Global Posts
    417 Global Posts
    I can understand that the cost of buying "www.palmcentral.com" could be very high indeed but for the sake of the future, to avoid confusion, wouldn't it make sense to purchase palmcentral.com from Handago.

The long-term future of the Treo moniker is in question and we all know that the Pre isn't the only product in the pipeline for the webOS world.

Even webOSCentral.com from melbourneIT would make more sense than PreCentral. I can understand the Treo legacy in the SmartPhone experts Community though it's no longer consistent with the rest of the community because it's specific to a particular (and mostly aging) product line.

PalmCentral.com makes the most sense because it is the least likely that Palm will be changing their name any time soon and it would be inclusive for the PalmOS heritage in regard to support etc.

I'm sure it'd be a smart long term move, even if it cost's an arm and a leg - it can only cost more after the Pre and other webOS devices become successful. So is money the only reason?
    Global Posts
    417 Global Posts
    p.s. Dieter, you keep saying 'stay tuned' but can you even give us a slight hint at what is in the works? it's just adding the the pain already induced by the Pre.
    For now we're going to stick with TreoCentral.com and PreCentral.net. Handango looks to want to keep PalmCentral.com.

If Palm decides to continue to add more product names, we have a 'catch-all' domain we can move to.
    Global Posts
    417 Global Posts
    That sucks. Love the new precentral.net layout, nice webOS cues and so easy on the eyes.

Like the sharing arrangement, I tried to change the domain with the same string and it worked - sweet. All round - well done!