Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 32 of 32
  1. #21  
    dstrauss left the forum!!!
    drama, no he hasn't
  2. #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by theBlaze74
    drama, no he hasn't
    drama...good
    at&t iPhone3G
  3. #23  
    Oh, for the old memories of Chick-Dance and the AFLAC duck... those were the days!
    "Everybody Palm!"

    Palm III/IIIC, Palm Vx, Verizon: Treo 650, Centro, Pre+.
    Leo killed my future Pre 3 & Opal, dagnabitt!
    Should I buy a Handspring Visor instead?
    Got a Pre2! "It eats iPhones for Breakfast"!
  4.    #24  
    Quote Originally Posted by KStewart
    drama...good
    A statement was made by one of the more respected members of this forum, hopefully everyone heard.
    Freedom of some speech in the US, through someone in the UK.
  5. #25  
    Im not really sure what the problem is. While I agree that it seemed a little harsh how the discussion of cooling the political/religious threads in OT forum went down, it seemed that those threads were getting closed all the time.

    If people don't like it, then either a) suck it up, b) they should not post here at TC or c) TC should just eliminate the OT forum. No one poster is more important than the forum. The mods cannot and should not be 'handcuffed' by people leaving the forum or threatening to leave the forum.

    I would prefer option a. IMHO the writing was on the wall with the OT posts not counting in the post counts.
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve

  6. #26  
    Quote Originally Posted by duanedude1
    Oh, for the old memories of Chick-Dance and the AFLAC duck... those were the days!
    God, that was funny! What happend to it all where chick dance go?
    Nokia 3210 > Nokia 3310 >Palm Vx > Palm M105 >Treo 180g and Nokia 8850 > Treo 270 > Treo 600 > Sony TH55 > Tapwave Zodiac 2 > Treo 650 GSM > Imate KJam > Treo 750v

    Formerly Known As PRANKSTAR
  7. NRG
    NRG is offline
    NRG's Avatar
    Posts
    3,657 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    #27  
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    Strawberries are in season...
    No doubt.
  8. #28  
    Quote Originally Posted by t2gungho
    Im not really sure what the problem is. While I agree that it seemed a little harsh how the discussion of cooling the political/religious threads in OT forum went down, it seemed that those threads were getting closed all the time.

    If people don't like it, then either a) suck it up, b) they should not post here at TC or c) TC should just eliminate the OT forum. No one poster is more important than the forum. The mods cannot and should not be 'handcuffed' by people leaving the forum or threatening to leave the forum.
    I would prefer option a. IMHO the writing was on the wall with the OT posts not counting in the post counts.
    I vote for choices a.) or b.). In any event, I have not heard anyone complaining about the threads that were closed.
  9. #29  
    Quote Originally Posted by dutchtrumpet
    this place has never been the since evilghost left
    Here, Here
  10. NRG
    NRG is offline
    NRG's Avatar
    Posts
    3,657 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    #30  
    Quote Originally Posted by theBlaze74
    In any event, I have not heard anyone complaining about the threads that were closed.
    I could, but I won't. Why? Because it is their world, and we are just living it it.
  11. #31  
    Hmmm. Interesting discussion. Sorry that dstrauss will no longer participate. But in reviewing everything, I have a couple of things.

    1. Where are the terms of service? I looked around in the FAQ and About sections, searched for both TOS and Terms of Service. Couldn't find anything.

    2. Did find the Forum Guidelines which are here:

    http://discussion.treocentral.com/announcement.php?f=47

    3. I notice that complaining on the forums about moderators can result in a suspension/ban.

    4. It does recommend PM'ing a moderator if you have questions about locked/edited threads.

    5. I apologize for starting the thread that even started it all.

    6. It seems kind of apples and oranges to me. It's a forum about Treos and other handheld PDA devices. There are plenty of "rooms" in the forum, including the Off Topic Room. Which, to me, means Off Topic (of Treos/PDAs). Ergo, it's everything but Treos/PDAs. You either have off topic or you don't.

    7. I believe we do need moderators for forums. But I think it helps keep things down to a dull roar, if the moderators also participate and have a frequent presence in the forum.

    Just my wooden nickel.
    Brent
    T650 on Sprint's Wireless Wonder
  12. #32  
    Quote Originally Posted by gharrod
    ALSO!

    I reread kramsauer's post about dstrauss and feel it is a blatent violation against dstrauss in his attacking him for his political views. This calls for an immediate termination of kramsauer's ability to post on TC.

    If it is good for the goose it is good for the gander.
    Interesting, since I actually agree with the post in question (please read the thread). But that's neither here nor there.

    Whenever you are insulting the mind of another user, that is an insult, and we won't stand for it.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions