1.    #1  
    Scott Bakula! Doesn't Smoke Crackula!

(coming in a minute)
    Global Posts
    243 Global Posts
    I tried to download it but the download hangs at 1% - tried on a couple different devices and computers? Is it just me?

iPhone 3G ..:.. Jailbroken 16GB Black
    AT&T 8925 Tilt ..:.. WM 6.1 ..:.. SIM/CID unlocked
    BlackBerry 8830 ..:.. Work phone
  3.    #4  
    itunes may have grabbed it before it was finished uploading? does it work now?
    Global Posts
    243 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dieter Bohn View Post
    itunes may have grabbed it before it was finished uploading? does it work now?
    I tried a third different internet connection and got it downloaded. Thanks.

iPhone 3G ..:.. Jailbroken 16GB Black
    AT&T 8925 Tilt ..:.. WM 6.1 ..:.. SIM/CID unlocked
    BlackBerry 8830 ..:.. Work phone
    I want to thank Dieter & Mike for responding to my letter about the Access Linux Platform (ALP). I'll admit, I'm definitely not as connected in the Treo/Centro world as you guys are. However, I still would like to make a couple of points.

First, the video that I saw of the ALP is real. Here is the website where you can see it (http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...4989142&hl=en). As you can tell from the video, it's not a cartoon but a real live working OS. And it's on a phone.

I've got a friend of mine who's a tech guru from a small company. He's claimed to of actually played with it on a phone. He says it works great, with the exception of if you have a long "To Do" list. For some reason, the phone freezes up if you have a long "To Do" list (I'm sure they'll fix this sometime in the future).

Carriers may not put this on a phone at first, but if people have the ability to replace their Palm OS or Windows Mobile OS with ALP. I know that I may consider replacing my Palm OS on my Centro with ALP if ALP was a viable choice and easy to replace.

And last, Access can't be in that much of a horrible standing with Palm. I mean every time my phone has to reboot, my Centro Phone says "Powered by Access". So they may have had a falling out in the past, but it certainly hasn't hurt their present relationship with Centro.

Just my thoughts. I'd love to see what others thought. Enjoy the podcast very much.
    ALP was ready in 2006. But Palm decided to go it alone and take 18 months to develop their "own linux" that turned into the falied Foleo. (mid 2007) So Access which just paid hundreds of millions to buy palm OS in order to integrate it into their preexisting linux OS was left without a buyer. Why did Palm do this? Only their exec knows. Hubris perhaps.
    \
    So ALP decided to sell their new Palm compatible Linux OS to everyone else.
    First Amazon bought their browser for the Kindle.
    Then an Israeli mobile firm licensed ALP.
    This year Orange jumped on board to release ALP on the Samsung i800, and NTT decided to commit to using ALP as their next gen OS.
    \
    So really there are only 3 viable non-microsoft systems in the smartphone market.
    Blackberry - for business users
    iPhone - for recreational users
    ALP - for Linux techies
    I enjoyed the podcast. Some notes:

Sprint's all-in-one plan, whatever they call it, doesn't include the tethering/dun'g plan.
    Also, that $100 is for every line - no family plan discount.

Just worth noting.
    * Stuck patches? Partial erase worked for me.
    * Stuck virtual keyboard? Partial erase AND folder deletion worked for me.