1.    #1  
    Welcome Children to TC.

< < edited by Dieter > > is popping up all over the place.

Grow up People!
    Just call me Berd.
    I'm trying to avoid outright bans or even infraction/warnings. I'm honestly not sure why passions are suddenly inflamed, but they are.

If you are one of the edited, understand that I do it without personal judgment -- writing and reading is actually very cognitively difficult when you start to factor in nuances of intention. So it's natural for things to go off keel a little bit on boards like this, just not fun and yes, sometimes we mods do have to steer a bit.

Big ups to the mod team, by the way, for helping with the threads that go awry. From where I'm looking, an even hand from them all.
  3.    #3  
    I guess I should have said I appreciate the < < edited by Dieter > >

My concern is with the angry expressions that bring about < < edited by Dieter > >

Maybe people feel betrayed by Palm
    (Not getting what they felt a Treo should be by now)
    But why take it out on TC members?
    Just call me Berd.
    Everytime I see the < < edited by Dieter > > , I have to resist the urge to search google's cache to find out what was really said, I hate that, LOL.

Just a thought, it might be more useful to issue some warnings, only because threads that started out as legitimate are being locked. And because the 800w forum is so contentious that *ANY* given thread, no matter how innocuous, can end up this way; it has less to do with the subject matter and more to do with the participants.

Just my two cents which is worth a lot less than that
    Quote Originally Posted by zbop View Post
    Just a thought, it might be more useful to issue some warnings, only because threads that started out as legitimate are being locked.
    We're doing both.