Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    btt
    I can't stay logged in on my new CNG 750 and it appears to be a proxy server issue on the CNG ROM where they have a proxy server hidden in a registry entry which I assume is causing me to have the problem

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...7&postcount=16
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    eep. Vegas killed my plans to fix this. Sunday I'm podcasting but i intend to really and finally nip this problem in the bud before I do that.
    Global Posts
    756 Global Posts
    Sweet!
    Kash76

Sprint - Treo 650, 700wx, 800w, Touch Pro
    Global Posts
    212 Global Posts
    I can't get to the mobile site either, it automatically takes me to the regular treocentral.com site. Is this happening to everyone, or just me?
    Palm IIIe -> Visor Deluxe -> Palm 505 -> Clie tj37 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700P
    Global Posts
    94 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hanuman View Post
    I can't get to the mobile site either, it automatically takes me to the regular treocentral.com site. Is this happening to everyone, or just me?
    It is happening to me also...
    Maybe septimus has it down since he mentions above that he'd be working on it this weekend.
    I'm having issues as well...
    Global Posts
    212 Global Posts
    I'm still able to log into the forums of treocentral's mobile site here:
    treo.discussion.treocentral.com
    Palm IIIe -> Visor Deluxe -> Palm 505 -> Clie tj37 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700P
    Quote Originally Posted by Hanuman View Post
    I'm still able to log into the forums of treocentral's mobile site here:
    treo.discussion.treocentral.com
    This is the mobile URL I had been using (http://treo.treocentral.com/). That still resolves to the full site but treo.discussion.treocentral.com at leasts gets to the mobile version of the forums, which is what I want. Thanks!
    treo.tc ?
    Ok. I'm not sure that anything is "broken" per se. Just limited functionality... ??

1) If you want the full version of the forum: go to discussion.treocentral.com . This will *only* display the full version - no matter what type of browser you access it from, desktop or mobile. The "style chooser" at the bottom doesn't actually work for us, it's tied to the domain/url you access (and trust me, this is a necessary thing for our set up and will never be changed).

2) The mobile version of the forum is at treo.discussion.treocentral.com . this will only display the mobile version, again, no matter where you access it from.

3) treo.treocentral.com currently points to www.treocentral.com . I don't know if we'll be changing that anytime soon, as we're in the midst of some backend changes and don't want to screw with that. In the meantime, I'd just change your bookmarks to treo.tc .

4) Email alerts currently just give the full version of the site. I'm digging around and it looks like I'll have to manually add mobile versions to each template separately, which is going to be a gigantic pain as vBulletin seems to put all of its email templates deep within the "language" settings. So if you are clicking links from email alerts on your mobile device... for now I just recomment inserting "treo" in front of "discussion.treocentral.com etc etc" once the page is open. I'll see about adding the mobile links to the alert emails later.

5) I'm unable to duplicate the issues of not staying logged in. At all (sorry.) Perhaps somebody can elaborate on these "proxy" issues for me? In the meantime, I recommend deleting cookies, clearing caches (and heck, resetting DNS, why not) to see if that helps.

SO...

If you're experiencing a bug or a problem that isn't solved by going to the proper URL (treo.discussion.treocentral.com for mobile; discussion.treocentral.com for desktop), please be as specific and clear as possible as to the circumstances under which you're experiencing the bug, including: Device you're using, browser you're using, *exact* url you're visiting, carrier you're on (or wifi, or whatever..), etc.

to sum up: I really want to fix the issues, but can't seem to duplicate them. :-( It seems like maybe our changes just made the site more finicky WRT which URL you're visiting and so we'll have to be more careful with that? Unsure. Finally, and hopefully you've gotten this far, but %$@!$ quitting smoking has made me an ornery SOB, so if any of the above is less-then-polite I apologize. :-/
    Global Posts
    756 Global Posts
    It's just nice to go from the email straight to the forum and have it be a mobile friendly display like it used to.

I would think that the vbulletin community could help you add the mobile link? I know when I used to do a lot of PHPBB there was plenty of help.

Glad to hear you're quiting!
    Kash76

Sprint - Treo 650, 700wx, 800w, Touch Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Kash76 View Post
    It's just nice to go from the email straight to the forum and have it be a mobile friendly display like it used to.

I would think that the vbulletin community could help you add the mobile link? I know when I used to do a lot of PHPBB there was plenty of help.

Glad to hear you're quiting!
    I am fairly sure that I know how and where to add the mobile links, it's just that it looks like a long and tedious and manual job ---one that I intend to get to when I'm in less of a HULK SMASH mood from nicotine withdrawl.
    Im still a little confused, the Vbulletin skins that are there do not work & will never work. Did they work at some point?

I am using a Treo 700w & I cant put a "treo" in front of the discussion link (based on how Poutlook works). I would love to though.

Good luck & thanks for keeping us in the loop. Congrats on giving up smoking, it sure is tough!
    Quote Originally Posted by RichKlein View Post
    Im still a little confused, the Vbulletin skins that are there do not work & will never work. Did they work at some point?

I am using a Treo 700w & I cant put a "treo" in front of the discussion link (based on how Poutlook works). I would love to though.

Good luck & thanks for keeping us in the loop. Congrats on giving up smoking, it sure is tough!
    yeah, the way our site works now is that the skins are "locked" to their domains. I intend on adding mobile links to all the email alerts, but as I think I said I'm a little pressed for time just now. it'll come.
    Ahhh, ok that completely clears that up. Treo.treocentral.com is a completely different server than discussion.treocentral.com. That make sense. Thanks for following up, I am eagerly awaiting the day I can click on an email link & have a choice for Treo.treocentral.com

Thanks, love the site!
    This was working fine up until today in PIE. On my Sprint Treo 700wx, I get the following message when I type in the URL http://treo.discussion.treocentral.com:

-------------
    If you are not redirected to the new discussion server here, you can simply clink the link to get there.

Thanks for your patience, this issue should go away once the DNS changes propagate.

You're the best,
    Mike O
    -------------

This redirects me to http://dev.discussion.treocentral.com, which is the full version of the website. What is odd is that if I go to http://treo.discussion.treocentral.com on my desktop, it displays the mobile version.

Since the message above mentioned DNS, I pinged treo.discussion.treocentral.com and ended up with 166.70.171.114. I tried going to http://166.70.171.114/tcforum on my Treo and ended up with the full version of the forum again.

I also tried using ftxPBrowser on my 700wx to make sure it wasn't related to my browser and got the same results.

Is there a new link I need to try?
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 700wx -> Mogul -> Touch Pro
    You may like to flash, but your phone shouldn't. LED Killer
    I updated my DNS servers on my 700wx to 4.2.2.1 and 4.2.2.2 and now the mobile website resolves. Before, I had in set to automatically use whatever DNS servers Sprint provided.

I changed these to the ones above at some point, but must have restored a backup and forgot to change them again.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 700wx -> Mogul -> Touch Pro
    You may like to flash, but your phone shouldn't. LED Killer
    Quote Originally Posted by stroths View Post
    I updated my DNS servers on my 700wx to 4.2.2.1 and 4.2.2.2 and now the mobile website resolves. Before, I had in set to automatically use whatever DNS servers Sprint provided.

I changed these to the ones above at some point, but must have restored a backup and forgot to change them again.
    yes, you got it. We moved servers last night, so it sometimes takes 24 hours for DNS to propagate properly.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast