Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Hey Perry:

Why is my ULR different from yours?

No WWW, DEV instead?

http://dev.discussion.treocentral.co...31#post1206931

Try dev.discussion yada yada yada...
  2.    #22  
    Darn . . . . tried the dev.xxx and still the same issue. . . .

Thanks!
    I've seen this too in some threads...if I recall it had something to do with quoted messages or text replies that didn't wrap properly or something... there was an old thread on this a while back...
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    I think that dev. thing was temp thing from a few wks back when TC was shuffling things around. it was only necessary to use for a few days, if I recall...
  5.    #25  
    I would think that at least the pin stripes could be pink, although the grey does provide a nice contrast for the PPR.
    Quit using IE
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
  7.    #27  
    And to think I was going to PM you for some actual help!
    I tried both IE and FireFox, they both display pages normally.
  9.    #29  
    Thanks Ronbo!

It is obviously something on my end. . . . . but why just TC Discussion pages and no other sites or even pages on TC?

What is interesting . . . if I go View>Encoding>Right to Left Document . . . I can shift the TC discussion portion to the "middle" with a blank grey space on the "left" and the pin stripes to the right. . ..
    Perry,
    Have you considered installing another browser? (IE: if you are using IE, install firefox.) Then see if you have the same problem in the different browser. (I doubt you will.) Next, try to set IE back to default settings, clear cache, etc. If that does not clear things up, uninstall and reinstall IR, Hopefully that will clear everything uo for you.

best of luc, It's not a nice problem you are in, and I hope it goes away soon!
    --
    Bob
    I'm both super! ... and a doer!
    Insertion, it is still 2007.
    Well, Perry, on a laptop now, viewing full-blown TC. When I go to the url that you identified as screwy, it show up fine for me. You really are special!
  13.    #33  
    Quote Originally Posted by bclancy View Post
    Perry,
    Have you considered installing another browser? (IE: if you are using IE, install firefox.) Then see if you have the same problem in the different browser. (I doubt you will.) Next, try to set IE back to default settings, clear cache, etc. If that does not clear things up, uninstall and reinstall IR, Hopefully that will clear everything uo for you.

best of luc, It's not a nice problem you are in, and I hope it goes away soon!
    --
    Bob

Thanks sblanter, Bob, Insertion and All!

FireFox has fixed the issue. (And IE still has it. At the moment, I am not going to do a uninstall and reinstall of IE, I will just use FireFox.)

Thanks, again.
    Last edited by gtwo; 02/26/2007 at 03:40 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry Holden View Post
    Thanks sblanter, Bob, Insertion and All!

FireFox has fixed the issue. (And IE still has it. At the moment, I am not going to do a uninstall and reinstall of IE, I will just use FireFox.)

Thanks, again.
    I didn't see it mentioned, are you using IE6 or IE7?

You could try the move to IE7, if you haven't as yet, to avoid the complete uninstall, perhaps?
  15.    #35  
    Quote Originally Posted by Big_OTR_Fan View Post
    I didn't see it mentioned, are you using IE6 or IE7?

You could try the move to IE7, if you haven't as yet, to avoid the complete uninstall, perhaps?
    Hey Big_OTR_Fan !

Good thought, I will check when I get home this evening. I recall recently allowing an update to IE within the last month --- about 3 weeks prior to the start of this issue. If I do have 7, maybe I should go back to 6!! LOL

Again -- it is very very strange that the issue is only with TC discussion pages (no other sites or TC pages) and that a previously saved bookmark to a specific TC post displays correctly, as well. Bizarre.

Cheers, Perry.
    wacky wacky WACKY!

How about this, Perry, does Firefox give you that other weird "we're going to send you to SmartPhoneExperts.com" error?
  17.    #37  
    Nope!

They are separate issues on different PCs . . . .

Cheers, Perry.
    Last edited by gtwo; 03/01/2007 at 06:37 PM.
    Global Posts
    149 Global Posts
    Lately when I try browsing treocentral from my laptop, the site does not appear correctly in my browser. The top frame (ie banner) is at the far left while the content frame is to the far right. Does anyone know what may be causing this? Thanks
    Hey neighbor! Beautiful weather today, huh?

I'm wondering why some threads are optimized on my laptop and some are stretched out so that I'm forced to scroll back and forth to read the posts?
    Wonder if this is the same kind of problem that Perry was having a few weeks back.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast