...it will go
  19. #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by hbg View Post
    Why did you close the BYE BYE PRE thread? Can't take dissenting views? What a gutless, wussey administrator.
    shawnfb already said his views and expressed his goodbyes. I did not delete the thread. I closed the thread because it has started to go downhill. shawnfb can express his discontent with Palm and Pre anytime but if the thread starts to resort to name calling (as you did here), it does not help.
  20. #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by ronbo2000 View Post
    shawnfb already said his views and expressed his goodbyes. I did not delete the thread. I closed the thread because it has started to go downhill. shawnfb can express his discontent with Palm and Pre anytime but if the thread starts to resort to name calling (as you did here), it does not help.
    ronbo even handed as always
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions