1.    #1  
    http://palmaddict.typepad.com/palmad...00_dont_a.html

Wonder what Michael and Miradu think of their comments re: TCs role in all this if they care. I remember from a thread a while back they Michael/Miradu (can't remember who) said that the forums are open season and that only legit news shows up on the home page since many people who come to TC never visit the forums...perhaps that needs to be reposted
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    Oh brother, this is getting out of control...

As you stated Scotty, the TC store and forums are completely different entities and the fact that this so call rurmor/hoax did not appear on the front page isays something. Also, I agree that a statement about this whole mess should and will be forthcoming shortly...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    How many "other hands" does that dude have? Holy crap!
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    wow...that guy's got a lot of time.
    As you know, anything goes in the forums. We don't have an opinion on its content. Like user "LiveFaith" posted in another thread: "It's a message board for goodness sakes ... every single post should be taken with a grain of salt. Just imagine the tech world without rumors, true and false. Boooooring."

We don't post rumors on the frontpage.
    Quote Originally Posted by marcus
    As you know, anything goes in the forums. We don't have an opinion on its content. Like user "LiveFaith" posted in another thread: "It's a message board for goodness sakes ... every single post should be taken with a grain of salt. Just imagine the tech world without rumors, true and false. Boooooring."

We don't post rumors on the frontpage.
    Hear hear!!! You don't "owe" anybody anything for what some loose cannon decides to post.

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    That guy is just trying to take advantage of the situation...obviously
    Global Posts
    492 Global Posts
    Slinky was banned from the boards it a very short period of time after confessing to his fraud. TC moderators did everything within their power to eliminate Slinky. But that doesn't mean Slinky won't be right back as Mistress Treo or someone else. Marcus is right, the message boards are half fiction, half fact and let the reader beware. The fact that so many so called tech news sources gave Slinky credibility by covering his story is an indictment of their gullibility and lack of journalistic credibility. That's what PalmAddict should be focused on. TC at no time covered this as a credible new story.

Now when will the 700p be available?!
    I was shocked engadget post. By doing so they added credibility to this.
    PalmAddict is a nice one to talk about credibility. Most of their stories are verbatim copies from other web sites, mainly Engadget, with maybe a line worth of editorializing and attribution. They also explicitly say they prefer not to have debate or discussion. They were as much caught up in the Treo 800 furore as anyone else. Now they are trying to take the high road by insisting the Treo 700p does not exist. I respect the "cat story"-web site even less after this blow-hard's "editorial".

Surur
    Do they ever allow posting comments on the editorial?
    Quote Originally Posted by ronbo2000
    Do they ever allow posting comments on the editorial?
    Quote Originally Posted by sammy
    6/ No comments will be integrated into PA, the forum will remain the same. I find PA is a argument free, positive, happy place to be that delivers the news from a blog perspective in other words your thoughts, my observations with personal touches joined with Jan and myself, Jennifer technical and Palm news, Peters Treo news and the wonderful AW thoughts and opinions mixed with the fantastic reader comments.
    http://palmaddict.typepad.com/palmad...ture_of_p.html

Surur
    Well, let's all hold hands and love one another.

Another one from the Gizmodo and this time, an unidentified source high up at Palm Sprint has disclosed some information about the future of EV-DO, specifically on the Palm Treo.
    Another one from the Gizmodo and this time, an unidentified source high up at Palm Sprint has disclosed some information about the future of EV-DO, specifically on the Palm Treo. First, EV-DO is a software solution, he’s reported to claim—not hardware—so with some clever hacking it is possible for everyone’s favorite Treo 650 to do EV-DO. We find that highly spurious.

Secondly, the source claims that by Q4 we’ll begin seeing EV-DO run at 1.2 to 4.5Mbit download speeds. Upgrades have been on the carrier’s roadmaps from the beginning, so that’s certainly possible.

He also claims that by early 2007 will see the release of WiMax, the high-speed flavor of 802.16 that could be used on cellular towers—should the carriers choose to implement WiMax despite the potential for obviating their own cellular networks.
    - sent by Sammy from my Treo 650.
    http://palmaddict.typepad.com/palmad...r_one_fro.html

Doesnt look like PalmAddict has learned anything.

Surur
    What a moron.

Two thoughts:

1) I love reading PalmAddict, but this is out of line.

2) I still think there's a reason credible sites ran this story. Slinky's fiction may correlate somewhat with beta-testing reality.
    A new Avatar to commemorate Silly Season.
    Yawn.