Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    perpetuate a (decently believable) hoax for more than one hour or 100 posts on said hoax thread, whichever happens first.

Seriously, how many hours of United States GDP just when down the drain permanently due to the lost productivity of a couple thousand (members and non) TCers who have followed the one (perhaps two) hoax threads from the last couple days?

If an individual wants to get some ego boosting kicks and laughs out of it, fine, but said individual should reap what he sows, and accept his/her punishment as a legit price to pay.

(And yes, I'm aware that I'm being dramatic and taking this way too seriously, but DAMN am I PO'd!!)
    I agree, look I do not see the "fun" in making everyone crazy with making up posts such as slinky did. Glad they banned him/her! Take care, jay
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group
    <moved>

We are talking about this...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    I personally dont care. I dont really think 'banning' decsions should be left to the majority. No one was forced to read or post in these threads.
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve

Quote Originally Posted by t2gungho
    I personally dont care. I dont really think 'banning' decsions should be left to the majority. No one was forced to read or post in these threads.

I assure you that the decision to bann someone is never left to the "majoirty" and is always discussed amongst the moderators and admin before action is taken. In fact, I probably should never have mentioned anything here in the first place and for that I regret it...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    If slinky deserves banning, so does this character with the long-running "There will be a Treo 700p" thread.

There will be a Treo 700p

I got a message from Jeff Krivin from 1src about the Treo 700p. He knew way too much about the Treo700 w, spec for spec before it came out. I believe him, and believe that we will have a Treo 700p. He sent me this message, and I posted it at my site on the Treo 700p.

http://www.gadgetsonthego.net/2005/...7725284205.html
    From what I've heard the Treo 700p will have a 320x320 screen, 64mb memory, EVDO, wifi/and or gps. There is a possiblity of an updated OS, but I am thinking it will remain Garnet.

Gharrod took him to task here:
    Quote Originally Posted by gharrod
    Jimmy, here are your past quotes about thge 700p. In fairness you did not say December of what year...

The quotes!
    He says, "it will be more impressive than the 700w."
    I thinkg Sprint will debut this before years ends, didn't Jeff Hawkins say there would be more devices announced before "years end"?

Jeff Kirvin is a very reliable source. Surur you're just mad because you got banned from the 1src forums, right? Now you post anonymously now,lol.

Palm knows that it has a lot of loyal users. Ed Colligan made it clear at the Treo for Windows press conference (watch the webcast) that the Treo 700w is just an extension, not the end of Palm OS. He even made sure to say that last quarter Palm sold half a million Treos. Look at what a Vice President of Palm said as well:

http://www.gadgetsonthego.net/2005/...t-but-this.html

Palm is doing a Windows Mobile Treo to get into the corporate world, and the other side wants a Treo desperately. We've know for sometime how great the Palm OS is, now MS is having Palm tweak their OS to make it "the palm experience on Windows Mobile". Like I've said any good salesman always gives a customer what he wants. Microsoft wanted the palm experience, Palm will make tons of $$$ trying to give it to them. Palm has made it clear in the past 3 days that they still intend to make Palm OS Treos and handhelds.

I know what you're saying, and I am looking forward to that "revolutionary product". I am so happy with my Treo 650, that it's all cake now. I do think there is something bigger than the Treo on the horizon, but I think there will be a successor to the 650. I am thinking it will run cobalt possibly.

This is my own thought, but something keeps telling me a cobalt treo is coming soon. They have had cobalt ever since palmsource gave it to them. They had to have been doing something with it. When the first video of the windows mobile treo came out from roc a fella, he also said that there was a cobalt one. I have a feeling that cobalt isn't dead anymore, if Palm wants or maybe has been briging it back to life and tweaking it. It's a finished os, and the fact that there was supposedly a cobalt treo alongside the windows mobile one makes me think this more.

From what I've heard the Treo 700p will have a 320x320 screen, 64mb memory, EVDO, wifi/and or gps. There is a possiblity of an updated OS, but I am thinking it will remain Garnet.

They released their EV-DO plans for the same prices we are paying for vision. There will be a Treo 700p running EV-DO debuting on Sprint. Palm has proven that they can build a Treo with an EV-DO radio (700w). I'll say it again, Sprint always gets the exclusive on Palm OS Treos, they will get the exclusive on this. It will be Feb. or March.

