1. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Make the default behavior for the 'Quick Search' be 'post' view, versus 'thread' view. This way, you get more detail and it usually gets you closer to what you are looking for. With the way it is now, I feel, you have to wade through a whole thread, when your answer may lay within' in one 'post'.

Just my 2.....
    Good idea.
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve

Sure you can. You can set the search default by your login. You need to do this on your desktop though.

Click Search > Advance Search > Under Search Options, select the Show results as Posts button > At the bottom, Save Search Preferences click Go to save.

With the save preferences, you can also limit which forums to always search only, i.e.: if you want to skip Off Topic, Marketplace, etc. by holding down your CTRL key on your keyboard while selecting which forums to search.
  4. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ronbo2000
    Sure you can. You can set the search default by your login. You need to do this on your desktop though.

Click Search > Advance Search > Under Search Options, select the Show results as Posts button > At the bottom, Save Search Preferences click Go to save.
    Thanks for the tip and I think I will implement this now. But I was thinking more about nOObs and folks that are still wet behind the ears, such as myself in this case.
  5. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Alright, I tried the save search preferences function, but it did not do what I wanted it to. It saved my preferences when went 'advanced search'. But it does not save these preferences when I use the 'quick search' function, dropdown menu. So my original suggestion stands.