1. dwg
    Global Posts
    145 Global Posts
    It would be great to see some tips from others who keep up with the forum. I currently employ a dumb brute force approach where I simply look for updated threads, take a stab at where I think I left off, re-read about 800 posts until I find my place... you get the picture.

I feel like I have done a fair job of keeping up but I'd be surprised if I see 50% of what is coming through.

Cheers to all who participate!
    Hit "New Posts"? at the top of the forum window?

Most new posts are about the 800w anyway.
    I also hit "new posts" and scroll through. It also helps if you get one of those new-fangled phones with internet access.....I'd suggest a Treo.
  4. dwg
    Global Posts
    145 Global Posts
    Just make sure that you "mark forums read" after you catch up....it'll save you having to sift through threads you ignored on prior visits.
    Everything's Amazing and Nobody's Happy

Treo600 --> Treo650-->PPC6700-->Treo700P-->Treo755P-->Treo800W --> Touch Pro-->Palm Pre --> EVO 4G
    RSS feed through Google Reader. It's partially broken though; I usually get double/triple posts of the same thing, but I just deal with it now since they won't fix it.
    Global Posts
    680 Global Posts
    I'd love an RSS feed for particular forums, too, like they have at PPCGeeks.
    Palm III -> Handspring Visor Deluxe -> Dell Axim X5 Advanced -> Dell Axim X3i -> Dell Axim X50v -> Cingular 8125 -> Sprint Palm Treo 700Wx -> ->Palm Treo 700P (my wife's but I played with it ) -> Sprint Mogul -> Treo 800w -> Touch Pro & Treo Pro.
    They have an RSS for each forum. Once in the forum just click the RSS button in your address bar (if you're using Firefox), and choose the 800 forum feed.
    Global Posts
    680 Global Posts
    I never noticed that! Thanks. Adding that subscription as we speak.
    Palm III -> Handspring Visor Deluxe -> Dell Axim X5 Advanced -> Dell Axim X3i -> Dell Axim X50v -> Cingular 8125 -> Sprint Palm Treo 700Wx -> ->Palm Treo 700P (my wife's but I played with it ) -> Sprint Mogul -> Treo 800w -> Touch Pro & Treo Pro.
    Global Posts
    111 Global Posts
    i set email alerts to once a day (in control panel), then subscribe to threads of interest. so at the end of the day, you get all the replies from each thread in one neat email.