1.    #1  
    Has the traffic decreased to the Treo Central Web Site decreased over the past year? I still travel daily to the Web site hoping for some good news(very little good news by the way) There was a flurry of activity when we finally got the upgrade to the 700p and the release of the 755 and Centro. Maybe the heyday will start again. Palm has neglected it's followers I think for the most part. The Touch Two will be released soon with a slide down keyboard; maybe Palm should make several handsets; Last year they gave us the 755p and the centro both with old operating systems. They need to release some tidbits; as I see it on the forums Palm has lossed many of its' fans
    Quote Originally Posted by morningstar1844 View Post
    Has the traffic decreased to the Treo Central Web Site decreased over the past year?
    Gee, if there was only some way web site stats could be measured...

Indeed TC traffic has decreased, which is not too surpising. Centro users are mostly non-power users, so forum/website use for them will be lower (in fact, out of my 11 friends/co-workers who have one, I don't think any visit any website dedicated to it as they just use the phone).

Crackberry.com (sister site of TC) is doing gangbusters though and recently WMExperts (other sister site) has passed pocketpcthoughts, mobility today & pocketnow. So as Garnet winds down this is expected (who is actively buying Palm OS Treos these days?).

But I bet with the 800w release, we'll see another spike in traffic. Same with Nova.

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    Global Posts
    760 Global Posts
    While vists to TC have decreased, this give the appearnce of less traffic, but it is just more spread out across the site. As Mal said Centro users don't tend to visit the Centro site and the 500 is only overseas.

Also being that there really hasn't been truly new model released in almost in almost 2 years most people have done everything that they can do with their Palm. Same problems, same flaws as 2 years ago.

There just isn't much to talk about except speculating when the 800 is coming out and its specs. I think this subject has been pretty much beat to death as we have been doing this for close to a year. If I remember correctly the 800 was on VZW road map for 08/07 release.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by Jas O View Post
    While vists to TC have decreased, this give the appearnce of less traffic, but it is just more spread out across the site. As Mal said Centro users don't tend to visit the Centro site and the 500 is only overseas.

Also being that there really hasn't been truly new model released in almost in almost 2 years most people have done everything that they can do with their Palm. Same problems, same flaws as 2 years ago.

There just isn't much to talk about except speculating when the 800 is coming out and its specs. I think this subject has been pretty much beat to death as we have been doing this for close to a year. If I remember correctly the 800 was on VZW road map for 08/07 release.

Thanks for the comments guys!
    Honestly, it comes & goes...before you know it, this forum will get it big hit again. Everyone comes back, its like an ex-girlfriend.
    "A man who drinks only water, has something to hide to his fellow man."

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
    Global Posts
    938 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post
    Gee, if there was only some way web site stats could be measured...
    Useful site, didn't know you could do that
    It's not that I'm so smart, it's just that I stay with problems longer- Albert Einstein.

Palm M505> Palm Tungsten E> Treo 600> Treo 650> Treo 680> Sony Ericsson P1i (running Styletap BETA)> iPhone 3G 16GB

Macbook Pro 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hicks View Post
    Useful site, didn't know you could do that
    Take Alexa rankings with a grain of salt, basically it's measuring reach to users of the Alexa toolbar. Last I looked, it didn't work on Mac or Linux, mobile or alternative browsers, firefox (looks like they have a plugin now though), or IE6 XPSP2 for that matter (they probably fixed that too), and a lot of adware programs would delete it once it _did_ install. Hence there are underrepresented classes.

I say this because my home page, which _no one else_ visits (not very useful to anyone but me, though it is set as my IE start page =) was always in the top 100k (often <50k) of pages while I had the toolbar installed. Now I'm almost 27m, since I upgraded to SP2 and the toolbar quit working.

Anyway, the data look nice, but just keep in mind it's more of a vague estimate than anything solid. Maybe us Treo users are just hitting the site more now with Blazer/Xiino/Universe while on the move rather than wait for a Windows PC to get a network connection and/or recover from a blue screen...

Slightly more on topic, my site hits have gone down because Google Reader mobile tells me when there are new posts of interest, so I don't have to keep typing 'treocentral.com' into the address bar. =)