Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1.    #21  
    Quote Originally Posted by ttrundle
    Is that supposed to scare us , it looks like an unnecessary threat.
    No, I just wanted to let you know why people might start vanishing without notice. Also, to take away the defense of "but no one told me."
    Quote Originally Posted by KRamsauer
    Civil discussions are the goal, but as I'm sure you've seen, it's very difficult to have one when discussing politics and/or religion. If you can walk that line, go for it, but that is why I put out the warning. :-)
    Thanks for that explanation. I enjoy trying to walk that line. But, I did not want to exasperate the mods (exasperating my fellow posters is a different thing )

As usual, we'll adjust to the way you guys are refereeing, and we'll get back in the game. Thanks for alerting us.

Now what did I do with that old book? I've lost a whole weekend of thumping....

P.S. Keep up the good work
  3.    #23  
    Quote Originally Posted by shopharim
    Thanks for that explanation. I enjoy trying to walk that line. But, I did not want to exasperate the mods (exasperating my fellow posters is a different thing )
    Anything that intentially upsets another user will find the poster's username and password to be very useless.
    I talk politics if I am watching Real time with Bill Mahr, or religion if I am in church or among the church goers, but anytime else in life...almost always ends in a fight. That is why I stay away from these topics. Nothing against people who like to walk the thin line on these topics, but its just not worth the time.
    at&t iPhone3G
    man do I smell a power trip. EVERY post of yours in the last day has offended me due to its threatening tone.

the sarcastic way you describe banning in your last post makes it APPEAR as if you will get a lot of pleasure from this and are chomping at the bit to get your next victim.

will find the poster's username to be very useless????

are you intentionally trying to upset us?

I suggest doing whatever you are going to do WITHOUT THE SARCASM.

best
    will there be bans for lack of searching?

this is a "TOS Violation".

just curious.

best
  7.    #27  
    Quote Originally Posted by KStewart
    I talk politics if I am watching Real time with Bill Mahr, or religion if I am in church or among the church goers, but anytime else in life...almost always ends in a fight. That is why I stay away from these topics. Nothing against people who like to walk the thin line on these topics, but its just not worth the time.
    I couldn't have said it better myself. It's like getting drunk at a bar with no ride home and your car keys in your pocket. There's no guarantee you're going to commit a crime, but it's probably best not to even pick up the glass.
  8.    #28  
    Quote Originally Posted by dutchtrumpet
    man do I smell a power trip. EVERY post of yours in the last day has offended me due to its threatening tone.
    Mine? Yeesh, I mustn't be doing my job too well. What I'm trying to do is save legitimate discussions from people who poison them. The alternative is to ban the discussions in total, which I think is more a drastic approach.
    I tend to agree with that. I post occasionally in OT but not often.
  10.    #30  
    will there be bans for lack of searching?

this is a "TOS Violation".

just curious.

best
    Repeated offenders, I would imagine, would be subject to that. However, there is rarely any malice in not searching first. There is malice in offending people, and as such, it is treated differently. Intent counts.
    I appreciate the difficult nature of what you are doing. I do notice you only quoted half of my post.
  12.    #32  
    I do notice you only quoted half of my post.
    Because I more or less agree with the rest and would rather not post more than I have to. Of course by doing so, now I've posted even more. Oh the irony. At least it's free. :-)
    so if someone puts an "intent qualifier" in their signature they are covered?
    I really think you should go back and change the Read The F***ing Manual Thread. I despise that word, and think those who use it, even in the WTF form should be asked to refrain.
    Just call me Berd.
  15.    #35  
    Quote Originally Posted by berdinkerdickle
    I really think you should go back and change the Read The F***ing Manual Thread. I despise that word, and think those who use it, even in the WTF form should be asked to refrain.
    I'm on it.

the sarcastic way you describe banning in your last post makes it APPEAR as if you will get a lot of pleasure from this and are chomping at the bit to get your next victim.

will find the poster's username to be very useless????

are you intentionally trying to upset us?

I suggest doing whatever you are going to do WITHOUT THE SARCASM.

best
    Are you referring to this?
    No, I just wanted to let you know why people might start vanishing without notice.
    or this?
    Anything that intentially upsets another user will find the poster's username and password to be very useless.
    or this?
    Since this was posted before I posted the "Warning" thread, I'll do nothing. But this is not tolerated here and will get you banned/suspended in the future. Joking or not.
    Freedom of some speech in the US, through someone in the UK.
    All,
    ...clip...
    I am going to start opening a can.
    [/B]
    This is what intimidated me!
    Just call me Berd.
    I find that inappropriate as well.
    We believe our users are intelligent, and thus they can figure out that those words are indeed swears and will not be tolerated going forward.
    So I guess I should refrain from describing a person as a< F@#$, D@#@, F@#@!@, or a Patriot's fan.
    ROOTING for WebOS makes me more sympathetic to Cubs fans.
  20.    #40  
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob-C
    So I guess I should refrain from describing a person as a< F@#$, D@#@, F@#@!@, or a Patriot's fan.
    I said the users are intelligent. Not me. :-)
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast