Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Now each post will have a "Thanks" button on it -- thank the good stuff, folks!
    Thanks!
    Thanks!

Oh, and thank you DigitalNight for thanking Dieter.
    LoL... i'd say thank you, but I just clicked the little button Pretty cool, I just noticed the feature a few minutes ago... I was like, when did this happen!?
    Thanks... this is much needed.

Since changes are being made, how about implementing that old requested; thread start date in the forum topics listing, possibly along with the thread OPr name that's already displayed?
    Thank you Dieter!
    Editor-in-chief, iMore
    Executive producer, Mobile Nations
    Co-host, Iterate, Debug, ZEN & TECH, Ad hoc, MacBreak Weekly
    Cook, grappler, photon wrangler.

http://www.imore.com
    http://www.mobilenations.com
    http://twitter.com/reneritchie
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenHex View Post
    Thanks... this is much needed.

Since changes are being made, how about implementing that old requested; thread start date in the forum topics listing, possibly along with the thread OPr name that's already displayed?
    Sorry, not thinking clearly anymore -- can you explain what you're looking for like you're talking to a 2 year old -- that's about how smart I feel at this late hour.
    Child... pay attention, will you please?

In the forums topics summary listing, you have the following fields:

| Thread / Thread Starter | Last Post | Replies | Views | Forum |

In the "Thread/ Thread Starter" field shows something like "New Feature: Thanks Button!" in bold with "Dieter Bohn" below it in normal text. I'm thinking, why not add yet another field (the thread start date) to the whole thing so it reads:

New Feature: Thanks Button!
    Dieter Bohn [04/24/2009]

A lack of "thread start date" is always bugging since, if you have a forum topic like "New Phone Released!!! It's going to KILL the iPhone" one could never figure out when the topic was started without going to the first post. It could well be from 1972.

Here is my original request from 2006:
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/tr...tml#post969204

Edit: HELP, I can't copy and paste forum topic links anymore... it don't work like it used to. Anyways, the topic title is "Display Thread Start Date in Forum Listing" started by me in the "Other Forums" section.

Last edited by GreenHex; 04/23/2009 at 09:23 PM. Reason: Tried and tried to make the link work...
    Should the message under the avatar say
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by johncc View Post
    Should the message under the avatar say
    well, what if a multiple posts in a single thread get thanked?
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenHex View Post
    Child... pay attention, will you please?

In the forums topics summary listing, you have the following fields:

| Thread / Thread Starter | Last Post | Replies | Views | Forum |

In the "Thread/ Thread Starter" field shows something like "New Feature: Thanks Button!" in bold with "Dieter Bohn" below it in normal text. I'm thinking, why not add yet another field (the thread start date) to the whole thing so it reads:

New Feature: Thanks Button!
    Dieter Bohn [04/24/2009]

A lack of "thread start date" is always bugging since, if you have a forum topic like "New Phone Released!!! It's going to KILL the iPhone" one could never figure out when the topic was started without going to the first post. It could well be from 1972.

Here is my original request from 2006:
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/tr...tml#post969204

Edit: HELP, I can't copy and paste forum topic links anymore... it don't work like it used to. Anyways, the topic title is "Display Thread Start Date in Forum Listing" started by me in the "Other Forums" section.

Hm, link worked for me. I'll see about adding that to the template. Thanks for the detail!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dieter Bohn View Post
    well, what if a multiple posts in a single thread get thanked?
    I must be misunderstanding the meaing, but wouldn't it be impossible to be thanked 6 times in 1 post. Should it be 6 times for 1 post then?
  13.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by johncc View Post
    I must be misunderstanding the meaing, but wouldn't it be impossible to be thanked 6 times in 1 post. Should it be 6 times for 1 post then?
    It's aggregating multiple thanks for multiple posts, so erm

Post A: You receive 5 thanks
    Post B: You receive 7 thanks

so your status becomes

Thanked 12 times in 2 posts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dieter Bohn View Post
    It's aggregating multiple thanks for multiple posts, so erm

Post A: You receive 5 thanks
    Post B: You receive 7 thanks

so your status becomes

Thanked 12 times in 2 posts.
    Okay. After this attempt, I will give up.

The subject of the thanks posted A & B and was thanked 5 times for A and 7 times for B, right? So he/she was thanked in 12 posts for his contribution in posts A and B. ie He/she was thanked 12 times for 2 posts.
    I'd like to 'Thanks' you Dieter but there is no 'Thanks' button on the mobile version of the site.
    Quote Originally Posted by scheumanrj View Post
    I'd like to 'Thanks' you Dieter but there is no 'Thanks' button on the mobile version of the site.
    I noticed that also.
    I guess I'll have to be unthankful while browsing on my treo. ;-/
    That is very good, now we won't have to +1 people and waste a post
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
    One of my favorite features over on the Iambic forums. Thanks (twice) for including it here!
    Dieter,

is it possible to add the 'Thanks Button' to the Mobile Version?
    Just call me Berd.
  20.    #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by berdinkerdickle View Post
    Dieter,

is it possible to add the 'Thanks Button' to the Mobile Version?
    I'll see about it tonight
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast