Global Posts
    89 Global Posts
    My signature used to be smaller, a different font and a different color. I went in and changed the font and saved it, but it shows as it does now, which does not reflect he changes I made. The size should be the smallest, the font "fixedsys", and the color "silver".

(I tried pasting the exact syntax of the change & preview result from the "Post New Thread" box here, so members reading this post could see exactly what I am talking about, but the syntax lines will not "post".)

I change it back to my preference and save it, but it previews as, and posts as it does here-Arial, size 3, black. What is the problem?
    Pushing the Boundaries of Disorganization
    You should enclose your text within the start and ending of the formatting code.

You had your signature set up like so:
    Pushing the Boundries of Disorganization[COLOR="Silver" ][FONT="Fixedsys"][SIZE="1"][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR]

I corrected it to the correct format as follows:
    [COLOR="Silver"][FONT="Fixedsys"][SIZE="1"]Pushing the Boundries of Disorganization[/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR]

I added the noparse VBVBVB $code$ $for$ $you$ $to$ $see$ $the$ $formatting$ $as$ $per$ $MarkEagle$'$s$ $post$ $below$ ($sans$ $the$ $space$ $I$ $have$ $added$ $before$).
    Last edited by ronbo2000; 01/17/2008 at 08:26 PM.
    I think ron's right - signature seems to be working for me...
    Global Posts
    89 Global Posts
    Thanks ron, I appreciate your trying to explain the formatting to me, I cant tell where you added a space on after the "[" character. No matter. Anyway, the formatting wasnt my doing, the signature was automatically formatted when I chose with the font, size and text color when I edited it.

Just curious-why does the formatting syntax not show if it's added to a post as I tried to do originally?

(I tried pasting the exact syntax of the change & preview result from the "Post New Thread" box here, so members reading this post could see exactly what I am talking about, but the syntax lines will not "post".)

The "Multi-Quote" option-when clicked, the backround color just turns from blue to orange-nothing else happens. Am I missing something?

Thanks!
    Pushing the Boundaries of Disorganization
    Quote Originally Posted by groupsix
    The "Multi-Quote" option-when clicked, the backround color just turns from blue to orange-nothing else happens. Am I missing something?
    The Multi-Quote button simply "selects" the posts to quote. You then click the Quote button to post a reply thread containing the selected multi's.
    MarkEagle
    .....<a href="http://discussion.treocentral.com/tcforum/index.php?s=">TreoCentral</a> | <a href="http://discussion.visorcentral.com/vcforum/index.php?s=">VisorCentral</a> Forum Moderator - Forum Guidelines
    .....Sprint PCS Treo 650
    .....God bless America, my home sweet home...
    Quote Originally Posted by groupsix View Post
    Just curious-why does the formatting syntax not show if it's added to a post as I tried to do originally?
    Because it's interpreted as formatting!

This is a test
    This is only a test
    If this had been an actual message
    It would have said something

There's a [ noparse ] vbCode flag that can be used to allow the formatting tags to be seen.

[B]This is a test[/B]
    [I]This is only a test[/I]
    [FONT="Fixedsys"]If this had been an actual message[/FONT]
    [COLOR="Red"]It would have said something[/COLOR]
    MarkEagle
    .....<a href="http://discussion.treocentral.com/tcforum/index.php?s=">TreoCentral</a> | <a href="http://discussion.visorcentral.com/vcforum/index.php?s=">VisorCentral</a> Forum Moderator - Forum Guidelines
    .....Sprint PCS Treo 650
    .....God bless America, my home sweet home...