Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by gfunkmagic
    This might be an interesting idea imo...
    What is your take on the concern some have stated regarding the problem Palm might have with us Customizing Roms?
    How might TC be affected by a Forum specific to that subject?
    Just call me Berd.
    Global Posts
    779 Global Posts
    Add one for the Yays...
    Current Phones: Unlocked AT&T Pre3; Samsung Galaxy Nexus i9250; HTC Desire A8181
    Current Tablets: Lenovo ThinkPad Tablet 183825U; HP TouchPad 32GB w/ACL
    Previous Devices: Unlocked UK Pre3; HTC Touch Diamond; Palm Unlocked GSM Treo 680; PalmOne Unlocked GSM 650; Palm Tungsten T3 w/PalmOne WiFi Card, PowerToGo and ASUS WL-330g; 3Com Palm III; Sony Clie N760C
    Quote Originally Posted by berdinkerdickle
    What is your take on the concern some have stated regarding the problem Palm might have with us Customizing Roms?
    Maybe Palm will get some sense and include what people want for a change. Within reason, that is. I think FAT32 and stuff like that is within reason. One reason people mod, shortcomings of the original device, right?
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    I agree that there should be a seperate catagory for modding the Treo. I'd like to a section where I can learn to get new life from my past Treo's. For ex: I have two 300's & a Palm VII gathering dust in a drawer. What cool things could I do with them that I'm not aware of? I'd love to get some inspiration from the many brilliant & creative minds I've seen on TC.
  5.    #25  
    You weren't asking me, but I'll give you my take anyway...

TC just needs to make sure that there's nothing illegal posted and that there's no discussion of doing anything illegal. Palm's ROMs are protected by copyright, so posting them without permission would be illegal. I would even go back and delete any modified ROMs that have been posted in the past.

Is extracting the ROM from one's Treo completely legal? How about modifying it? Seems legal to me, but perhaps it's worth having an attorney review Palm's license agreement. If it's legal, then tools and discussion are fine as well.
    But not to play devils advocate, isnt that like saying MS can come after us if we change something or copy something in windows?
    ONE can be spelled as NEO.
    There is no spoon.
  7.    #27  
    Not saying it's illegal. I doubt it is. But the use of many products is governed by some agreement that the user must accept before using the product. The terms that apply to Windows are likely different from the terms that apply to other products. I don't know enough to say much for certain, which is why I suggested having someone else review it.
    Hello Mods?
    Has there been any progress?
    Are we going to get our own Separate Forum?
    Pretty Please
    Just call me Berd.
    Hello Mods?
    Has there been any progress?
    Are we going to get our own Separate Forum?
    Pretty Please
    and i second that motion!!
    !! uNo.....DoS.....tReO!!

http://www.myspace.com/ljj8503
    Better send emails over to the admins. They control the additions/removal/changes to the forums.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12