Results 1 to 12 of 12
  1.    #1  
    I just noticed what I assume to be a recent change in the forums: a mobile/streamlined version. For the most part, I really dig it. I like loading pages more quickly while (I hope) losing little to no functionality.

    Coincidentally, I recently started a thread, asking how to force our Treo's (mine's a 755p) to load the full webpage of any website that doesn't have a link or a button to allow the user to switch between the full and mobile versions.

    Sometimes the full versions of sites offer greater control, functionality, speed than the "skinny" versions... and sometimed even more content. At times, it'd be useful to be able to switch at-will between the two versions.

    Is there a "mobile switch" here? So far, I think this is a great implementation, but I'd still like to request the option, if possible. Thanks.

    (Sorry for the ramble.)
  2.    #2  
    Wow. As soon as I navigated to subsequent threads, the full version returned. What happened?
    * Stuck patches? Partial erase worked for me.
    * Stuck virtual keyboard? Partial erase AND folder deletion worked for me.
  3. #3  
    theoretically any page you visit will be full as long as your url starts with discussion.treocentral.com .

    It will be mobile if it starts with treo.discussion.treocentral.com

    ...if that behavior isn't working, let me know for sure. The best way to 'toggle' between them is to just edit the url quick on whatever page you are on.
  4. #4  
    I use;

    http://treo.discussion.treocentral.c...d.php?t=178551

    For Full version remove "treo." from before "discussion.treocentral"

    For mobile just add "treo." back in.

    Quick way to toggle back and forth.
  5.    #5  
    Ahh. Many thanks.

    *makes mental note*

    "treo... treo... treo... treo..."
    * Stuck patches? Partial erase worked for me.
    * Stuck virtual keyboard? Partial erase AND folder deletion worked for me.
  6.    #6  
    I don't know if this is the kind of thing that you'd want to know but there've been times that the site has misidentified my device/browser. Just now, that 24/7 thread on the Pre forum showed up on my desktop browser (Google Chrome) in mobile mode. I took "treo." from the beginning of the url and it became the regular version.

    I think the opposite has happened on my Treo, but it's been inconsistent so I couldn't rule out user error.
    * Stuck patches? Partial erase worked for me.
    * Stuck virtual keyboard? Partial erase AND folder deletion worked for me.
  7. #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by west3man View Post
    I don't know if this is the kind of thing that you'd want to know but there've been times that the site has misidentified my device/browser. Just now, that 24/7 thread on the Pre forum showed up on my desktop browser (Google Chrome) in mobile mode. I took "treo." from the beginning of the url and it became the regular version.

    I think the opposite has happened on my Treo, but it's been inconsistent so I couldn't rule out user error.
    Hm, well we took away all the code that does autodetection, so if you click a link that starts with "treo." it will give you the mobile version.
  8. #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by Dieter Bohn View Post
    we took away all the code that does autodetection,
    And I prefer it that way.
    I like to decide for myself when/if I want mobile or full.
    Just call me Berd.
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by berdinkerdickle View Post
    And I prefer it that way.
    I like to decide for myself when/if I want mobile or full.
    It's something of a challenge because the page starts to load and I have to remember that it doesn't *have* to take that long... then stop it from loading, insert "treo." and watch it load in a second or two.

    As long as there's something I can click to switch between the two, I'm good. And if not, I'm still glad to have the mobile option. It loads so much more quickly.

    I can't wait to have a device to loads full-sized web-pages with comparable speed.

    *sigh*

    *tries not to start talking about the Pre*
    * Stuck patches? Partial erase worked for me.
    * Stuck virtual keyboard? Partial erase AND folder deletion worked for me.
  10.    #10  
    I just realized that the thread/post notifications now include mobile versions of the links, at the bottom. Many thanks. Doing it manually wasn't working for me, for some reason.

    The pages load so quickly that I have to experience a moment or two of disbelief before I can begin reading/posting.

    Thanks, again.
  11. #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by west3man View Post
    I just realized that the thread/post notifications now include mobile versions of the links, at the bottom. Many thanks. Doing it manually wasn't working for me, for some reason.

    The pages load so quickly that I have to experience a moment or two of disbelief before I can begin reading/posting.

    Thanks, again.
    Yep, after the switch to combined forums I realized those mobile links needed to get re-added to the emails. Glad they're getting use.
  12. #12  
    I was glad to see them also.
    Thanks
    Just call me Berd.

Posting Permissions