Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I just discovered the treo.treo mobile version of the forum today. Very cool!
    I was trying to post a reply, and it asked me to log in, I put in all the info, and hit the log in button, and it didn't take.
    I tried it repeatedly, it finally logged me in, so I started typing a reponce, and right about when I was done, it kicked me out, and went to the log in page again.
    Am I doing something wrong? Or is this a problem?

I'm using a treo 680, running Blazer.
    Last edited by ILBandit; 04/03/2007 at 10:33 PM. Reason: adding info
    I am using the lightweight forums now. Are you using treo.discussion.treocentral.com? If so it should stick. I have done this with Palm and Windows Treos.
    I'm having the same problem using the discussion boards at treo.treocentral.com. I've tried an 8125, an 8525, a Treo 700w, a Treo 750 and even an HP 6515. I'm having the same problem on all of them. If I log in it will tell me that I've logged in successfully, but it doesn't. It returns me back to an un-logged in state.

Any ideas?
    ---
    iPhone / Samsung Epix

Current playtoys:
    Also: Treo 750 (Test phone) / Sony Ericcson w900 (unlocked for international travel)
  4.    #4  
    Same here still,,, I sat down and tried about 20 times last night to get logged in, so I could post, it still won't let me.
    Like you said, it just returns me to the log in page every time.
    I am putting in the correct info for log in, because I tried to purposely put in the wrong password, to see what it did, it gave me the error about the password.
    But for regular logging in, it just always returns me to the original page I started on.
    Global Posts
    392 Global Posts
    Yup , same problem.
    Hm. Seems to be working for me - but I'll take a look again on a few devices.

one note that is that we used to use treo.discuss.treocentral.com - but that should be gone now - be sure you use treo.discussion.treocentral.com for the mobile page.
    That's the address I'm using. (Although I do usually link to it from the treo.treocentral.com web-site, I just tried to manually enter it to make sure I was in the right place.)

Exactly the same behavior.

I tried on the Treo 750 this morning.
    ---
    iPhone / Samsung Epix

Current playtoys:
    Also: Treo 750 (Test phone) / Sony Ericcson w900 (unlocked for international travel)
    boo-urns. just tried it again on an MDA using PIE and a blackjack using Opera - both with and without cookies and both seemed to work fine. I guess the standard browser questions have to apply:

1) have you tried clearing your cache
    2) is your browser set to allow cookies
    3) are you coming to the site through a proxy of some kind?
    4) have you changed any weird settings on your browser that might cause it to not properly refresh/check pages you've already been to?
    5) do you hate when people ask you questions like these because you've already checked all of that?

I guess the first thing I'd try is deleting caches and histories on your browser and then soft resetting, just to be safe.
    I am having the same problem, have had it ever since I got my 680 (months).
    Quote Originally Posted by septimus View Post
    boo-urns. just tried it again on an MDA using PIE and a blackjack using Opera - both with and without cookies and both seemed to work fine. I guess the standard browser questions have to apply:

4) have you changed any weird settings on your browser that might cause it to not properly refresh/check pages you've already been to?
    5) do you hate when people ask you questions like these because you've already checked all of that?

I guess the first thing I'd try is deleting caches and histories on your browser and then soft resetting, just to be safe.
    I have tried all of those things, also did hard reset, then manually input http://treo.treocentral.com into blazer and select forums, or go directly there with treo.discussion.treocentral.com and even though I can read the forums, I cannot log in no matter what.
    I'm posting from my treo via treo.treocentral.com. I have a 700P using blazer. No trouble here.
    I have a sinking feeling. Could this be a GSM vs. CDMA thing? perhaps a carrier thing?

( Cellmatrix, your new avatar is giving me the shivers )
    I have a sinking feeling. Could this be a GSM vs. CDMA thing? perhaps a carrier thing?

( Cellmatrix, your new avatar is giving me the shivers )

I think its specifically a GSM/Cingular treo 680 problem

I will change my avatar if you promise to fix it.
  14.    #14  

Just tried all of these also, After putting in the required info into the fields, I click "log in", it goes to the page that says "thank you for logging in ILBandit, you are being re-directed", it stays there for a couple seconds,then it just goes right back the the log in page, with all the fields empty again.

Don't get me wrong, I love being able to access the forum on my treo, I do it all the time. it would just be nice to be able to post.
    I tried all of the above steps and am still having the same issue.

Most of my past posts have been FROM my mobile device. Now I feel like the silent person in the woods that doesn't hear the tree fall. :-(
    ---
    iPhone / Samsung Epix

Current playtoys:
    On the 750 it's the hard coded Cingular proxy that causes it which can be disabled in the registry..perhaps a similar issue on the 680 (is the "Use Carrier Proxy" checkbox checked in Blazer's advanced settings?
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    Ok .. but that doesn't explain the same issue happening on my other devices. 8525, 6515 and the 8125.
    ---
    iPhone / Samsung Epix

Current playtoys:
    Septimus did you drop the ball here?
    I can't login either...
    I can
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast