1.    #1  
    Lately, I've been having trouble accessing the forums. For about the past 3-4 days when I click on "Discussion" at the top of the page, nothing it takes minutes to open, or on a few occasions hasn't opened at all. And I've been experiencing similar delays when trying to enter a thread. Twice in the past week, I couldn't get treocentral.com to load at all. Has anyone else been experiencing this? Every other site is working fine, so I don't think it is my connection.
    If you click on "Search/Advanced" do you get the "Advanced" search screen. That's one of the problems I am having that seems to be unique to TreoCentral, the individual items in the pulldown menus are not working for me at all. Are you using Firefox?
    Copernicus - You're having your drop-down issue on firefox?! Weird weird weird. Have you tried resetting you cache and cookies? If it's not loading the drop-downs that implies to me that it's not dealing with AJAX correctly... How does it render sites like Flickr?

MrDs10e - hm. That does seem odd - loads pretty snappy for me. perhaps you should reset your cache?
  4.    #4  
    I use Firefox. The search/advanced search works for me. I haven't had any trouble with the site since yesterday morning, so maybe whatever it was is cleared up. I'll clear out my cache and report the exact time if I have any other problems.
    Global Posts
    577 Global Posts
    I'm having trouble doing searches (I've tried on two different computers with different connections).

Could there be a problem with the search mechanism?
    Quote Originally Posted by spiVeyx View Post
    I'm having trouble doing searches (I've tried on two different computers with different connections).

Could there be a problem with the search mechanism?
    Can you be a little more specific? Seems to be working fine on my end, but it's my experience that for every person that mentions there's a problem there's a large group of people experiencing the same issue that don't mention it. So we want to fix it!
    I've been having trouble with the site altogether...

To be honest, I have absolutely no clue as to what could cause this. I usually connect through a Linux box using Firefox, but both Firefox and IE under Windows give me the same problem. I can access the forums perfectly fine, it's the rest of the site that's hit or miss. I can load up the main page, but after that majority of the links timeout. Sometimes those links load, but very rarely... Maybe I have to hit it at a certain angle with a certain acceleration when time in seconds since 1970 modulo pi equals pi-.1... Since this problem only happens when redirecting to a different subdomain, it could be internal addressing...

Yes the server for the boards has been slow or timing out, on and off all day.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    On my end, the server seemed down all night again.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    And right now site is down, all of it.
    Technological superiority has never won a product battle. If that were the case we would all be flying in supersonic Concordes and using Apple computers.

The key to winning the battle is a combination of price, convenience, marketing, sound business model and a bit of luck.
    I wonder if they do server maintenance and forget to inform people. I notice this happens on sites that do periodic maintenance. They will go down and then they're up and working fine the next day. Although I know of one site that does a full week of maintenance and it's a big inconvenience, but at least they inform everyone.

Main site unavailable? Forums are fine

500 Server Error
    The following error occurred: [code=CANT_CONNECT] Could not connect because of networking problems. Contact your system administrator.
    Could not open error file
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    Ditto.

Could not open my TC site bookmark, but got to discussion by typing it in.
    Our darn primary DB server was acting up again. In two weeks we are moving to a new datacenter, can't wait.