Global Posts
    907 Global Posts
    For the longest time, I remember there was a record set sometime last year for the number of users on TC at any given time that didn't budge. Now I notice the record gets broken every few days, including today. TC must be doing something right.
    I didn't know that but it doesn't surprise me at all. I think it's because the Treos are the cutting edge of the direction the entire industry is headed, and the creators of TreoCentral have put their heart into making the board a comfortable and informative place to be.
    Yes although I miss the knowledge and SOME of the banter that the "old school" posters brought, I tend not to miss just about every knoledgeable post turning into some sort of off topic rant. I certainly dont miss the 100 post count threads that were mostly fluff to search for the nugget in them.

Kudos to the mods and the people in charge of the boards for brining order to that chaos.
    ONE can be spelled as NEO.
    There is no spoon.
    Good work, Septimus and crew. There were some rocky moments last year but TC is definitely the place for me. I just spent some money at the TC store as a thank you.
    *sniffle*

It's not been me much lately, actually, all credit goes to our mods!

EDIT: DOH!!!

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...68#post1189268

I changed the timeout due to some user requests, hence it's showing a larger number of guests over time.

I still think our mods are awesome, though.
    Last edited by Dieter Bohn; 02/13/2007 at 02:04 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hdhntr23 View Post
    Yes although I miss the knowledge and SOME of the banter that the "old school" posters brought, I tend not to miss just about every knoledgeable post turning into some sort of off topic rant. I certainly dont miss the 100 post count threads that were mostly fluff to search for the nugget in them.

Kudos to the mods and the people in charge of the boards for brining order to that chaos.

Hi Hdhntr23, Tastypeppers, and Septimus . . .

I agree with what H has said . . . . the RESULT does shine brightly here . . . H has hit it right on the head . . . . . . but I must chime in and say that I feel alot of good people were driven away in the process.

Septimus and I disagree on this point ---- I felt the PROCESS WAS FLAWED -- and rather than enlisting the "old schoolers" help in the process of change -- it seemed that it was decided one day "to shoot anything that moved" and "to h*ll with how anyone feels about it." My feelings on this will not change and I am sure that Septimus still feels the way he did about the moderators performance. So we will live on in our disagreement. (I do feel the moderators do a wonderful and thankless job -- and my issue is not with individual moderators, I admire their work -- but with how management chose to implement the process of change.)

Maybe behind the scenes assistance was requested and was ignored . . . . I do not know . . . .

I came back after 6 months because I enjoy helping people --- but Tasty, your comment just openned up some old wounds for me (not that it was your intention to do so and you do not need to feel badly that it did have this effect on me) but I do feel the process could have been handled in a much different way.

There, I have vented my counter point, after waiting one day to see if I was going to say anything.

Cheers, Perry.
    Last edited by gtwo; 02/14/2007 at 12:55 PM.
    Here, here.
    Very nicely said, Perry
    Keep it going TC.
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve