1.    #1  
    I know that when I read a thread thats bolded and when I come out of it, its not anymore.

What I cant figure out is sometimes I dont even read a particular thread that was bolded and the page gets refreshed and its not bolded anymore.

How does the highlighting work? Is it possible to set up the site to keep those threads highlighted no matter what until Ive read them?
    ONE can be spelled as NEO.
    There is no spoon.
    This has been a problem for me as well. If I come here and browse the individual sub-sections rather quickly, I seem to keep the unread flags set for all the threads with unread posts OK. If I let my browser sit in a section for a while, then browse to another section, it often marks everything in the new section 'read' even though I haven't yet read anything there..
    after the 1st visit or two, try hitting "new posts"
    If I remember right, the software that runs TC has a timing function so if you do the "New Posts" search and then sit and don't read anything for 10 minutes (or whatever it is) then all of the bolded-and-unread threads will become unbolded-and-read threads. Maybe what you're seeing has something to do with that ummmmm feature. Moral of the story: read fast and don't allow the world to interrupt your TC session in any way whatsoever.
    Global Posts
    126 Global Posts
    Time to bring back a really old post! Is there any way to keep threads In bold until I actually read them? It's really annoying if you want to check a single thread and it unbolds all threads even if you didn't read them. I don't always have time or want to check all forums and sub-forums each time I visit. I tried looking for a setting in my user cp, but I can't find one.
    Quote Originally Posted by cerps View Post
    Time to bring back a really old post! Is there any way to keep threads In bold until I actually read them? It's really annoying if you want to check a single thread and it unbolds all threads even if you didn't read them. I don't always have time or want to check all forums and sub-forums each time I visit. I tried looking for a setting in my user cp, but I can't find one.
    read this thread

http://forums.precentral.net/site-fe...age-fixed.html

sums it up pretty nicely its 5 pages .. but its a funny 5 pages that explains whats goin on and why
    Global Posts
    126 Global Posts
    Not sure if that is what I was looking for. Maybe I need to use the "new posts" option. There's other forums I go to that I can open up a forum and sub-forum and scan the bold thread titles to decide if I want to read them at that instant. I can go back later and if I didn't read them, they're still bold. I don't understand why when I only visit the forums.precentral.net page it thinks I read every post in the entire forums. Thanks for your help though.
    Quote Originally Posted by cerps View Post
    Not sure if that is what I was looking for. Maybe I need to use the "new posts" option. There's other forums I go to that I can open up a forum and sub-forum and scan the bold thread titles to decide if I want to read them at that instant. I can go back later and if I didn't read them, they're still bold. I don't understand why when I only visit the forums.precentral.net page it thinks I read every post in the entire forums. Thanks for your help though.
    Its at the end of the thread.. Initially pc was cookie based, meaning after the store cookie expired all posts whether read or not come marked read . Than when you visit the site a second time a new cookie is dropped & it starts again.

The forum admins "fixed" the problem by marking only read as read, & got rid of the cookie system, because it would make browsing for people using a tapatalk client more pleasant.

This new system broke the new posts link & hence you get the contents of the thread.

Needless to say, the Adina eventually went back to the cookie based system which affects your "bold" (unread) threads

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums