View Poll Results: How long will you stay with the Pre Central Forums?

Voters
150. You may not vote on this poll
  • Till it's released and I get one

2 1.33%
  • For a few months, I wanna know about bugs

15 10.00%
  • For a long time, I wanna see where this things goes!

87 58.00%
  • I dunno, whenever it gets boring...

46 30.67%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Global Posts
    918 Global Posts
    I'm just posting less frequently until Palm comes up with a phone that does what I need. I'm sure they will, IF they survive!
    PalmPilot Professional...Palm Vx...Treo 600...Treo 680...HTC Touch HD...iPhone 4S...
    Quote Originally Posted by cary328is View Post
    I love this forum. I think once all the apps start coming out, this will be a GREAT place to get reviews on different apps that people like to help me decide which one to purchase. Also, it's also a great way to get help on minor stuff that the Sprint stores probably won't even be aware of yet.
    What you said.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eguy View Post
    That must of taken a few months with the state of the Pre section
    I do the same thing. It makes my brain melt.
    "'Form follows function' that has been misunderstood. Form and function should be one, joined in a spiritual union."
    Frank Lloyd Wright
    I have been a TC guy for years...and still use a 680...but ready for the jump to modernity. But I need GSM so for me the release of the Pre is but a step in the silly season....sort of like the NBA regular season. Fun to watch a bit, but meaningless until you are playing my team in the playoffs. I have AT&T (based on work) and need the GSM version and willing to pay $$ for it.

So, Palm. Have your fun and let Sprint have their day. Both deserve it.

But get the unlocked GSM units out there asap as you can following this. There area sea of us GSM folks who will buy this thing at a reasonable cost ($500-600) and be free advertising for you and can then pit your full cost device against those silly Iphones.

Thanks

Skigs
    It would be silly to leave the forum just as its about to get interesting.
    I think this thread makes me want to go find some real oldschool htreads and revive them .... see what all the new folks can add. hehe
    da Gimp

Please note: My spelling sucks and I'm to lazy to check it.
    I hope to continue to post using my Pre!

@ ThePhoneDiva - you are right about this community being cool. There are so many other sites that people just attack each other. ahh, ahh, like PIC.
    I've been here for a few years now without really posting so im not going anywhere once the pre gets here.Everyone here is cool so im here to stay.
    Global Posts
    220 Global Posts
    I don't know about "leaving". I imagine as long as I own a Pre / palm product, this site / forum will be a great resource. My frequency in visiting, however, may decline once I have the phone, though I imagine I'll still be around relatively regularly for some time.

Right now it's my "fix" until I have the damn thing in my hands
    Quote Originally Posted by miles4000 View Post
    I hope to continue to post using my Pre!

@ ThePhoneDiva - you are right about this community being cool. There are so many other sites that people just attack each other. ahh, ahh, like PIC.
    thank the mods for that
    da Gimp

Please note: My spelling sucks and I'm to lazy to check it.
    it will definitely be good to stick around and the site will be able to incorporate future webOS phones.
    Global Posts
    379 Global Posts
    No. I'm staying. That will be when the threads will actually be interesting! No more "I saw the Pre on Heroes" or "Can I use the Pre with my SERO plan?" It will be more about the apps and tweaking the phone. The good stuff!
    no need to leave, this is a good place for updates, bugs, help... and if it is anything like the other forums i frequent, you can find a lot of free and cool stuff... i like free
    I was grandfathered in from TreoCentral. I'll be here until the next major <fill in the blank> device is announced and get grandfathered into the next <fill in the blank>Central.net site!
    MoBill - Use your Authorize.net account to bill your customers with your webOS device!!
    MoJack - Track your lost or stolen webOS device from anywhere!
    Time to get VIRAL
    I won't leave the forums because of the Pre, but I'd consider leaving because of the recent troll and... mean person* influx inspired by the Pre.

* - that took a LOT of restraint
    * Stuck patches? Partial erase worked for me.
    * Stuck virtual keyboard? Partial erase AND folder deletion worked for me.
    Global Posts
    417 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by west3man View Post
    I won't leave the forums because of the Pre, but I'd consider leaving because of the recent troll and... mean person* influx inspired by the Pre.
    I wouldn't consider leaving myself though I know what you mean, it's been particularly frustrating in the comments on the news feed where no login is required.

I'm a Brighthand convert but this place is deticated to my weapon of choice - Palm. I love this place, these forums are much cleaner than the TC forums thanks to the almighty Diet and Co. TC has always been helpful, I will be lurking for as long as I can see.
    Last edited by brum; 05/23/2009 at 05:37 AM.
    Palm V → TX → Centro → HTC Legend → TouchPad/Pre 3(UK) → HTC One X → Nexus 4/iPad Mini → Pre 3/TouchPad Go
    Quote Originally Posted by brum View Post
    ...these forums are much cleaner than the TC forums thanks to the almighty Diet and Co. TC has always been helpful,...
    ???
    Quote Originally Posted by west3man View Post
    ???
    I'm thinking "Diet and Co" is shorthand for "Dieter's around, but the moderators are awesome."
    Ahh. Thanks for the translation.

The best I could come up with was something about "Diet Coke."
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123