Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    All,
    Just a quick warning to pay attention to the forum guidelines (at the top of the thread list), especially these:
    • Foul language - TreoCentral is a site used by people of all ages, so please keep posts and links family appropriate. We use software filters to block some common language use and will not tolerate any attempts to beat such filters. Feel free to curse like a sailor at your home, not ours.
    • Personal Attacks - Do not flame, insult, or post a personal attack against another user on the TreoCentral forum. Be courteous, not rude. Do not troll or respond to trolls.

I am going to start opening a can on anyone who violates the rules. Importantly past posts are not considered. So if someone insulted you, I don't care. If you respond in kind, you'll be suspended/banned.
    What is TOS?
    Quote Originally Posted by RICHINMJ
    What is TOS?
    Terms of Service a.k.a. The Rules.
    Zach Roberts
    Director - Lifeless People Networks Ltd.
    http://www.lifelesspeople.com/ - Pay by Post™ Webhosting
    thanks
    Oh, please... I ran a national religious forum for years and if you want to see people swear and insult one another, that was the place. Here we are only talking about PDAs.

Oh, wait... for some of us, Treos are LIKE a religion. :-)

Art
    What about when one uses azz,
    or WTF, or sh*t, or the like?
    Just call me Berd.
  7.    #7  
    We believe our users are intelligent, and thus they can figure out that those words are indeed swears and will not be tolerated going forward.
    Quote Originally Posted by KRamsauer
    All,
    Just a quick warning to pay attention to the forum guidelines (at the top of the thread list), especially these:
    • Foul language - TreoCentral is a site used by people of all ages, so please keep posts and links family appropriate. We use software filters to block some common language use and will not tolerate any attempts to beat such filters. Feel free to curse like a sailor at your home, not ours.
    • Personal Attacks - Do not flame, insult, or post a personal attack against another user on the TreoCentral forum. Be courteous, not rude. Do not troll or respond to trolls.

I am going to start opening a can on anyone who violates the rules. Importantly past posts are not considered. So if someone insulted you, I don't care. If you respond in kind, you'll be suspended/banned.

oh, and one more thing,

MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    And one more thing, again...shouldn't this be in the treocentral.com forum??

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    I am going to start opening a can on anyone who violates the rules.
    Do you have Prince Albert in the can? If so, you should let him out.

Some of you may remember that old joke.....

Chuck
    I am going to start opening a can on anyone who violates the rules. .[/B]
    Is that supposed to scare us , it looks like an unnecessary threat.
    Quote Originally Posted by ttrundle
    Is that supposed to scare us , it looks like an unnecessary threat.
    <moved>
    This is not a threat, it is a reminder that this is a moderated site and there are rules governing the posting behaviour. We are concerned that recent users activities in the OT forums have forgotten the purpose of this site.
    We believe our users are intelligent, and thus they can figure out that those words are indeed swears and will not be tolerated going forward.
    I know u said you were not going to go back to older posts,
    But I think a Sticky entitled RTFM sets a bad example, and might be seen as something T/C tolerates.
    Just call me Berd.
    Quote Originally Posted by berdinkerdickle
    But I think a Sticky entitled RTFM sets a bad example, and might be seen as something T/C tolerates.
    I find it sad/odd that people ask to be thanked. How genuine is it when you have to ask? It's like forcing your kid to call Grandma, to thank her for the new underwear she sent for their birthday.

"To me, clowns aren't funny. In fact, they're kind of scary. I've wondered where this started and I think it goes back to the time I went to the circus, and a clown killed my dad.
    -Jack Handy, SNL-

Quote Originally Posted by berdinkerdickle
    I have been thinking that for weeks.
    Perhaps this is the more appropriate place for my question:

I spend most of my TC time in OT. Perhaps I represent what the mods are trying to avoid.

But, just so I can know how to proceed, is the desired outcome that political/religious topics be avoided? Or is the goal to have civil discussions whatever the topic?
    Good...i Assume You Will Be Banning Users That Do Not Search For That Is A Tos Violation.
    I've never seen a thread started by a mod moved before.
    Freedom of some speech in the US, through someone in the UK.
    Quote Originally Posted by geatches
    I've never seen a thread started by a mod moved before.
    That's why I'm here...for balance

20.    #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by shopharim
    But, just so I can know how to proceed, is the desired outcome that political/religious topics be avoided? Or is the goal to have civil discussions whatever the topic?
    Civil discussions are the goal, but as I'm sure you've seen, it's very difficult to have one when discussing politics and/or religion. If you can walk that line, go for it, but that is why I put out the warning. :-)
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast