Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 47
  1. #21  
    If, while you are reading this thread, you catch yourself with a nostalgic smile on your face instead of scatching your head in wonder...
  2. #22  
    You know what the Tokenwriter is and what it was used for primarily
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

    "95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
  3. #23  
    Quote Originally Posted by Keefer Lucas View Post
    ...your join date of Feb 2001 was two Visors, one Jornada, a Clie, a Treo 650, Treo 700p, two houses and one wife ago...
    In that order???
  4. #24  
    Man, I can still remember my glee upon receiving the visor phone...good times!
  5. #25  
    ...you always start threads in Off Topic because that's the most important part (thread moved to Treocentral.com).
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” (Philip K. ****)
  6. #26  
    your join date is before 2002.

    I've been here since the site was called visorcentral. Good times.
  7. #27  
    This site was split off from VisorCentral, which still exists. The boards there have largely been taken over by spammers, which is kind of funny in a way-- they sign up to spam a forum almost nobody ever visits anymore except other spammers. (It's nice to see the few legit posts that do appear there.)
    "Yeah, he can talk. It's gettin' him to shut up that's the trick!"
    -Shrek
  8. #28  
    . . . . when you remember the days when "spare" AAA batteries were rolling around in the bottom of your satchel, brief case, glove box, desk drawer and coat pocket. . . . . .














    opps. . . . . that was pre-TC . . . in the Palm Pilot era . . . . . I believe that preceeded tht last Ice Age.
    Last edited by gtwo; 11/16/2006 at 06:16 AM.
  9. #29  
    And you kept a paper clip in the battery compartment, between the AAAs, just in case... and might not have had to pull it out until you changed those batteries (after 3 months in a Pilot 1000, a month and a half in a PalmPilot Personal, or-- gasp!-- three weeks in a Visor Deluxe. What a battery hog!)
    "Yeah, he can talk. It's gettin' him to shut up that's the trick!"
    -Shrek
  10. #30  
    Even though 30 to 60 seconds was more than enough time to swap out batteries before the memory would be lost . . . . . I always got fumble-itis when I was doing that. . . . .

    Ahh, sweet memories.
    Last edited by gtwo; 11/16/2006 at 11:45 AM.
  11. jwbekens's Avatar
    Posts
    80 Posts
    Global Posts
    286 Global Posts
    #31  
    Days of Hackmaster, and accelerators such as Afterburner, (I think I had 15 or more hacks running at a time), the omniremote springboard module (which is still phenomenal in my wife's Visor platinum), 8 mb backup modules, the debate over rechargeable AAAs and how to reset the battery voltage indicator to accomodate them, database programs (freeware) in the days before Docs2Go, the Handspring USB drivers instead of Palm's serial connectors, what ever happened to donna dubinsky, tape over the graffiti area to prevent scratches, then Fitalystamp, the early production Visors with the cracks in the top of the silos, IR range was 15 feet not 2 feet, cradles came with the handheld in Ice or black, a great program called Coola that allowed you to sync calendar events and addresses from the web or emails directly into your palm, the submarine game.
    Jon
  12. #32  
    Quote Originally Posted by jwbekens View Post
    Days of Hackmaster, and accelerators such as Afterburner, (I think I had 15 or more hacks running at a time), the omniremote springboard module (which is still phenomenal in my wife's Visor platinum), 8 mb backup modules, the debate over rechargeable AAAs and how to reset the battery voltage indicator to accomodate them, database programs (freeware) in the days before Docs2Go, the Handspring USB drivers instead of Palm's serial connectors, what ever happened to donna dubinsky, tape over the graffiti area to prevent scratches, then Fitalystamp, the early production Visors with the cracks in the top of the silos, IR range was 15 feet not 2 feet, cradles came with the handheld in Ice or black, a great program called Coola that allowed you to sync calendar events and addresses from the web or emails directly into your palm, the submarine game.
    Jon
    THIS WASN'T SPAM!

    sigh. Super sorry jwbekens - a spammer had spoofed your IP and I got a little overzealous trying to stop the jerk, your post ended up in my bullet spray.