I came across this article over at pocketpcthoughts titled ""All future Treos Running Windows Mobile?" , and posted a rant at my blog and PalmAddict.

http://gadgetsonthego.net/2005/12/a...ows-mobile.html

Is it me or does the "other side" love reporting the death of the Palm OS?I know I went on a rant on my site, but do you guys think Palm would actually do this? I don't believe this for a second, but I know treocentral members don't hold back their opinions

I got emailed by a VERY RELIABLE source on new Treos:

I can't discuss who told me that , but I know my source is a VERY VERY RELIABLE source.
    Thanks Imageone, my article clearly says "Palm Treo and Symbian Treo in the works, confirmed". We all know that the Windows Mobile Treo was "in the works" for at least over a year. My intention was not to hype anything, or mislead anyone I was just relaying information I had received.

My poin!
    My point here is Jimmie Geddes has made a lot of claims and most of them are posts that point people to his website. Not sure there is or isn't a shread of truth to any of this but I have to question the huckster factor. If Palm is coming out with a Palm Treo then great but please a little less hype and a little more substance.
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...mie#post882120

Jimmie's thread lasted a lot longer than Slinky's, and he has not come clean yet. In fact, I believe it was his post, that people should expect a device "more impressive than the Treo 700w" which set people up to believe Slinky's claims about wifi, 128MB memory and a 3.2 Mpixel camera.

Surur
    Last edited by surur; 02/04/2006 at 07:28 AM.
    Surur, I disagree.

Looks like the 700p is real. What these people did was provide information about possibilities. Your quotes above prove that some of these, though clearly stated as beliefs, actually are accurate.

There is no comparison with forwarding on some information that you heard (which is notoriously suspect) to stating that you actually saw the device and had a full demonstration. The former is passing on information that can be easily interpreted as a rumor, the other is a flat-out lie.
    Better let economics take it's place. The "future Treos" section jumped literally 10-fold during the 800p buzz. Normally 10-15 in it at a time, but I saw 125-175 during the hoax. ABC/CNN/NBC/CBS/FOX have built conglomerates based on not being serious about equity but keeping an eye on the ratings.

It's a message board for goodness sakes ... every single post should be taken with a grain of salt. Just imagine the tech world without rumors, true and false. Boooooring. How long has it been since Palm made a Palm OS Treo announcement.

If you want credibility, then start a COMB (Credible Only Message Boards) and watch all three members flock their twice per year. JMO.
    Patrick Horne
    let's ban everybody except four two people just for fun.
    Lets just ban the stooges and gullible nimrods instead.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    we'd have like ten or twenty users
    Quote Originally Posted by dutchtrumpet
    we'd have like ten or twenty users
    Your'e right. Still too many.

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Hey....

How 'bout banning people who get their panties in a wad over nothing. Can you say SENSORSHIP.

We don't want the GNP to suffer if all the illegal aliens in the work force start getting Treos. Who will unload my truck if that hpppens?????

Chuck

OP.....GET A LIFE, or find something to do with the life you have....
    Quote Originally Posted by chckhbrt
    Hey....

How 'bout banning people who get their panties in a wad over nothing. Can you say SENSORSHIP.
    Yes. I can also say CENSORSHIP.

OP.....GET A LIFE, or find something to do with the life you have....
    Do you suggest he be banned?

Im with DT, lets ban everybody just for fun. Ban me!
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    Yes. I can also say CENSORSHIP.
    Did I do that? Geez, I need another cup 'o' java...

Do you suggest he be banned?
    Whatever works....or maybe a 24 hour self banning

Me
    Did I do that? Geez, I need another cup 'o' java...
    Hold off on that cup o' Joe, CW McCall, I think you may be on to something. If only it were possible to have nimrod SENSORS installed on keyboards. Then we could just zap them with 50,00 jiggawatts of ee-lectricity.

Hold off on that cup o' Joe, CW McCall, I think you may be on to something. If only it were possible to have nimrod SENSORS installed on keyboards. Then we could just zap them with 50,00 jiggawatts of ee-lectricity.
    I'm in Atlanta having a Temp SENSOR replaced and getting a PM on my truck. NO, I'm not having PM, my truck is....

I'll see if Kenworth has any nimrod SENSORS available for the Treo..

I need a brainfart SENSOR to let me know when I'm about to have a brainfart. Zlauncher has enough brainfarts as it is. I don't need them.....BWAHAHA

Chuck

Screw all that!!!!

BAN. THE. MUNK.
    Go here if you're tired of being .
    It'll be fun.
    ...and it's gigawatts you crazy primate!!!

Go here if you're tired of being .
    It'll be fun.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast