Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 65
  1. #21  
    Quote Originally Posted by HobbesIsReal
    Gone for the weekend and I seemed to have missed a lot......so I am with Shop. I spend quite a bit of time in OT and I also would be interesting in clarifying the guidelines and/or expectations in the OT forum.

    Thanks.
    It is simple,

    1.) just look at those that have been censored and or banned.
    2.) Don't do that.

    Exchange ideas not silly insults. Just like it says in the TOS.

    Civil discussions are the goal, but as I'm sure you've seen, it's very difficult to have one when discussing politics and/or religion. If you can walk that line, go for it, but that is why I put out the warning. :-)
  2. #22  
    I think the NSA was asking for the logs of the locked threads in this forum!
    They're coming for us!
  3. #23  
    Quote Originally Posted by theBlaze74
    Which is why they have not closed the Off Topic section, nor have they banned political discussion here. If you look, the actions so far have been to close threads that lack "civility", and ban extreme TOS violators.
    Your statement seems to conflict with my quote from the Mod. Or perhaps I was taking him too literally?

    So from your perspective, one could start new threads with the topics from the locked threads?
  4. #24  
    Quote Originally Posted by gaffa
    Your statement seems to conflict with my quote from the Mod. Or perhaps I was taking him too literally?

    So from your perspective, one could start new threads with the topics from the locked threads?
    Your quote from the mod also contradicts Insertion's statement about the lively 'Other handhelds' forum, which gets no such threats about content.

    And yes, we could restart those threads because technically, under the statements from mods themselves (as blaze said), civility, not content, is what closed those threads, supposedly...
  5. #25  
    Quote Originally Posted by gaffa
    Your statement seems to conflict with my quote from the Mod. Or perhaps I was taking him too literally?

    So from your perspective, one could start new threads with the topics from the locked threads?
    Given what I have seen and read, and unless and until I hear otherwise, it is my understanding that there are no "forbidden topics".

    The only reason given upon locking a thread was either a "lack of civility" cited, or an invitation to close the thread by geatches.

    Furthermore, it was me who began many of the open t political threads on the board and I have seen inflmatory posts removed but the threads remain open, and extreme posters banned, but threads open.

    Again, if this changes, I will abide by the new standard(s).
  6. #26  
    Maybe they consider Liberal and Conservative, name-calling!
  7. #27  
    Quote Originally Posted by gaffa
    Maybe they consider Liberal and Conservative, name-calling!
    No, but, In my view, liberal / conservative in this context would qualify for inflamitory.
    *for example paraphrasing

    There we have it folks, just the type of thing I would expect from a liberal/conservative... blah blah, totally breathtaking in it's ignorance of the obvious .... This is why liberals/conservatives must never, never be trusted with national security....
  8. Micael's Avatar
    Posts
    736 Posts
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    #28  
    So, if we're not allowed to debate about 'off topic' issues, without fear of disappearing, perhaps TC should rename the forum to "Other" or "Miscellanous" and thus the topics will more likely attrack Treo/PDA threads that just don't seem to fit in the other categories?
  9. #29  
    And now the sanctimony begins.
  10. #30  
    Quote Originally Posted by geatches
    And to see it used consistently and with everyone.
    Indeed.
  11. Micael's Avatar
    Posts
    736 Posts
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    #31  
    Quote Originally Posted by hoovs
    And now the sanctimony begins.
    Careful. I'm slightly offended.
  12. #32  
    The mods have not been consistent? Which ones? Where?
  13. #33  
    Quote Originally Posted by theBlaze74
    Given what I have seen and read, and unless and until I hear otherwise, it is my understanding that there are no "forbidden topics".

    The only reason given upon locking a thread was either a "lack of civility" cited, or an invitation to close the thread by geatches.

    Furthermore, it was me who began many of the open t political threads on the board and I have seen inflmatory posts removed but the threads remain open, and extreme posters banned, but threads open.

    Again, if this changes, I will abide by the new standard(s).
    You're welcome. Just trying to spread the hope of a new tomorrow.
    Freedom of some speech in the US, through someone in the UK.
  14. #34  
    Quote Originally Posted by theBlaze74
    The mods have not been consistent? Which ones? Where?
    One should do one's own searches from now on.
    Freedom of some speech in the US, through someone in the UK.
  15. #35  
    Quote Originally Posted by hoovs
    And now the sanctimony begins.
    Quote Originally Posted by Micael
    Careful. I'm slightly offended.
    Unless he wasn't calling any poster in particular sanctimonious. That would be a bit argumentative. I'm not sure what he meant.
  16. #36  
    Quote Originally Posted by Micael
    Careful. I'm slightly offended.
    Oops! Mea culpa, mea culpa, mea maxima culpa.
  17. #37  
    Quote Originally Posted by theBlaze74
    Unless he wasn't calling any poster in particular sanctimonious.
    Oh, I was.
  18. #38  
    Quote Originally Posted by hoovs
    And now the sanctimony begins.
    Good thing this was not in reply to a quote.
    Freedom of some speech in the US, through someone in the UK.
  19. #39  
    Quote Originally Posted by hoovs
    And now the sanctimony begins.
    Quote Originally Posted by Micael
    Careful. I'm slightly offended.
    Quote Originally Posted by theBlaze74
    Unless he wasn't calling any poster in particular sanctimonious. That would be a bit argumentative. I'm not sure what he meant.
    Quote Originally Posted by hoovs
    Oh, I was.
    In that case, I would prefer you to keep your opinions about my character to yourself.
  20. Haggar's Avatar
    Posts
    894 Posts
    Global Posts
    950 Global Posts
    #40  
    Quote Originally Posted by theBlaze74
    In that case, I would prefer you to keep your opinions about my character to yourself.
    Personally, I like his opinions. But I like yours too. Which ones I choose to laugh at and berate in the privacy of my own home is up to me.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions