1.    #1  
    Did you notice the name of the new forum??
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    <moved>
    Yes, and amazingly I just got an email from a buddy at Microsoft. Their new version of WM is not called WM5 anymore but Windows Portable. They specifically did this so they can put it on Treos and sell them as Treo 700P through Sprint. They are running a POS emulator and look just like a POS screen so no one will know the difference. They further increased the speed of the OS so it looks faster as a way to mask it.

Today is April 1 isn't it?
    Quote Originally Posted by gharrod
    Yes, and amazingly I just got an email from a buddy at Microsoft. Their new version of WM is not called WM5 anymore but Windows Portable. They specifically did this so they can put it on Treos and sell them as Treo 700P through Sprint. They are running a POS emulator and look just like a POS screen so no one will know the difference. They further increased the speed of the OS so it looks faster as a way to mask it.

ROTFLMAO.

Imagine - a Palm emulator running under WM that's actually *faster*. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
    A new Avatar to commemorate Silly Season.
    Quote Originally Posted by skfny
    ROTFLMAO.

Imagine - a Palm emulator running under WM that's actually *faster*. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
    Its not too far fetched Mac's have been striving for this for years. Of course they eventually gave up and made the dual boot.
    I suddenly have an urge for a MacRib sandwich.
    Remember, the "P" in PDA stands for personal.
    If it works for you, it is "P"erfect.
    Global Posts
    950 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dstrauss
    I suddenly have an urge for a MacRib sandwich.
    Understanding what 80% of the posts are about is an exciting and fun challenge.

mmmm....MacRib...
    NOTE TO PALM MARKETING: Perry and I have earned our Treos haven't we? Come on guys show us the love (not that Brokeback kind). I can read a teleprompter and Perry can use a telephone so we are the naturals for the new Treo commercials...sort of a point counterpoint approach. Perry hot onto the Treo and me coming back from the dark side. Think Hannity and Comes. Think Laurel and Hardy. Think Trump and Martha. Think Perry and gharrod.
    NOTE TO PALM MARKETING: Perry and I have earned our Treos haven't we? Come on guys show us the love (not that Brokeback kind). I can read a teleprompter and Perry can use a telephone so we are the naturals for the new Treo commercials...sort of a point counterpoint approach. Perry hot onto the Treo and me coming back from the dark side. Think Hannity and Comes. Think Laurel and Hardy. Think Trump and Martha. Think Perry and gharrod.
    How about just thinking?

(man, you left yourself WIDE OPEN for that one).
    NOTE TO MANAGEMENT:

We need more creative smilies around here!
    Quote Originally Posted by dstrauss
    How about just thinking?

(man, you left yourself WIDE OPEN for that one).
    First, I have never been accused of thinking. Take that back!!!
    First, I have never been accused of thinking. Take that back!!!
    I take that back, I would never accuse you of thinking.
    In the words of Quickdraw McGraw

"I'll do the thinin round here Bubbalooey"
    In the words of Quickdraw McGraw

"I'll do the thinin round here Bubbalooey"
    Okay Yogi...

"This is like deja vu all over again."
    "I didn't really say everything I said."

Oops, wrong Yogi. Double oops, you said Qweeks Draws...
    dstrauss were you around before TV existed or something???

If they want to make it run like windows, all they would have to do is cut the processor speed by 80% and stick in 1/4 of the memory.
    Quote Originally Posted by JackNaylorPE
    If they want to make it run like windows, all they would have to do is cut the processor speed by 80% and stick in 1/4 of the memory.
    *ba da tsh*

And now:
    My 700P will be better than your 700p!

Signed,
    The n00b!

P.s. Bow before me!

Don't just see the n00b, be the n00b! Wait, no...