1.    #1  
    I'm used to clicking on "new posts" to see activity in other threads, but I feel the AppleIPhone thread is robbing T|C of otherwise ineresting discussion. I'd like to find a way to filter out that noise* and focus on Treo branded phones. *(Perhaps it's not always noice, but I'm starting to feel that way at the moment.)

thanks,
    --
    Bob
    I'm both super! ... and a doer!
    Sure.
    My shortcut in the toolbar looks like
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/se...,149&styleid=1
    The forum numbers can be seen in the main TC forum page links.
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
    You want to exclude a thread or a forum?
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by ronbo2000 View Post
    You want to exclude a thread or a forum?
    Maybe I stated things wrong. I'd like to exclude a Forum.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by aprasad View Post
    Sure.
    My shortcut in the toolbar looks like
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/se...,149&styleid=1
    The forum numbers can be seen in the main TC forum page links.
    Thanks, that's exactly what I wanted!
    (Too bad your link got munged in display mode, but if anyone wants to see this, just press "Quote" on APrasad's post and cut and paste the URL out of the message. Then you'll see what he means.

thanks, -- Bob
    Quote Originally Posted by bclancy View Post
    I'm used to clicking on "new posts" to see activity in other threads, but I feel the AppleIPhone thread is robbing T|C of otherwise ineresting discussion. I'd like to find a way to filter out that noise* and focus on Treo branded phones. *(Perhaps it's not always noice, but I'm starting to feel that way at the moment.)

thanks,
    --
    Bob
    The good thing about having an iPhone forum is that you can get rid of that bumph by excluding the forum.

To find the forum number to include in your exclude list (see aprasad's post), hover the mouse over the forum name in the main list or in the new posts list.
    Yeah, we figured there'd be so much iPhone discussion we'd need a separate space for it.

One of these days I need to clean out all our stickies and just post one-sticky-to-rule-them-all with tips on excluding forums, links to site rules, etc.