1.    #1  
    How about a brief (re)introduction?

My name is Dieter Bohn. I've been hired on at Treocentral as "Community Editor," which is a title that basically means Marcus has delegated much of the work related to the content and community of Treocentral to me. This means that you can start looking forward to more in-depth content on the main pages of the site.

It also means that Marcus is a very very busy guy and if you have any questions about the Treocentral community, send them to me. So if you have any ideas for the site, news you'd like to let us know about, or just general questions, please shoot me an email at dieter@treocentral.com or just Private Message me (a word of warning, however, I usually keep my weekends and evenings reserved for offline time!).

I'm now another moderator here as well. I've been a member of these boards for over 5 years now. Those of you with long memories may remember that I was a mod here once before. Those of you with *really* long memories may remember me under the username "dietrichbohn."

Anyway, I'm very excited to be active again the Treocentral community and I'm hoping that we'll be able to keep it as informative, vibrant, and fun as it's always been!
    Howdy
    Just call me Berd.
    For some reason, I never realized Dieter's alter ego was septimus. Cool.
    Palm V-->Visor Deluxe-->Visor Prism-->Visorphone-->Treo 180-->Treo 600-->Treo 650 on Sprint-->Treo 700p-->Centro-->Diamond-->Pre-->HTC EVO 4g???!
    Cheers from the Pink Padded Room. (aka; the 700P Silly Season)
    Quote Originally Posted by septimus
    How about a brief (re)introduction?

My name is Dieter Bohn. I've been hired on at Treocentral as "Community Editor," which is a title that basically means Marcus has delegated much of the work related to the content and community of Treocentral to me. This means that you can start looking forward to more in-depth content on the main pages of the site.

It also means that Marcus is a very very busy guy and if you have any questions about the Treocentral community, send them to me. So if you have any ideas for the site, news you'd like to let us know about, or just general questions, please shoot me an email at dieter@treocentral.com or just Private Message me (a word of warning, however, I usually keep my weekends and evenings reserved for offline time!).

I'm now another moderator here as well. I've been a member of these boards for over 5 years now. Those of you with long memories may remember that I was a mod here once before. Those of you with *really* long memories may remember me under the username "dietrichbohn."

Anyway, I'm very excited to be active again the Treocentral community and I'm hoping that we'll be able to keep it as informative, vibrant, and fun as it's always been!
    septimus -- I've never before seen you, and probably you don't of me either.

I'm one of many formerly active participants here, who strongly felt that the moderation of the OT forum had become capricious and destructive.

Weeks ago the owner of this site assured the thousands of people who have viewed the primary thread on this topic that he would address our concerns.

I fear that the unspoken implication of your now surfacing is the suggestion that the owner in effect has decided to not intervene -- to not follow through with the promise implied in his original statement.

Am I being too cynical ??

I hope when (and if) he returns, that he recognizes the singularly important resource that OT is -- and in respect of that, he changes the way that forum is administered. I think we all hope that he understands its special adult qualities, and gives OT the significant autonomy it requires to remain vital and energetic.
    755P Sprint SERO (upgraded from unlocked GSM 650 on T-Mobile)
    Quote Originally Posted by BARYE
    septimus -- I've never before seen you, and probably you don't of me either.

I'm one of many formerly active participants here, who strongly felt that the moderation of the OT forum had become capricious and destructive.

Weeks ago the owner of this site assured the thousands of people who have viewed the primary thread on this topic that he would address our concerns.

I fear that the unspoken implication of your now surfacing is the suggestion that the owner in effect has decided to not intervene -- to not follow through with the promise implied in his original statement.

Am I being too cynical ??

I hope when (and if) he returns, that he recognizes the singularly important resource that OT is -- and in respect of that, he changes the way that forum is administered. I think we all hope that he understands its special adult qualities, and gives OT the significant autonomy it requires to remain vital and energetic.
    Yeah, Septimus I'd really like to hear your input on the above too. A lot of the more informed people have basically left the site. Does Marcus really want that? I believe a number of us have been waiiting for a clear response from him. You say he is "a busy guy"...ok, so are a lot of us. That's fine. But generally people do make time for what they feel is genuinely important. So if the OP is now the "voice of Marcus," What say you? I'd personally like to see the mods who freaked out and abused their power leave and have the other people come back. Will I now be banned for saying that?

I think it's a very legitimate question to know where you (and Marcus) stand.
    People vote with their feet and there is no place more mobile than the Net. What made treocentral so great was it's people, us, the participants. I don't think they should be pushed away.
    Sprint Treo 700p, Sony UX/TX, u720,
    Edirol R-09, Mitsu PK 20, Mimio
  7.    #7  
    Thank you both for your questions. We've posted our moderation guidlines here:

http://discuss.treocentral.com/showthread.php?t=119842
    That's very nice. Thank you Dieter. It does not answer my, or anyone's, questions, let alone address our concerns, and I know that since those were posted there have been several instances where the "adhering" to said guidelines has been dubious, at best.
    Go here if you're tired of being .
    It'll be fun.
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by DrDoom
    That's very nice. Thank you Dieter. It does not answer my, or anyone's, questions, let alone address our concerns, and I know that since those were posted there have been several instances where the "adhering" to said guidelines has been dubious, at best.
    DrDoom: we'll have to agree to disagree on that. Please PM your specific concerns to me and I'll address them as best I can.