Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by berdinkerdickle
    Mark, are you saying you don't want us to ask people to; Please follow the forum rules to 'search first'? Because if you asked us, I know for myself, I would refrain.
    I was specifically talking about the sarcastic replies, which is what I believe Norboo was referring to as well. There's no reason someone can't be asked politely to search...

We all understand the perdicament for the noob, we've all been there, looking for something, and finding 25+ dead end posts.
    Yeah... and we hated being told to search for the answers too!
    MarkEagle
    .....<a href="http://discussion.treocentral.com/tcforum/index.php?s=">TreoCentral</a> | <a href="http://discussion.visorcentral.com/vcforum/index.php?s=">VisorCentral</a> Forum Moderator - Forum Guidelines
    .....Sprint PCS Treo 650
    .....God bless America, my home sweet home...
    After I read thru the forum and saw others getting beat down with sarcastic replies about the lack of searching at the beginning...I learned real quick. Some of these newbs claim they have been reading thru the forums for a while and just joined or already was a member and just started to post...if this was the case and they have been reading thru the forum for a while, they should have some idea of whats going on, but they don't. I see members who joined in 2004 with 26 posts and they must have been paying attention to the forum the past couple of years and they still don't search and ask the dumbest questions that could be answered on page one of your manual...that is what will bring the pain from the veteran members while the forum gets clogged with redundancy.
    at&t iPhone3G
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkEagle
    Yeah... and we hated being told to search for the answers too!
    Funny,
    I was never told to 'search first'
    Because I did my very best to never put anyone out.
    I may very well be the exception.
    And don't anyone dare tell me to get a life. The knowledge I have is by putting forth the effort to understand things without imposing.
    Just call me Berd.
  4.    #44  
    And don't anyone dare tell me to get a life.
    Ok, don't get a life
    Quote Originally Posted by Norboo
    Ok, don't get a life
    Just call me Berd.
  6.    #46  
    that's a mighty big stick you carry. you'll poke someone's eye out
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123