1.    #1  
    The new TreoCast is up.

I think I fixed the volume issue, joy! But it also introduced a tad of background static, I'm worried that my microphone is starting to get worse. Ah, well.
  2.    #2  
    GAH! Still too quiet! My computer must be weird somehow. I'm amping up the volume again now and uploading it. Yeesh!

Sorry folks!
    VoiceIndigo isn't listing Episode 5.....how long does it take for it to be available via VoiceIndigo?

Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by rw28664 View Post
    VoiceIndigo isn't listing Episode 5.....how long does it take for it to be available via VoiceIndigo?

Thanks!
    You know, that's a great question. We have no idea. Hopefully they check the feed more than once per day. We'll try to find out and post here.
    I think that Dieter and I are both officially betting on "tomorrow."
  6.    #6  
    Louder version now posted.
    Global Posts
    113 Global Posts
    Sweet!!

Oh, by the way, here's a discussion link that I think should be touched on in the next Treocast: http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=126223

Thanks!
    Mike,

Thanks for writing. We ping "popular" RSS Feeds at least once a day. Feeds that publish more than once a day may be pinged several times a day.

I checked Treocast. It is being pinged once a day, generally in the early mornings. In other words, if you publish a new episode today, it won't show up on VoiceIndigo until tomorrow morning.

I noticed that you published episode 5 today. So, I forced a ping just now and episode 5 is online now. If I did not intervene, it would have appeared automatically by tomorrow morning.

I hope this answers your question. If not, please let me know and I'll address it further. Thanks!

Peter Lee
    VoiceIndigo, Inc.
    So, to paraphrase, it would be on VoiceIndigo tomorrow, but is instead up today.
    Wow! Thanks for the quick answer!
    Septimus, your voice was harder to hear compared to Overthrow's (maybe his voice is just deeper so it comes across louder). I was running using speakerphone (yeah, yeah I know) and had to hold the phone closer to my ear in order to hear you. Your voice would start off loud but then as you started talking you started trailing off a little IMO (btw, did I catch a 9er in there?)

Thanks!
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by scottymomo View Post
    Septimus, your voice was harder to hear compared to Overthrow's (maybe his voice is just deeper so it comes across louder). I was running using speakerphone (yeah, yeah I know) and had to hold the phone closer to my ear in order to hear you. Your voice would start off loud but then as you started talking you started trailing off a little IMO (btw, did I catch a 9er in there?)

Thanks!
    Hey scotty -

Yah, I know. I pumped up the volume on my end a bit. There was some background buzz on my mic this time around and so I had to so some noise cancellation to take care of it - which ended up making my voice drown out from time to time. I may just forget about the noise cancellation and just let the buzz go through and re-encode it.

The weird thing with all this is my computer must have some weird settings. The volume is actually way too loud on my computer - Can't figure out why.

Anyway, apologies all around. Thanks for listening.
  12.    #12  
    Another new version up - this one dang near blows out my mac speakers, so hopefully it'll be loud enough.

I also stopped using Audacity to normalize the audio. It results in a larger file, but that may also have been the issue.