1.    #1  
    I've been thinking about this for the past few days, and I'm trying to understand one important design decision on the TreoCentral/PreCentral sites. My issue is that when an article is written on the home page, it has a comment section. Generally a few people will respond here and there, but the majority of discussion or comments tend to be written in the forums in a separate thread. I wonder if it would be possible to post stories normally on the home page and have a thread created in the appropriate forum automatically where people can comment. I feel like it'll keep discussion focused in one place and users don't have to jump from place to place to see what people have to say.

On a completely separate note... I would also like to have a Precentral link at the top of the forums. When I'm on a forum site I like clicking through threads and on occasion jumping back to the main page. Since I rarely go to the TreoCentral main page anymore, I would prefer to have Precentral at the top or at least both. Thanks for considering my suggestions!
    There for a while, early on that is, when I saw an interesting article there at PreCent, I would do a quick search to make sure it wasn't posted, and then I would start a Thread with the Title of the Article, with a link to the article.

I think it's a good idea.
    I think it's easier to discuss it here in the forum than in the comment area under the Story.
    Just call me Berd.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by berdinkerdickle View Post
    There for a while, early on that is, when I saw an interesting article there at PreCent, I would do a quick search to make sure it wasn't posted, and then I would start a Thread with the Title of the Article, with a link to the article.

I think it's a good idea.
    I think it's easier to discuss it here in the forum than in the comment area under the Story.
    yea, I noticed that there used to be threads matching the stories title. That confused me even more cause I didn't know if I should copy and paste my comments in both threads. I also agree that discussing stuff in the forums is way easier than the comment area. The only negative I can see to it is that comments can be posted anonymously and/or without registering for the forum if they're just stopping by and too lazy to sign up. Personally I prefer legit posts more than stupid anonymous ones.
    We had an adventure linking forum threads to blog comments at WMExperts and it didn't go very well, so we had to drop it. I don't really like splitting conversation between two places up -- but if people are interested in starting up a thread about a PC piece I'm definitely not opposed, but I'm not going to be making a regular habit of it myself.