1.    #1  
    Ok, I've been thinking about how there are so many of us who help others but never get credit for that. Therefore, people get mad at newbie questions because they know it has been answered many many times. But what if we get credit for each time we help others? You know?? Like getting bonus points and showing them under our user names.

This way I would be more than happy to spend some time in replying to questions. And let say eventually once a year or so giving some kind of prize to the top 3 people who helped the most according to their points.

What do you guys think???

Al
    I think it would be nice, but there might be an intellectual property issue with MyTreo.net. Don't know for sure, but possibly.

Actually, I'd rather see new threads like "don't tell us newbies to search" automatically locked and new versions of "I just dropped my Treo in the toilet/sink/pool" get automatically re-directed to relevant posts by the mods.
    Brent
    T650 on Sprint's Wireless Wonder
    on another forum I visit they have something called "Rep Points" there is a little button under your avatar that you click on and then you choose whether to give them a positive or a negative rep point. The more positive rep points you get the higher your status is in the forum. IMHO I like the idea.