    < < Septimus hangs head in shame > >
  13. jwbekens's Avatar
    Posts
    80 Posts
    Global Posts
    286 Global Posts
    #33  
    It's nice to have access to TreoCentral again. Seeing "banned" by my name on the user list was a shock after 8 yrs around here. Thanks, Septimus, for getting me back in good graces so quickly. I can say that support here is excellent, just as it is when purchasing Treos or accessories from the store.

    I was an early beta tester for backupbuddy and wordsmith/bluewrite, patientkeeper, and IrPrint, Tealprint, Tealdoc, and palmprint (which is still a useful program). Before bluetooth I thought infrared printing was going to be the next big thing. I use an infrared adaptor on my printer at home and my old laser printer at work has infrared. Bluetooth printers haven't quite caught on in the world of wireless networks.

    The Palm developer world is still a friendly place. I think my biggest contribution was editing grammar in the help screens for Butler in early versions. HAH!
  14. #34  
    Remember the hot setup for mobile e-mail-- a Nokia 8290, a Visor Deluxe, and IrLink? (I used ComLink.) The Deluxe wasn't "supposed to be able to do that," but somebody figured it out anyway. I think MarkEagle's avatar was a Deluxe and 8290, with the 8290 "upside down" so the IR ports lined up.
    "Yeah, he can talk. It's gettin' him to shut up that's the trick!"
    -Shrek
  15. NRG
    NRG is offline
    NRG's Avatar
    Posts
    3,657 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    #35  
    Quote Originally Posted by AlexPlank View Post
    your join date is before 2002.

    I've been here since the site was called visorcentral. Good times.
    Better watch it your post count is going to go up if you are not careful.
  16. NRG
    NRG is offline
    NRG's Avatar
    Posts
    3,657 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    #36  
    You remember the "Glow Hack".
  17. #37  
    [QUOTE=jwbekens;1127758]It's nice to have access to TreoCentral again. Seeing "banned" by my name on the user list was a shock after 8 yrs around here. Thanks, Septimus, for getting me back in good graces so quickly. I can say that support here is excellent, just as it is when purchasing Treos or accessories from the store. /QUOTE]

    Man, part of me wishes I could send you a pound of flesh over PM for that.
  18. #38  
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom LaPrise View Post
    I think MarkEagle's avatar was a Deluxe and 8290, with the 8290 "upside down" so the IR ports lined up.
    Nope, that wasn't mine, though I vaguely remember the one you're referring to. My VC avatar was a "walking" Deluxe, the older brother to my current "walking" 650.
    .
    .....
    MarkEagle
    .....<a href="http://discussion.treocentral.com/tcforum/index.php?s=">TreoCentral</a> | <a href="http://discussion.visorcentral.com/vcforum/index.php?s=">VisorCentral</a> Forum Moderator - Forum Guidelines
    .....Sprint PCS Treo 650
    .....God bless America, my home sweet home...
  19. #39  
    When Palm was the establishment, Handspring was the innovator, and 8K was a hell of a lot of memory! When your phone was a springboard module and Sprint sent you $800 monthly bills because they still hadn't got your $10/month wireless web plan right. When Xiino existed for the Treo 300 but noone had ever thought of handling voice or picture applications yet. When you could wow your friends by being able to get email and real web pages wirelessly. (This all wasn't that long ago. Hopefully the future will be as equally astonishing as we have come so far!)
  20. #40  
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkEagle View Post
    Nope, that wasn't mine, though I vaguely remember the one you're referring to. My VC avatar was a "walking" Deluxe, the older brother to my current "walking" 650.
    Oh, that's right... so another part of my memory has gone "poof." D'oh!
    "Yeah, he can talk. It's gettin' him to shut up that's the trick!"
    -Shrek
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions