Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I am not sure what happened -- but my TC discussion page on my home PC is somehow corrupted:

I now have a right to left scroll bar on the bottom of the page. . . .
    The left hand side of the display is the TC main page header with vertical grey pinstriping below it forever.
    The right hand side (which is off screen) is the TC dscussion page. . . . . . . after every navigation click -- I have to re-scroll to the right hand side of the dispaly to see the discussion page.

I have deleted cookies and all temp Internet files. I have rebooted.

This is the only page/site of all the sites that I visit that is acting this way.

Suggestions appreciated!!!
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by gtwo; 02/25/2007 at 04:35 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry Holden View Post
    Suggestions appreciated!!!
    Put down the mouse and step away from the computer!!!

Everything appears fine for me so my guess is it's something on your end. Have you tried logging out of the site and then logging back in?
    MarkEagle
    .....<a href="http://discussion.treocentral.com/tcforum/index.php?s=">TreoCentral</a> | <a href="http://discussion.visorcentral.com/vcforum/index.php?s=">VisorCentral</a> Forum Moderator - Forum Guidelines
    .....Sprint PCS Treo 650
    .....God bless America, my home sweet home...
  3.    #3  
    Thanks Mark, but that was a no go, still the same situation.

TC Main page displays fine -- just the discussion pages have this main page hangover on the left -- pushing the discussion "page" off screen to the right. . . . .
    Perry,

You visit other sites?

FWIW, mine displays fine (yesterday evening, haven't checked today).
  5.    #5  
    All other sites and pages display fine . . . . just TC discussion has this glitch. . . . started yesterday . . . .
    Is this a new model PC? If so, how did you transfer the data/apps from the old PC to the new PC? You may have to perform a clean install. You can search this site for instructions on how to do this.
    Sorry, couldn't resist!
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by sblanter View Post
    Sorry, couldn't resist!

LOL, got me. (Except I provide a link!)
    If you're using a favorite to get to the site, try getting to it by typing in the url directly.
  10.    #10  
    If you're using a favorite to get to the site, try getting to it by typing in the url directly.
    Yup, tried that one, it's a no go.

However, what is interesting is a "favorite" I saved awhile ago to a specific post on a good chess game still displays correctly . . .. .
    Are you sure that's not a page you have saved to the hard drive? If it's a live page, examine the differences in the url's.
  12.    #12  
    Good thought.

I opened it . . . . it displayed correctly . . . then I changed the post count it was pointing to by one and hit go . . . . . that page displayed correctly . . . so it is not just that it might be saved to my hard drive. . . . .

If I edit that url that is displaying correctly -- down to just http://discussion.treocentral.com I get the glitch again. . . .
    Then it sounds like it might be a url problem. Check for differences between urls that render well vs those that don't.
  14.    #14  
    Whoops. Didn't see the last part of your previous post. Never mind that url bit. Maybe check you're user CP? Or your IE refresh settings? I'm running out of suggestions. Sounds like you may be in store, after all, for a clean install!
  16.    #16  
    Then it sounds like it might be a url problem. Check for differences between urls that render well vs those that don't.

. . . .there is only one url that does not display correctly . . . . .

http://discussion.treocentral.com and anything with verbage beyond that

except, as I noted. . . the one saved favorite that was a single TC post. . .

maddening . . .
  17.    #17  
    Whoops. Didn't see the last part of your previous post. Never mind that url bit. Maybe check you're user CP? Or your IE refresh settings? I'm running out of suggestions. Sounds like you may be in store, after all, for a clean install!
    LOL

I would rather drink acid than do a clean install on my PC.

I do those once every 3 years -- when I buy a new one!

I can live with the issue if that be the answer. . . . .
  18.    #18  
    A screen print . . . .
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Perry, when did this start? I'm going to have to check this out when I get to a laptop or desktop to see if it is now screwed up for me, too. Admins/Mods?!?
  20.    #20  
    Apparently, it is on my end . . . I'm special.
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast