1.    #1  
    I just want to ask that the Treocentral writers to PLEASE stop using that, "Palm's special sauce", phrase.

Everytime I read it, I think of something disgusting.... Ed Colligan gave her a taste of Palm's special sauce and she licked it up greedily.... Little did the McDonald's customer realize that the disgruntled employee was about to add his own special sauce to the fries.... remember Something About Mary when Ben Stiller add to the special sauce to Mary's hair gel?

I'm not even kidding. How many times have you heard that phrase used in such context? YUCK! Please cut it out with that phrase. My stomach turns everytime.

Thank you in advance
    ROOTING for WebOS makes me more sympathetic to Cubs fans.
    Last edited by gksmithlcw; 11/07/2007 at 12:40 PM. Reason: Courtesy...
    Grant Smith
    A+, Net+, MCPx2, BSIT/VC, MIS

eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

DISCLAIMER: The views, conclusions, findings and opinions of this author are those of this author and do not necessarily reflect the views of eNVENT Technologies.
    Global Posts
    919 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gksmithlcw View Post
    I don't care what you say SPRINT kicks
    Treo650/Treo700p/Treo700wx/Treo755/HTC Touch/ Treo Pro/ Touch Pro/ Touch Diamond / Palm Pre / HTC EVO Shift / Nexus S 4G
    My Themes - Prethemer
    ----
    You remind me about the 1src editorial about Palm's tossed salad....

http://www.1src.com/forums/showthread.php?t=133639

Surur
    Dude you know you are just doing your part to popularize it right?
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob-C View Post
    I just want to ask that the Treocentral writers to PLEASE stop using that, "Palm's special sauce", phrase.

Everytime I read it, I think of something disgusting.... Ed Colligan gave her a taste of Palm's special sauce and she licked it up greedily.... Little did the McDonald's customer realize that the disgruntled employee was about to add his own special sauce to the fries.... remember Something About Mary when Ben Stiller add to the special sauce to Mary's hair gel?

I'm not even kidding. How many times have you heard that phrase used in such context? YUCK! Please cut it out with that phrase. My stomach turns everytime.

Thank you in advance

...says the guy with a beavis icon? I see a bit of a contradiction here. (I assume you've watched 'Beavis and Butthead')
    Global Posts
    790 Global Posts
    So, let's get this straight...

Just because YOU have a dirty, disgusting mind....you expect the writers on this website to not use a phrase just because you can't control yourself...

*dr evil* "How 'bout, 'NO!' You crazy, dutch *******!"
    Two all beef patties, special sauce, lettuce, cheese, pickles, onions on a sesame seed bun.

One of the most successful advertising campaigns of all time.

-
    Kyocera 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 600 > Treo 650. All Verizon. Sprint Treo 755p, HTC Mogul & Centro
    Unlocked Treo 680 for trips outside Sprint's areas
    Global Posts
    788 Global Posts
    go make your own sauce
    M505 -> M515 -> Kyo6035 -> Kyo 7135 -> Treo 600 ->Treo 650 -> Treo 700P -> Treo 700 WX -> Samsung Saga VZW
    What do you call a guy with no arms, no legs, floats in a lake, and is a SpecialSauceophobic?

Bob
    I find it sad/odd that people ask to be thanked. How genuine is it when you have to ask? It's like forcing your kid to call Grandma, to thank her for the new underwear she sent for their birthday.

"To me, clowns aren't funny. In fact, they're kind of scary. I've wondered where this started and I think it goes back to the time I went to the circus, and a clown killed my dad.
    -Jack Handy, SNL-

I suppose I'm the most guilty party here. It's not an ideal term, I guess, but I can't think of a better one.

"Palm's customizations that make mobile GUIs suck just a little less than they otherwise would" just doesn't roll of the tongue as well as "special sauce," ya know?

People making connections between "special sauce" and "tongue" in the above paragraph will be shot.
  13.    #13  
    Remember when Beavis & ****-head were working at Burger World? They put their own "special sauce" on the curly fries. I keep thinking of that whenever I hear "special sauce".

My point is that the writers are assuming that special sauce is a positive description. One should keep in mind that the phrase can just as easily be interpretted in a negative manner. How about these:

Palm's special sauce, consisting of cheaping out on memory, made the Treo 700w the most unstable Windows Mobile phone on the market.

Once again Palm's special sauce turned the most basic cellphone feature of SMS into a one year nightmare for Verizon 700p owners. The special sauce caused the Treo to be the only phone in existance to freeze up from SMS messages - constantly.

Palm's 700p MR bricked my phone. Do they have to spray their special sauce on everything?!? Even my dog waits until we get outside.

MP3 player + special sauce = Music skipping

Reliable Bluetooth headset + special sauce = ???

I could go on but I just wanted to give a taste of MY special sauce. Anybody want more?

BTW - I love the other bit mentioned above about Palm's "tossed salad". Thx for that one.
    << Quote:
    Two all beef patties, special sauce, lettuce, cheese, pickles, onions on a sesame seed bun.

One of the most successful advertising campaigns of all time.>>

When that slogan first came out, I won some McD's gift certificates for being able to say it all in 4 seconds or less on a radio contest.
    "Everybody Palm!"

Palm III/IIIC, Palm Vx, Verizon: Treo 650, Centro, Pre+.
    Leo killed my future Pre 3 & Opal, dagnabitt!
    Should I buy a Handspring Visor instead?
    Got a Pre2! "It eats iPhones for Breakfast"!
    Quote Originally Posted by duanedude1 View Post
    << Quote:

One of the most successful advertising campaigns of all time.>>

When that slogan first came out, I won some McD's gift certificates for being able to say it all in 4 seconds or less on a radio contest.
    This one time, when I was 8, I was walking to school, and I found a quarter!!!
    I find it sad/odd that people ask to be thanked. How genuine is it when you have to ask? It's like forcing your kid to call Grandma, to thank her for the new underwear she sent for their birthday.

"To me, clowns aren't funny. In fact, they're kind of scary. I've wondered where this started and I think it goes back to the time I went to the circus, and a clown killed my dad.
    -Jack Handy, SNL-

Oh yeah? Well, this other time, in band camp......
  17.    #17  
    That was the quarter I lost way back when! GIVE IT BACK OR EAT MY SPECIAL SAUCE!!!!
    So this thread has gone off the rails. Take a listen to the TreoCast - we're trying not to use the phrase anymore.