Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I really did do a Search First.

So here's my Stupid Question.

What are those little Icons (symbols) under our avatar.
    I gathered that the Triangle is to report bad posts.
    But why do some have it, and some don't.
    Also, why is some peoples dot green, and some blue?
    Last edited by berdinkerdickle; 02/22/2006 at 01:00 PM.
    Just call me Berd.
    You mean the circle next to the triangle? It's the online indicator. Green means that person is online. Blueish means they are either offline, or "hidden."

(Mods can still see if you're online though)

And of course, some people have their Yahoo or MSN or AIM messengers listed as well.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Quote Originally Posted by berdinkerdickle
    I really did do a Search First.

So here's my Stupid Question.

What or those little Icons (symbols) under our avatar.
    I gathered that the Triangle is to report bad posts.
    But why do some have it, and some don't.
    Also, why is some peoples dot green, and some blue?
    You don't have a triangle under your own posts because, what are you gonna do, report yourself?

Green dot = online, blue dot = offlline. Hovering over the dot would've given you a tool tip telling you what it was for.
    I'm back!
    I think he is referring to the MSN/Yahoo/AOL messaging icons
    PalmIII > PalmIIIx > PalmIIIxe > TRGPro > Handera 330 > Zire71 > Treo600 > Treo650 > Treo680 > Treo750 > Centro > TreoPro > iPhone 32GB 3GS

What about the number or little cell phones under your name? Some are different colors as other people, some have 1.. some have a bunch..
    Quote Originally Posted by jamesgangut
    I think he is referring to the MSN/Yahoo/AOL messaging icons
    He asked why the triangle wasn't always there.
    I'm back!
    Quote Originally Posted by DataByte
    What about the number or little cell phones under your name? Some are different colors as other people, some have 1.. some have a bunch..
    Based on post count (1 cell per thousand)
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    Quote Originally Posted by DataByte
    You get a cellphone under your name for each 1000 posts. The colors just differentiate between 1 cellphone and 2 or 3 or 4 or 5 cellphones, they don't mean anything other than that.

The mods need to come up with a new cellphone strategy based on Insertion's post count, although he does get a custom title.
    I'm back!
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by jmill72x
    You don't have a triangle under your own posts because, what are you gonna do, report yourself?
    Maybe!
    Just call me Berd.
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by scottymomo
    Based on post count (1 cell per thousand)
    Does insertion have a Family
    Just call me Berd.
    Maybe!
    If you want, here's what I'll do for you. If you felt you posted something offensive, but don't want to edit the post, just send me a PM and I report you for you. That way you can get whatever you want off your chest in your posts, yet be offended because you feel you crossed the line. Deal?
    I'm back!
    Does insertion have a Family
    You'd think that there would be at least a dozen people posting under that name for him to have so many posts, right? But he accumulated most of those during the good ol' days, back when an Off Topic post counted as much as anything else. That was back before people became so easily offended.

But to answer your question, no, he doesn't have a family. He was kicked out of the clan when he tried to challenge the silverback. It didn't end well for him. So now he's what's known as a "rogue monkey".
    I'm back!
  13.    #13  
    If you want, here's what I'll do for you. If you felt you posted something offensive, but don't want to edit the post, just send me a PM and I report you for you. That way you can get whatever you want off your chest in your posts, yet be offended because you feel you crossed the line. Deal?
    I think I will start w/ just a horribly Offensive Avatar
    http://discuss.treocentral.com/showt...ghlight=avatar
    Thanks Though!
    Just call me Berd.
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    You mean the circle next to the triangle? It's the online indicator. Green means that person is online. Blueish means they are either offline, or "hidden."

(Mods can still see if you're online though)

And of course, some people have their Yahoo or MSN or AIM messengers listed as well.
    red is used for invisible
    Quote Originally Posted by hofo_mofo
    red is used for invisible
    I believe only the "Invisible" user sees the red icon under his name. Everyone else sees the bluish/grey.

Or else, why be invisible?

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    The mods need to come up with a new cellphone strategy based on Insertion's post count, although he does get a custom title.
    Cuz I'm special, I get my own spiffy-doodle title!

meow.

Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    I believe only the "Invisible" user sees the red icon under his name. Everyone else sees the bluish/grey.

Or else, why be invisible?
    hmmm i wonder...im going on invisible now, tell me what you see
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hofo_mofo
    hmmm i wonder...im going on invisible now, tell me what you see
    One ugly dude in a hat/scarf and mittens.

Bluegrey dot
    "If It Weren't For The United States Military"
    "There Would Be NO United States of America"
    Quote Originally Posted by cardio
    One ugly dude in a hat/scarf and mittens.
    Agreed. Still see that.

I didn't even know invisible was an option.
    I'm back!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast