Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    When I try to log in on the mobile site (treo.treocentral.com), I can input my username and password, get the 'redirecting' page, and then get back as an anonymous user, not logged in.

Has anyone else reported this behavior in the last few days? (I have been able to log in the mobile site for years.)
    This afternoon i'm going to be spending some time dealing with forum bugs that have popped up in the last couple of weeks (i.e. since we added the WMExperts forum). in the meantime, you may need to clear out your cache in blazer/PIE. I believe that we had to make some slight modifications to the cookies and so it's possible your old cookies are interfering.

Stay tooned (gesture to your awesome avatar)
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by septimus View Post
    This afternoon i'm going to be spending some time dealing with forum bugs that have popped up in the last couple of weeks (i.e. since we added the WMExperts forum). in the meantime, you may need to clear out your cache in blazer/PIE. I believe that we had to make some slight modifications to the cookies and so it's possible your old cookies are interfering.

Stay tooned (gesture to your awesome avatar)
    Hehe.. thanks for the avatar kudo. I have tried clearing cache, but the problems remain. Like I said, it seems like the login goes well, as I get the redirecting page, but then I just get sent right back to the page with a blank username and an unassigned password.

I'll let you know if it starts working later today (or tomorrow)
    Jaytee,

what if you log in from here:

http://treo.discussion.treocentral.com/
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
  5.    #5  
    well.. i'm back in. I wiped out cache and cookies (again). I also unchecked 'use carriers default proxy'. Has that always been there? Why does it only affect tc? I'm gonna switch it back on and see if it really was the key.
    --
    Visor Deluxe > Visor Platinum > Visor Pro > Treo 180 > Treo 270 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 680 > Palm Pre > EVO 4G
  6.    #6  
    yep... the proxy setting was the key!
    --
    Visor Deluxe > Visor Platinum > Visor Pro > Treo 180 > Treo 270 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 680 > Palm Pre > EVO 4G
    Quote Originally Posted by jaytee View Post
    yep... the proxy setting was the key!
    hm. that's wacky and weird. FWIW, i hadn't done anything on this end yet, either.

We're talking Blazer here, right?
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by septimus View Post
    hm. that's wacky and weird. FWIW, i hadn't done anything on this end yet, either.

We're talking Blazer here, right?
    yep.. and i just confirmed it again. Even weirder, this is on a generic unlocked palm 680. How does it know the 'carrier proxy settings'? Are they on the SIM somewhere?
    Global Posts
    756 Global Posts
    I'm having problems rendering the mobile 'themes' in the forums. No matter what I pick I get the default. It would be nice to have the light weight mobile one again for my Treo 700wx.
    Kash76

Sprint - Treo 650, 700wx, 800w, Touch Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Kash76 View Post
    I'm having problems rendering the mobile 'themes' in the forums. No matter what I pick I get the default. It would be nice to have the light weight mobile one again for my Treo 700wx.

I am having the same problem. I would like it if i click on an email topic notification to have this "theme" (http://treo.discussion.treocentral.com/) come up.

If I swap themes in regular IE 6 (PC) or my Treo 700w, I get the main "regular/default" theme.

Anyway to force the http://treo.discussion.treocentral.com/ theme on my 700w?
    Global Posts
    756 Global Posts
    Are any mods watching this thread??
    Kash76

hm. the theme seems to be forcing fine on my 700wx. Let me see if I can repeat the issue.
    The default theme is the main Treocentral theme (TC Main). When in IE 6 (on WinXP Pro SP2) if I select any theme at all (WMExperts, TC Mobile 2, or WME Mobile) it only selects the TC main theme.

On my Treo 700w, the same exact results happen. If I go here: http://treo.discussion.treocentral.com/, the site looks as it should (in the small mode), there is no way to save that as the default theme though.

I appreciate your looking into this.

Thanks,
    Rich
    I would also suggest trying to change themes in IE 6 if you have it.
    The problem with my being able to stay logged in is getting worse. There are times when it is fine and I stay logged in for a while, then there are times when I go through a dozen login trials, each one thanking me for logging in then dumping me into an anonymous screen right next.

I was wondering even if I would be able to log in to tell you it was happening!

(I'm on my PC, not my Treo, BTW.)
    So thats happening on your Treo (palm based) or PC (windows IE based)?
    Global Posts
    756 Global Posts
    on my 700wx
    Kash76

realizing that TC is free, can anyone help us?
    Gah. i'm having a really tough time duplicating these issues! Was away for the holidays, will grind away at this little bugger tomorrow morning at the latest.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast