Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Dieter,
    I did noticed that when I posted via the mobile site earlier today, it didn't automatically subcribe me to the thread they way the mobile site use to.
    Tks
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
  2. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    I liked it.
  3.    #23  
    It's definitely coming back -- just want to make sure it's feature complete and looks decent enough for the folks who don't like change. I also need to start testing it on Blazer more thoroughly because I can't remember what CSS is supported.

EVERYBODY: I hadn't realized the auto-subscribe thing TurboTiger mentions. Is this something that happened for everybody on the mobile site and, if so, do you want it to?
    I'm not sure if it's been fixed or not, but a longstanding issue for the mobile forum sites has been that although you get automatically subscribed upon posting, the instant e-mail notification option does not work unless you go to the full site control panel and turn it on for each newly-subscribed thread. This is true even if you have your profile set to do it by default.

It's never been fixed, to my knowledge. I don't know if it is due to the site, itself, or the web browser (PIE in my case).
    Last edited by Insp_Gadget; 06/21/2008 at 10:08 AM.
    Dieter,

I missed seeing the new mobile forum template when you had it turned on at various points so I'll have to wait until you turn it back on again to comment on it.

For me personally, the main thing that I would like to see improved regarding the mobile forums would be visibility to what discussion a post was made when viewing the "New Posts" list.

The main thing that I use the mobile forum's for is catching up on the latest posts when I have a couple minutes (standing in line, riding in a cab, etc.) So I use the "New Posts" link quite often. Without the ability to specify that I only want to see "new posts" related to Palm OS software and related hardware (not Windows Mobile) - I would really appreciate being able to see what forum a post is in without having to drill into it first to find out.

I realize that this is probably not the type of feedback you were looking for but I thought I would throw it in here anyway.
  6.    #26  
    Alright, I've moved the development over to http://mobile.discussion.wmexperts.com since there's less traffic there.

Subscriptions: auto-subscribe should work now EDIT - it does appear that auto-subscribe works but that it doesn't accept the default of instant email if that's how you have it set. I'm not sure how this gets coded, but am looking into it. I may not be able to fix this (and vBulletin may consider it a "feature, not a bug" for this sort of thing...)

I've adjusted the layout for thread and search listing a bit. One of the features of this skin is that it turns images into links to the image -- so there are NO graphics unless you want them. makes it very fast and I intend to keep that feature on. What that means though is that I can't have the little graphical indicators for new post and whatnot. Adjusted with text links instead. I also added the parent forum name to search listings and new posts so you know where they came from (that's for you, scheumanrj!).

The look and feel still needs some tweaking. I haven't done much work yet in the thread view yet, so that's a little wonky. I think the thread list and search list views are pretty good right now, though...

Dear Blazer: I hate you and I can't believe you don't even support ITALIC text!).

**Specific** requests for look and feel are HIGHLY appreciated, as are other "non-related" feature requests, though I can't guarantee I'll be able to hit all of them.

...I'll leave it as is for now so people can poke around. Meanwhile it's time I got a bike ride in.

- Dieter
    Last edited by Dieter Bohn; 06/17/2008 at 04:19 PM.
    i'm not seeing how to access the new layout from my phone. it still automatically goes to the old layout.
    What can I say? A girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do!
    Nokia 3360 -> Sony Ericsson t226 -> Sony Ericsson z500 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 680 -> AT&T Centro
    it'd be nice if this thread/forum was available from the other site
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    Dieter,

"go to newest" only takes you to the 1st post of the last page - have to scroll down to get to the newest post.

This also happened with the previous set up but I was able to get around it by first clicking on the "check" mark on the thread page and then clicking on "view first unread" Or just clicking on "view first unread" twice.

Can't do this any more because there is no "check" mark and once you click on "go to newest" I don't have the option of clicking on anything else to get to the first unread post.

TIA
    Last edited by TurboTiger; 06/18/2008 at 01:51 PM.
    iPhone 4S
    Cigar Lover
  10.    #30  
    Quote Originally Posted by TurboTiger View Post
    Deiter,

"go to newest" only takes you to the 1st post of the last page - have to scroll down to get to the newest post.

This also happened with the previous set up but I was able to get around it by first clicking on the "check" mark on the thread page and then clicking on "view first unread" Or just clicking on "view first unread" twice.

Can't do this any more because there is no "check" mark and once you click on "go to newest" I don't have the option of clicking on anything else to get to the first unread post.

TIA
    This looks like a limitation of blazer. Instead of "the checkmark / down arrow" I've put in "newest post". For some users (I believe PIE included, have to check), this will go directly to the post. For blazer, it iwll take you to the last page. I've added the secondary 'newest post' on the thread view.
  11.    #31  
    testing subscription on post.
  12.    #32  
    Posting replies in mobile forum now sets your default subscription preference -- including instant notifications!
  13.    #33  
    Alright. Bugs appear to be fixed except for one minor one with the breadcrumbs (that we acutally also suffer from now). Look and feel is very close to the original on blazer with a few minor tweaks that I consider improvements.

Last call -- will probably make this live throughout the network tomorrow.

check it here: http://mobile.discussion.wmexperts.com
    Quote Originally Posted by Dieter Bohn View Post
    Posting replies in mobile forum now sets your default subscription preference -- including instant notifications!
    Wonderful!!
    --Inspector Gadget

"Go Go Gadget Pre!!"
    Palm Pre on Sprint

Palm V--> Palm IIIc--> Visor Prism--> Visor Phone--> Treo 270--> Treo 600--> Treo 650-->
    Treo 700wx--> HTC Touch Diamond--> Palm Pre & HTC EVO 4G.
    I've added the secondary 'newest post' on the thread view.
    Tks Dieter
    iPhone 4S
    Cigar Lover
    iPhone 4S
    Cigar Lover
    ... I also added the parent forum name to search listings and new posts so you know where they came from (that's for you, scheumanrj!).
    Thanks Dieter

Also, I like the way the new format / layout looks.
    Oh my lord

Dieter flipped the switch and it's baaaaaaaaack

I'm going to throw up now.......

no cheers
  19.    #39  
    yes we are live -

Treotraveler, can you tell me *specifically* what is bothering you about the template? Also curious -- which browser are you using?
    Last edited by Dieter Bohn; 06/20/2008 at 04:15 PM.
  20.    #40  
    Just added: the [!!] after a post to report posts via mobile!
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast