1.    #1  
    Update: Forum split complete! See this post for details

---

ANNOUNCEMENT: We will have some forum downtime on Saturday, November 15th. I don't know the exact time yet, unfortunately, but I expect it should only last about 2 hours. We are doing this to split off the WMExperts Forums.

This is a good news / bad news sort of situation. What we are doing is splitting off the WMExperts forums from TreoCentral and then redirecting both the CentroSpot forums (yes, they existed, who knew!) the the Smartphone Experts combined Forums back to TreoCentral. In other words, each forum will be completely separate, and the combined forums will go away.

I understand this will be a bummer for some people to not have our Windows Mobile and Treo forums combined, but it's become a very necessary thing to do. For one thing, though our excellent mod team has been able to keep things under wraps recently, the level of spam attacks we are getting is simply OFF THE CHARTS. The best way to combat these spammers is to A) have up to date versions of our forum software and B) be nimble in installing tools and tweaks to fight them. Neither is possible with our hacked-together combined forum setup.

We're also going to try to roll out some new forum features immediately after the split -- like Thanks/Kudos buttons and maybe some other features. Stay tuned for those.

In the meantime, what will happen is that all the forums you are currently able to see at discussion.treocentral.com WILL stay, including the Windows Mobile Treo forums. WMExperts will become a solely-Windows Mobile forum and have a single Treo Forum. Rather than port over every user from TreoCentral, we are only going to port over users who have made posts on WM-specific forums.

Feel free to post questions here, or email me directly dieter@smartphoneexperts.com
  2.    #2  
    Quick bump to put this in new posts in case anybody misses the announcement (which only shows in forum listings)
  3. dietertest2
    testing!
    I don't know how long this has been like this but when I log in to TreoCentral, it says my PM box is 100% full. I believe I have 46 messages total with ZERO allowed.

I think this may have had something to do with receiving spam via PM's but I'm not sure.

Is this a known issue?
    Global Posts
    89 Global Posts
    I have the same message, 7 out of 0 allowed. Also, I tried responding to a PM and got:

you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
    If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

And what happened to the avatars?
    Pushing the Boundaries of Disorganization
    I wonder if it has something to do with the forum split that is scheduled for today.
  7.    #7  
    Hi guys -

Thanks for the heads-up. I am going to look into this right now!
  8.    #8  
    It was indeed forum split related, I believe. You all should have a max inbox size of 200 messages now. Please ping me directly at dieter@smartphoneexperts.com and/or post here if your bugs continue.

9.    #9  
  10.    #10  
    Forum Split Completed!

There are likely some bugs to track down and it's also possible some threads may missing or hidden -- Specifically some threads started by or including posts from "WMExperts Articles" may not be currently visible. Rest assured -- I've deleted nothing and don't intend to. So if you can't find something, please email me directly: dieter@smartphoneexperts.com and I'll get it moved!

Meanwhile, use this thread (or again, email directly) to report any bugs. I've already nailed down two or three significant ones and I'm not aware of any that are left -- but there probably are.

If you're wondering -- we DO plan on purging a bunch of users at WMExperts Forums. Currently everybody who registered at TC before today is also registered there. Over the next week we'll be culling a ton of users (namely: all users who both didn't register at WME and who haven't posted in a WME-specific forum). If you have a specific concern about this, please email me directly.

short version: email me bugs or post about them here!
    Global Posts
    89 Global Posts
    I now have a max inbox size of 200 messages. And the PM glitch has been fixed. Strong work!

Is there a way to restore PMs I deleted trying to workaround the problem? If not, I'll live.
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by groupsix View Post
    I now have a max inbox size of 200 messages. And the PM glitch has been fixed. Strong work!

Is there a way to restore PMs I deleted trying to workaround the problem? If not, I'll live.
    OOOH. Not without a VERY large amount of work. If there's something hella-vital, email me directly.
    Global Posts
    89 Global Posts
    No, nothing that important, but thanks for offering.

Wish I'd gotten an answer like that from VZW after their crapola wireless sync deleted 750 contacts the other day.