View Poll Results: How long will you stay with the Pre Central Forums?

Voters
150. You may not vote on this poll
  • Till it's released and I get one

2 1.33%
  • For a few months, I wanna know about bugs

15 10.00%
  • For a long time, I wanna see where this things goes!

87 58.00%
  • I dunno, whenever it gets boring...

46 30.67%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Global Posts
    666 Global Posts
    I'm liking this community. I will stay.
    I'll probably check in once in a while..definitely not multiple times a day like now. Mostly just to see what apps people are digging and any new things people have going on with their pre's/ways to fix issues with mine
    I am here for rumors and what-not on the Palm Pre. But, I will be staying after the Pre is released. Lots of informative posters on here.
    After I witness the fireworks from every complaint imaginable, I will periodically check the message boards to see what the new buzz is.
    Until the pry my Pre from my cold, dead fingers!!

...or until a better device comes along that isn't supported by these forums.

....Ah, who am I kidding? I've been around since this place was Visor|Central. I'm not going anywhere!
    --Inspector Gadget

"Go Go Gadget Pre!!"
    Palm Pre on Sprint

Palm V--> Palm IIIc--> Visor Prism--> Visor Phone--> Treo 270--> Treo 600--> Treo 650-->
    Treo 700wx--> HTC Touch Diamond--> Palm Pre & HTC EVO 4G.
    Quote Originally Posted by jmart603 View Post
    I'll probably check in once in a while..definitely not multiple times a day like now. Mostly just to see what apps people are digging and any new things people have going on with their pre's/ways to fix issues with mine
    This.
    Treo 650p --> Treo 755p --> Pre
    I have already come back less obessively since about 9am yesterday when I read the official release date and price announcement. However, I will certainly come back to see what apps/hacks some have come up with.
    I'll probably stick around. I was a member when I had my Treo 650 but then started hanging out at PPCGeeks when I got my Mogul and Touch Pro. Chances are I will have more reason to stick around Palm forums in a few weeks.
  9. Xyg
    Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts
    I will leave the forums if there aren't consistantly 30 polls up. They are the lifeblood, and a good sign of, a healthy online community.
    Getting close to 5 years w/ these forums. Not going anywhere.

I will say this: I;m looking forward to the end of silly season. Its become a real task keeping up w/ so many threads. Ive totally stopped looking at the other Treo / Centro forums.
    da Gimp

Please note: My spelling sucks and I'm to lazy to check it.
    Quote Originally Posted by laravia18 View Post
    After I witness the fireworks from every complaint imaginable, I will periodically check the message boards to see what the new buzz is.
    I'm working on a compaign right now to begin complaints (along with a poll, and possibly a petition) against those who "periodically check the message boards". Long live the real zealots!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by B-model View Post
    Getting close to 5 years w/ these forums. Not going anywhere.

I will say this: I;m looking forward to the end of silly season. Its become a real task keeping up w/ so many threads. Ive totally stopped looking at the other Treo / Centro forums.
    I stopped doing that in Feb.

Most of the threads are garbage lately either SERO or iPhone is better BS. I don't understand why people have to waste space here by making a new topic about SERO or the new iPhone... just get the iPhone if you want it and forget the post. Sheesh
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
    Well, I definitely will stop checking every five minutes once I have it. Usually what happens for me is right when I get something new, I'll check the forums for it, and as I get more and more used to it, I check it less and less often and eventually I end up checking about once a week, if that. (I think I was checking Treocentral monthly, if that, until December-ish.)

I don't plan on stopping entirely though, I'm just pretty sure my visiting will trail off.
    I'll leave when another one becomes as busy. This is kinda becoming the 'Youtube comments' of forums, with nonsense arguments and iPhone mentioned far too often ("Pre will fail because of iPhone, here's why! Stupid Palm!" say it more, we didn't see it the first 200 times)

But no other forums seem to be as active as here so I'll stick around until whenever.
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    I'm working on a compaign right now to begin complaints (along with a poll, and possibly a petition) against those who "periodically check the message boards". Long live the real zealots!!!
    Hey the Pre took over my life. After reality sets in I have no choice but to visit the forums less.
    I love this forum. I think once all the apps start coming out, this will be a GREAT place to get reviews on different apps that people like to help me decide which one to purchase. Also, it's also a great way to get help on minor stuff that the Sprint stores probably won't even be aware of yet.
    Been here a while, left and come back. The thing I don't look forward to is the distance between the minor bugs and the first update. Then you get every bone head that only has ever owned a Razor complaining that the ringtone starts out soft and gets loud and why doesn't Palm release an update 3 days after it is released. Since the Treo 270 they predicted that the few bugs in the OS was going to cause Palm's demise.

For those of us that have been on this forum for years, how many people were certain that Palm was going under because of the release of a certain model that had it's keys too close together or or the led didn't light up correctly to notify of messages.
    Global Posts
    41 Global Posts
    I lurked around when I had my Treo 650 and after I bought my 3G iPhone I visited occasionally. I really loved the Palm OS and my 650 so here's hoping the best for the Pre. I am really looking forward to the Pre and not being an early adopter I will let the bugs get worked out and listen to all the input from the EAs. If It is better than the new iPhone I'll give my 3g to my wife and get the Pre. What ever I do I will visit regularly.
    I read all of the "new" messages.
    Quote Originally Posted by bclinger View Post
    I read all of the "new" messages.
    That must of taken a few months with the state of the Pre section
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast