Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Is it possible to merge all of these eruptions of rumored 700p release threads into one big fat "I just talked to someone who has no clue what they're talking about, and he said his uncle told him that the Treo will/will not be released by..." thread?

Everyday someone starts a new one. We merge blinky snowflakes, and "must have" threads. Why do we need 50 different fourth party rumor threads? I can understand if it's something realistic, like Merlyns pics. But come on, I'm tired of the same old nonsense being started anew.

I know it'd be a mass undertaking, but I'm sure the pumpkin-headed moderator could pull it off.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    I agree! It's the same thing about 3 or 4 times a week.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Definitly agree
    Global Posts
    450 Global Posts
    Aw, c'mon! If that happened, there wouldn't be any other appropriate threads for the Perry-&-Doom-vs.-Blaze/Slinky battles to spill into once the mods close the megathread.
    ... Als sie mich holten, gab es keinen mehr, der protestieren konnte.
    ... Then they came for me, and there was no one left to speak out.
    -- Rev. Martin Niemöller

Clie T615C + Nokia 6360 (SunCom) --> Treo 650 (Sprint) --> Treo 755p (Sprint) + BlackBerry 7130e (VZW)
    Palm (aka Plantronics) Ultralight Wireless headset
    Helix Holster
    Hey, How come the '700p coming out TOMORROW!' got Closed?:
    http://discuss.treocentral.com/showt...light=tomorrow
    I finally started putting Faith in the Rumors.
    How could anybody not believe that it is coming out TOMORROW, or atleast the day after tomorrow.
    When is Tomorrow?
    Just call me Berd.
    Please close all of them and ban anyone who opens up a new one. I'm begging you.

We've had far too many threads started by the guy with 2 posts about how he was just in his local Sprint store in Tinytown, OK and the rep ASSURED him that the new 875P would be out by April and would have a 5 MP camera and WiMax built in, but sorry to say would still have 23 MB of RAM.

If you do this, I promise to keep a tight leash on teh Munk.
    I'm back!
    Quote Originally Posted by jmill72x
    Please close all of them and ban anyone who opens up a new one. I'm begging you.

We've had far too many threads started by the guy with 2 posts about how he was just in his local Sprint store in Tinytown, OK and the rep ASSURED him that the new 875P would be out by April and would have a 5 MP camera and WiMax built in, but sorry to say would still have 23 MB of RAM.

If you do this, I promise to keep a tight leash on teh Munk.
    A 'Rob Zombie' song comes to mind.
    Just call me Berd.
    Global Posts
    507 Global Posts
    I am afraid I am going to have to agree with this, I like to come to T|C hit the new posts button and read new information or assist someone that actually needs help, without the search being cluttered up by Joe Schmoe's dog's parents owner who knows a guy whose niece dated a guy whose sister was married to a guy whose cousin went to school with a girl who has a friend that has an uncle who went to a Sprint Store and played with the new Treo that has 1 gig of ram and a 4 mega pixel camera with a Intel Dual Core processor but is only .5 cm thick!

Wow, that escalated quickly, honestly I didn't want to stat another rumor, just validating my point, I like the real info on new apps or tricks for the 650 as well as helping those noobs who came here looking for assistance, not reading another thread like that.. just my crappy two cents anyway
    My Cart
    Wireless Addict

The only reason why Chuck Norris grows a beard is because he is trying to compete with Bruce Campbell's chin, which can break diamonds.
    But wait... if we close ALL the rumor threads and ban EVERYONE who posts about the 700p, what do we do when/if it comes out?? Will anyone know? Will anyone care?
    Former: Visor, Prism, VisorPhone, Treo 270,Treo 650, Centro Now: Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by Nachtswerg
    But wait... if we close ALL the rumor threads and ban EVERYONE who posts about the 700p, what do we do when/if it comes out?? Will anyone know? Will anyone care?
    Are you saying it's OUT?
    Hurry start another Post
    Just call me Berd.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nachtswerg
    I just wish they were all organized in ONE place....I shudder to think of the New posts listing when I log in next month. Don't want to log in on April 10th and see the following threads

April 1st and no Treo here
    April 2nd and no Treo here
    April 10th and no Treo here

Do we need a new thread for each month, week, day, phase of moon ?
    Quote Originally Posted by berdinkerdickle
    Hey, How come the '700p coming out TOMORROW!' got Closed?:
    http://discuss.treocentral.com/showt...light=tomorrow
    I finally started putting Faith in the Rumors.
    How could anybody not believe that it is coming out TOMORROW, or atleast the day after tomorrow.
    When is Tomorrow?
    I did not close it but as JackNaylorPE says: No Treo here.
    I agree. Merge all to the 700p Release Date Rumours thread.

I personally don't mind them. At some point a number will probably start to point to a common date which may even be correct, (like hopefully the current late April date).

One thread would be good though.
    Ok, by me. Click those triangles suggest which ones to merge. I will do it or the other mods will.
  15.    #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by ronbo2000
    Ok, by me. Click those triangles suggest which ones to merge. I will do it or the other mods will.
    I knew I could count on you, Pumpkin-head!

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    I won't be banned talking about the product that shall not be named, will I?
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    I knew I could count on you, Pumpkin-head!
    Please stop calling be that, Mr. Simian.
    One thread triangled so far.
    I agree. No new 700p threads unless you have irrefutable proo. Stop wasting our time.
    Why are ringtones always such a big issue? Don't people realize that they're obnoxious!? And why the Nintendo 'Wii'? What th-!?
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry Holden
    I won't be banned talking about the product that shall not be named, will I?
    No, hijacking a thread about Versamail with "proof" about the 700p's release date is perfectly acceptable as far as I'm concerned.

I, like everyone else, am tired of clicking the New Posts link and seeing 12 new threads with release dates, like the one that got closed yesterday.
    I'm back!
  20.    #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by ronbo2000
    Please stop calling be that, Mr. Simian.
    One thread triangled so far.
    Can I just call you Pumpkin? Of course, people will think we're dating

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast