1.    #1  
    Is this legal? I have a feeling that it's not and I wanted it to come to the attention of the guys who run TC.

Ebay Auction
    "If you think a weakness can be turned into a strength, I hate to tell you this, but that's another weakness." - Jack Handey
    This seller stole a review from here and posted it in his auction. That does not seem legit.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 700wx -> Mogul -> Touch Pro
    You may like to flash, but your phone shouldn't. LED Killer
  3.    #3  
    That's what I'm sayin.
    "If you think a weakness can be turned into a strength, I hate to tell you this, but that's another weakness." - Jack Handey
    Off hand I would think that it isnt legal unless he got permission from TC. Arguably TC has an intellectual property right in its online reviews. Simply because they publish them online does not mean they have relinquished any rights to them. Add on top of that the fact that the ebayer is using TC property to make a profit (which I doubt he plans on compensating TC for).

TC should contact him and request he modify the ad. I would even ignoring the IP issue because people might rely on the ad (along with the TC logos/wording) as an implied warranty of merchantibility.
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve

Global Posts
    442 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by leadtrumpetdave
    Is this legal? I have a feeling that it's not and I wanted it to come to the attention of the guys who run TC.

Ebay Auction
    No, it's not legal. I'm on the case to get the seller to re-word his description in his own words and graphics, or get eBay's VERO people to remove it. All material published on TreoCentral.com is copyrighted and that fact is clearly stated at the bottom of the home page.

Harv
    Do NOT send email to harv at treocentral dot com - it will never reach me.. forwarding from that address to my real address was hijacked in early 2008, and I can't fix it.. send me a private message instead or email me directly at my RR address..
  6.    #6  
    I love how he says:
    This item for sells for 19.95 + shipping and handling at
    Then later he follows it up with:
    GORGEOUS - ONLY FOUND HERE

It's still up

And many of his other auctions use the same review to pump up the descriptions (even when they are not very germane to the item being auctioned.) One is a vertical treo case, still using the horizontal case review ;-)
    Last edited by jaytee; 06/16/2006 at 12:52 PM.
    Global Posts
    442 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jaytee
    It's still up

And many of his other auctions use the same review to pump up the descriptions (even when they are not very germane to the item being auctioned.) One is a vertical treo case, still using the horizontal case review ;-)
    I notified eBay. They sent me a VeRO file to fill out and FAX back to them. I forwarded it to the powers that be at TC so hopefully they will action it and show eBay that this seller is stealing Copyrighted material in his auctions, pretty much all of them, and eBay ("We just a venue").. will do something about it. This kind of stuff takes time, unfortunately.

Harv
    Do NOT send email to harv at treocentral dot com - it will never reach me.. forwarding from that address to my real address was hijacked in early 2008, and I can't fix it.. send me a private message instead or email me directly at my RR address..